The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

MRJ 253 Pre-publication Not-Very-Serious Thread

Zero Gravitas

I am thinking of forming the Muscat Area Group of the Scalefour Society. I am interested in P4* and I have a colleague who is thinking of modelling American interurban in proto48. Anybody out there in Ghubra or Athaibh or other such outer reaches of the universe interested. I would put a letter in MRJ but each copy reaching Muscat needs to be hand carried.

Oakhill

*and Hornby Thomas of course.

Didn't Colemans buy up the Durham mustard industry and promptly close it all down...shame on you Poursea...

OK I bow my head in shame, but they then re-introduced it. With the the latest Mr Coleman providing work, rest and play facilities  for family  (and the occasional hos for me to ride, and trout for me to eat)  I can't really say anything else.

• RMweb Gold

Would anyone agree with me, that the yellow nose on the front of MRJ 253 is more of a Mustard hue than lemon shade? (and I'm not talking French mustard)

OK, I haven't seen that front cover yet, but I'd say it was closer to the mustard than the lemon.

Oh the comedy! :D

At the risk of being too serious, about 25 yrs ago I did buy a copy of MRJ at a news shop in Acapulco. Can anyone beat that for furthest distribution?

I saw MRJ for sale several years ago in the newsagent in Russell, Bay of Islands, NZ.

Russell is near Paihia - pronounced Pie Here - but sausages were not in evidence. That's a good thing as we have found New Zealanders, while good at wine, coffee and pies, haven't really got to terms with snorkers.

Archived