RMweb

Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Well today was the first proper time in TOPS since 10 Feb, and I really felt like I needed a good running session. Well actually it turned into two one Hour sessions, an Hour this morning, and another Hour after Lunch.

The result of which is at least 3, maybe 4 Videos, (still editing) so here is the first from today.

Hi Andy

That is good news. Stay indoors for teh next few days it will not do you any favors going out if too cold.

• Like 1

Nice videos.

Really like the low level ones as that feels like what you would see in real life.

PS - Signal box roof looks like it's been knocked, must be one hell of a draught in there especially today.......snow on the levers...inside is a new one.

• RMweb Gold

Hi mate,

Great videos, really good to see you out and about in TOPS again.

As Clive says, I would hibernate for the rest of this week, it's going to be blooming cold.

We've got snow up here now.

Al.

Nice videos.

Really like the low level ones as that feels like what you would see in real life.

PS - Signal box roof looks like it's been knocked, must be one hell of a draught in there especially today.......snow on the levers...inside is a new one.

Cheers Kevin, I'll have to get the Gipsy's around to fix that roof.

Cheers Kevin, I'll have to get the Gipsy's around to fix that roof.

Don't talk about gipsy's.

We had them camped out at the park and ride here at Bicester for a few days..........the Tesco's superstore opposite had to close Friday night because of trouble.

The rest of the town that end had a lot of problems as well.

Anyway, enough of that, layout looks good and seems to have survived your absence.

How are things anyway........I saw your comment on LM and remind you that you can do one thing I can't and that is run trains........something I miss which is why I am looking at a DCC shuttle module. 

Don't talk about gipsy's.

We had them camped out at the park and ride here at Bicester for a few days..........the Tesco's superstore opposite had to close Friday night because of trouble.

The rest of the town that end had a lot of problems as well.

Anyway, enough of that, layout looks good and seems to have survived your absence.

How are things anyway........I saw your comment on LM and remind you that you can do one thing I can't and that is run trains........something I miss which is why I am looking at a DCC shuttle module. 

I didn't know they existed, that's good. 

Loving the ground-level shots Andy, really looks great.

Al.

Cheers Al, there far better at low level, but sometimes I need to get more scenics in so need to compromise. There will be some more again soon I hope.

• RMweb Premium

Have you any Snow yet mate?

Hi Andy

Yes, small amount left this evening. Took my son to college today in Lincoln. On the way quite heavy snow, poor visibility etc. The road was white except where the car tyres had been. Dropped him off and it stopped. By the time I got back on the main road it had all gone, less than 15 mins before it was all white.

• Like 2

Hi Andy

Yes, small amount left this evening. Took my son to college today in Lincoln. On the way quite heavy snow, poor visibility etc. The road was white except where the car tyres had been. Dropped him off and it stopped. By the time I got back on the main road it had all gone, less than 15 mins before it was all white.

Think you might need some stilts for Dog walks tomorrow mate, haha.

Moderation is the key, Andy  !

Good to see you getting up and about and back at it though !

Thanks Andi, If it Snows as forecast tomorrow I will be Housebound, and so today was a real bonus and thoroughly enjoyable. 

I hope to get outside, weather permitting a couple of days a week now, and see how it goes from there, just sitting quite and on my own running a selection of different Trains doesn't seem to tire me out to much. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You are spoiling us with the videos.

As others have said, love the low down angles.

But do not put your health at risk to bring us these little cinematic gems.

You are spoiling us with the videos.

As others have said, love the low down angles.

But do not put your health at risk to bring us these little cinematic gems.

Cheers Bogie, I couldn't walk the Dog yesterday because of the Snow and Cold, so a little gentle exercise in TOPS was o.k. 

I'll rest again today, promise, hahha.

• Like 4

And lastly for now, No 39, with a few bits of duplication to make 6 minutes. I've had a really good day.

Really good to have you back and enjoying yourself, and able to share it with us.

Take it easy, especially with this weather. I've an idea for a new project, partly inspired by your Big layout (but in OO), but it's too

cold to be outside doing the woodwork bit.

• Like 2

Is it windy in TOPS?  Check out the signal box roof about 4 minutes into the last video  :jester:

Seriously, great vids Andy.

regards,

Brian.

Thanks Brian, Kevin mentioned that yesterday and I forgot to check it when I went in there this morning, glad you enjoyed the Videos anyway.

• Like 1