RMweb

57xx

Yes like you, and no doubt many others, I was well impressed by Giovinazzi talent and composure both before and after the Race, He needs a BIG seat as I think he may well be another Max Vestappen in the making.

The bigger teams  used to test, rain, snow or sun, or sometimes all three and throw in fog , at Silverstone and other circuits from january /feb .I havnt noticed the slower teams getting any quicker now  testing is  all  but stopped and as there is little in season  meaningful development  so the big spender still takes all

Yes like you, and no doubt many others, I was well impressed by Giovinazzi talent and composure both before and after the Race, He needs a BIG seat as I think he may well be another Max Vestappen in the making.

He's already the number 3 driver for a certain red team...

Giovinazzi is a really nice guy.My son in law ran  him  in lower formulas and he stays   in touch  with the family  .My  six year old grandson adores him and assumes every car in the lead at the AGP was Gio .He talked non stop all the way through the highlights and about an hour afterwards .I didnt have the heart to contradict him . Gio  does  maybe lack the killer touch that Verstappen  and Hamilton has.They  should chuck out Kimi and put him in the Ferrari seat though history is not on his side .

• Like 1

Well I really enjoyed the first race, great to see Ferrari back and able to challenge Mercedes and Seb take the top step once again !  Did Alonso jump ship at Ferrari too soon.........he must be wondering just that..............

This season already looks like it will be far more than the boring 2 horse races of recent years -- bring it on !! 

She says NO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so it may happen then! :O

I agree, If you were a team like Sauber who are - lets face it - not the richest team on the grid and you were paying for 2016 Ferrari Engines and an opportunity came along for a Free supply of Honda Engines, well, I think you'd give it serious consideration.

I have a £10 bet made with a friend that McLaren won't get on the podium before (and including) Monaco, feeling good...

Weird things sometimes happen at Monaco.  :) ( Does the bet only stand if they stay will Honda ?)

Will Honda and Mclaren  still be together by Monaco? That might be an interesting twist. Mclaren say that they have one of the best Chassis, so a change to Merc power plant, might just see them come good..... There is kind of a precedent.  Remember the Brawns ?

Okay it wasn't a mid season power plant change, but those cars were designed from the get go to take Hondas and ended up being hurriedly re designed to take Mercs  and they kind of went okay. :drag:

I think a Power Plant change at McLaren would take 5 or 6 Races to bed in, and for the Mechanics to sort out Balance and Suspension differences, so the question I suppose really is this; will both Alonso and Honda be with Maclaren by Silverstone?

• RMweb Gold

I think a Power Plant change at McLaren would take 5 or 6 Races to bed in, and for the Mechanics to sort out Balance and Suspension differences, so the question I suppose really is this; will both Alonso and Honda be with Maclaren by Silverstone?

And the rest... Just the engineering & structural changes to the car would take months in themselves. It not like swapping a V6 into a Transit MkII over the course of a weekend. :) 

And the rest... Just the engineering & structural changes to the car would take months in themselves. It not like swapping a V6 into a Transit MkII over the course of a weekend. :)

Come on you blokes be positive. 5 or 6 mates, 2 or 3 cartons of beer, some takeaway pizza, an arc welder, big hammer and a cavalier can - do attitude. ;)

Give us a call Ron, We'll knock it out by China !!

• Like 1

Depends on your point of view Andrew :P

Yes it was a brilliant start for the young Italian, Antonio Giovinazzi, and I see him as a front runner in the future, but poor old Pascal, he must be asking why such a freak accident has now spoilt a drive in a good ish car and will leave him without any chance of Points after 3 Races.

Also if Giovinazzi starts to score some useful Points, that will put pressure on Pascal and the Team.

• RMweb Premium

About time they made tyres to last the whole race. Fans want to see overtaking on the track, not in the pits.

I'm sure Pirelli  could make them , it's just that they are'nt allowed to any more . Thanks Bernie .

About time they made tyres to last the whole race. Fans want to see overtaking on the track, not in the pits.

That is true, except that the current format of aero makes that less likely than last year. So at least pit calls add an element of uncertainty to an otherwise processional race. I favour re-fuelling too, but I have not found the right argument to counter the suggestion that people might die or be critically injured due to same. Spoilsports!