The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Is RMweb morphing into Monty Python?

Enterprisingwestern

I've noticed recently that a number of threads have been showing signs of becoming a Monty Python sketch, eg;

For Jehovah substitute kit built, collector, ready to run, OO SF, EM/P4, box opener, ebay madness etcetc.

Then, if anyone dare give an opinion or quote a fact from their memory we get;

Probably just me?

f2abb266763ceacca25065bff1af30c1.jpg

That's all very well, but if you mention Monty Python to a younger generation, they haven't a clue what you're talking about or they just think it's pointless nonsense.

If we can't get the youngsters on board, sooner or later, the armchair trolling hobby will die out.

Something must be done!

Mark

Youngsters, they don't know they're born ! When I wert lad, it was nowt but Tri-ang Hornby, Wrenn and a bit of Trix if you were lucky. Tell 'em that today and they won't believe you !

CODE 100! CODE 100!

Can I have two lengths of C&L please?

I ain't got C&L, I only got this Code 100. CODE 100! CODE 100!

Er ... Well, what flavour is it?

It ain't any bleedin' flavour! It's bleedin HO, 2.33mm too bleedin' narra bleedin' flavour. CODE 100! CODE 100!

Do you get correct sleeper spacing with it?

COURSE YOU DON'T GET CORRECT SLEEPER SPACING WITH IT!!!

Not until after you left!

Mike.

It was probably when an N gauger demanded that his snakebite should cost half the price of a pint. The 2FS guy just brewed his own cider and quietly got on with getting wrecked.

I've been for a beer in there with an esteemed 2FS modeller and it wasn't like that at all that night. ;)

I've been the first plod to arrive on scene at rascally high jinx such as these, luckily I was able to hide in the cellar till the cavalry arrived!

.....First I was afraid, I was petrified etc

• RMweb Gold

It was probably when an N gauger demanded that his snakebite should cost half the price of a pint. The 2FS guy just brewed his own cider and quietly got on with getting wrecked.

Would not bother me, His drink would only fill 1/8 of the size if all three dimensions are half size.

Well, when a topic on how to pronounce Bachmann becomes a Brexit debate, we enter the absurd.

I always try and remember my dark SOH and tragically misguided moral compass are not shared by all before I post anything " amusing "

As heated and Pythonesque as some threads become on here, it's nothing compared to the bile and vitriol that's doled out in some corners of  the Pistonheads forum, believe me!

I came 'ere looking for an argument (the full half hour naturally) but ended up climbing the north face of Uxbridge High Street. Am I doing this right...? :D

Well, only if it is the two north faces of Uxbridge High Street......

Well, when a topic on how to pronounce Bachmann becomes a Brexit debate, we enter the absurd.

I always try and remember my dark SOH and tragically misguided moral compass are not shared by all before I post anything " amusing "

There's a topic about how to pronounce the word Bachmann? Seriously??? Oh dear God...

More likely those rough O gauge types, wanting more space and shunting the people queuing at the bar. :blum: 

G.

On the one hand yes, but only in certain threads.

But on the other hand, the forum generally is fairly friendly and helpful.

You'll always get the odd idiots and trolls turning up, sometimes running into each other.

Archived