Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Hi Andy

I am glad you were honest.

I might have got your text. I tend not to have my phone on as I get no/very poor signal. I will switch it on in a while and see if I get a signal. 

It has stopped snowing here but is very very very cold with the wind coming straight off the North Sea. The local police have said, "Don't drive today".

TBH I do like DMU's, I ran a lot of more modern DMU'S on Deesdale Road, mainly 150 / 153's etc because if the nice liveries, and I fancy doing that again on small shelf project as DR started off as. 

In fact I'm watching a couple of Blue / Grey units on Flee Bay at the moment. but need to clear a path for them through the Yard.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I DID reply to your post on KL2 - hell and high water wouldn't keep you off here! :no:  :no:  :nono:  :nono:

Hope you'll soon be able to get back to a normal TOPS routine.

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

I DID rely to your post on KL2 - hell and high water wouldn't keep you off here! :no:  :no:  :nono:  :nono:

Hope you'll soon be able to get back to a normal TOPS routine.

Jeff

Yes bored this morning, tried painting, but not in the right mood, :O  tried reading, but not in the right mood, :O  came on here but not in the right mood, :no: but it was the least best / worse option, plus I was watching F1 Practice from Catalunia between looking and posting on here. :sungum:

Time for Lunch, Pancakes today. :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Yes bored this morning, tried painting, but not in the right mood, :O  tried reading, but not in the right mood, :O  came on here but not in the right mood, :no: but it was the least best / worse option, plus I was watching F1 Practice from Catalunia between looking and posting on here. :sungum:

Time for Lunch, Pancakes today. :sungum:

I bet you were in the right mood for pancakes....

Just put the heater on in the Bunker - first time in 2 days. 2C in there, but felt "warm".

Enjoy your lunch.

J.

• Like 1

I bet you were in the right mood for pancakes....

Just put the heater on in the Bunker - first time in 2 days. 2C in there, but felt "warm".

Enjoy your lunch.

J.

3 x Pancakes, very good.

I have a 2 and bit ft Snowdrift up the front of the Shed, and with the blowing Snow around now, if I went in, I might NOT be able to open the Door to get out again in an hour.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

TOPS is off the menu today, there's about a 2ft Snow drift against the door and about 3 to 4 inches on the path, so it's indoors in the warm for me today. I do wish I had room for a Layout indoors as well, but Er indoors might / would kill me if I suggested the idea.

Just need to build small a closed in 'hallway extension' and you would have 'space indoors'!

Peter 

3 x Pancakes, very good.

I have a 2 and bit ft Snowdrift up the front of the Shed, and with the blowing Snow around now, if I went in, I might NOT be able to open the Door to get out again in an hour.

Hi...

With the state of the weather here at home....if you could send a Red Cross Parcel please ensure it includes pancakes....!

Bob

• Like 1

It's interesting reading all the snow stories.  The snow never reached us but major problems were around Montpellier (they seem to be as well prepared as the Brits!).  Instead we have had coastal flooding from the Mediterranean and the coastal area is completely flooded.  Last night there were easterly gales up to 100 kph.  We don't live there so the railway room is high and dry and we are somewhat smug.

So I went to Leroy Merlin this afternoon and bought some workshop power tools.  Prices in France seem to be significantly lower and the level of service significantly higher.  I am still not convinced about how the French store their timber, though, and that is my next headache to resolve.

Ironically we drove all the way down here, starting Saturday evening and arriving Monday afternoon (berth of Brittany Ferries, hotel at Brive) and had glorious blue skies and sunshine all the livelong day.  Now the skies are grey and wet.  But good psychology for the railway room visits!

Good to see you posting "beaucoup" Andy!

Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Excellent interchange of PMs, Andy.

I'm enjoying your musings on KM and Penybont, and where to go with the 0 gauge stuff. You've really got me thinking of the raised 0 gauge "plank" above the Cumwhinton section.

Great stuff!

Jeff

• Like 1

Excellent interchange of PMs, Andy.

I'm enjoying your musings on KM and Penybont, and where to go with the 0 gauge stuff. You've really got me thinking of the raised 0 gauge "plank" above the Cumwhinton section.

Great stuff!

Jeff

Yes Jeff, Today I've spent to much time sitting and doodlig, hahah, DANGEROUS,  :no: .

Enjoyed the PM's over the last few days mate.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yes Jeff, Today I've spent to much time sitting and doodlig, hahah, DANGEROUS,  :no: .

Enjoyed the PM's over the last few days mate.

You'll have to come up and have a play when the extension is underway.

And I'll know whose brains to pick if I ever have the "insanity" to move to the larger gauge!! Now that idea IS dangerous!

Jeff

• Like 1

You'll have to come up and have a play when the extension is underway.

And I'll know whose brains to pick if I ever have the "insanity" to move to the larger gauge!! Now that idea IS dangerous!

Jeff

PM sent, hahhaha :no:

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening Andy.

It's over a week since anything was posted on here, so I thought I'd give things a kick in the bum.

Things seem to be warming up, so hopefully you'll be able to get out to TOPS a bit more to have a play. That'll be more interesting than looking at my station building or thinking about the wind coming from Clive's direction!

Anyway, it's good that you've clearly been following doctor's orders. Now SURELY you can use "health grounds" to persuade Dee to let you build SOMETHING in the house. Even if PS takes over a room (you wish).

I'm at dad's this week, but keep up with the PMs. And BTW, a DMU or two might look quite good on KM....

Jeff

Evening Andy.

It's over a week since anything was posted on here, so I thought I'd give things a kick in the bum.

Things seem to be warming up, so hopefully you'll be able to get out to TOPS a bit more to have a play. That'll be more interesting than looking at my station building or thinking about the wind coming from Clive's direction!

Anyway, it's good that you've clearly been following doctor's orders. Now SURELY you can use "health grounds" to persuade Dee to let you build SOMETHING in the house. Even if PS takes over a room (you wish).

I'm at dad's this week, but keep up with the PMs. And BTW, a DMU or two might look quite good on KM....

Jeff

Morning Jeff and thanks.

I did broach the subject of PS in the conservatory the other day, after all it's only 6ft x 15 inches, and the room is quite big, but I got a firm NO. :O  :nono:  :nono: 

In other news, I did intend to go outside and do a couple of small jobs today, but it's persipitating down, and so I cant be ar**ed :O to even make a dash to put the heater on.

I do agree, (although it PAINS ME to admit this in front of Clive M) but a DMU or two would look good trundling around.

Still no firm plans for the Station area that has bugged me since the project started last June, but I did see a man lurking with an AXE outside and a bundle of ''O'' :O  :sarcastichand:

post-9335-0-18571900-1520843652_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5

Morning Jeff and thanks.

I did broach the subject of PS in the conservatory the other day, after all it's only 6ft x 15 inches, and the room is quite big, but I got a firm NO. :O  :nono:  :nono: 

In other news, I did intend to go outside and do a couple of small jobs today, but it's persipitating down, and so I cant be ar**ed :O to even make a dash to put the heater on.

I do agree, (although it PAINS ME to admit this in front of Clive M) but a DMU or two would look good trundling around.

Still no firm plans for the Station area that has bugged me since the project started last June, but I did see a man lurking with an AXE outside and a bundle of ''O'' :O  :sarcastichand:

attachicon.gifO Dear 003.JPG

That bundle of track is very worrying.......enough said

I got another Great Central book for my birthday and it would seem two things come to light, one my memory is not as sharp as I think it is and two, despite the GC seemingly infested with DMU's there's still unlikely to be any on this particular section of the line(diesel locos might well arrive, but as I'm contemplating buying a new car as the window washer bottle on this one is empty, it might be at a slower pace than I might like).

Well despite the weather, I did venture into TOPS today, and had a good running session making TWO Videos in the process, here is the first one.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13

Nowt wrong with a DMU or two, no matter how much it hurts. :sungum:

I got another Great Central book for my birthday and it would seem two things come to light, one my memory is not as sharp as I think it is and two, despite the GC seemingly infested with DMU's there's still unlikely to be any on this particular section of the line(diesel locos might well arrive, but as I'm contemplating buying a new car as the window washer bottle on this one is empty, it might be at a slower pace than I might like).

Yes I think if KM survives, a DMU or 2 may be required at some stage.

• Like 2