The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Carrie Fisher - RIP

jcm@gwr

• RMweb Premium

Very sad, I don't think any other film has had the impact for me that Star Wars had the first time I saw it. 60 is not old in today's world, we all know many die much younger than 60 but even so I wouldn't call 60 old.

• RMweb Gold

Dear me, what a conclusion to a dreadful year for the loss of so many actors and musicians. Please let's hope that there's a let up.

One has to dread what is to come with all one's favorites who are getting on now, well you do at my age. There are still one or two of the 50s rock'n'rollers that made me sit up as a kid still with us.

Very poignant now that l was watching Carrie Fisher on Ql on Christmas Night having fun..

RIP Princess.

Why would you be happy to have this thread locked?

We had three threads start up within seconds of each other, he was only asking for his thread to be locked to avoid duplication, Andy has merged the three instead.

Edit-

Already covered.

• RMweb Gold

Very sad, I hoped Carrie had the luck with her when they got her to hospital. A wonderfully fun lady who was brilliant on chat shows and panel shows and so open about her problems that others might take strength from it too. Carrie on the Last Leg, Graham Norton & QI, simply brilliant.

As she wished for her obituary to be reported ,

Carrie Fisher "drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra."

;)

While we will miss Carrie Fisher, spare a thought for her Mum, Debbie Reynolds (still kicking at 84).

Apparently she posted this:

"Thank you to everyone who has embraced the gifts and talents of my beloved and amazing daughter. I am grateful for your thoughts and prayers that are now guiding her to her next stop."

Source was E! News. (Not a place I visit, but Google sent me there.)

Archived