Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Really good to have you back and enjoying yourself, and able to share it with us.

Take it easy, especially with this weather. I've an idea for a new project, partly inspired by your Big layout (but in OO), but it's too

cold to be outside doing the woodwork bit.

Thanks Tony, by BIG LAYOUT I take it you mean my O Gauge project, Penybont Sidings.

Good luck with that and glad you too enjoyed the Videos.

• Like 1

Well I've missed the first anniversary by 10 days, it was 17th Feb 2017 that I started this project, it started as Kingsford, North Yard and Depot, as a 17ft x 2.5ft Depot, then changed to Kingsley Dale, next it was Kingsley Road, and finally in June 2017 it became Kings Moreton.

A lot has happened since June last year, the MPD (Motive Power Depot,) and Turntable has gone, and been replaced with Fields, the Goods Yard has gone, to be replaced with TMD, (Traction Maintenance Depot), and finally Much Dithering has gone in order to enlarge the Storage capacity, so much has changed, but more importantly I have good running and great operation in a pleasant setting.

Were I to start again today, (which I'm not) I would make the Storage capacity much bigger, that is the only thing that now bugs me about KM.

So, all in all a good 12 Months work. 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

A rare evening just lately where I have had some time to myself .. albeit bout 20 minutes before my eyes give in and go to sleep whether im stood up or in bed!  Why did I think coming on the computer and reading was a good idea!!

Nice to see your progressing - take it steady, I'll hopefully get to watch your latest videos over the weekend. Life seems manic at the moment, every time I think its slowing down, something seems to hit the gas!  Delighted that your getting enjoyment out of KM however! Off to check out your PS thread ....

Take care mate.

Rich

Hi Andy,

A rare evening just lately where I have had some time to myself .. albeit bout 20 minutes before my eyes give in and go to sleep whether im stood up or in bed!  Why did I think coming on the computer and reading was a good idea!!

Nice to see your progressing - take it steady, I'll hopefully get to watch your latest videos over the weekend. Life seems manic at the moment, every time I think its slowing down, something seems to hit the gas!  Delighted that your getting enjoyment out of KM however! Off to check out your PS thread ....

Take care mate.

Rich

Hi Rich, Thanks, nothing new on PS i'm afraid, I'm just taking my time in TOPS but it's good to finally be getting in there again and playing Trains.

• Like 1

Good to see the Blue Banger's running again trust they all started first time and I bet there were puddles of oil where they had been standing  :jester:  :jester: 

Rumour's going around that a rogue shop steward called the crews out on unofficial  strike action  :triniti:  :triniti:  :triniti:

• Like 1

Good to see the Blue Banger's running again trust they all started first time and I bet there were puddles of oil where they had been standing  :jester:  :jester:

Rumour's going around that a rogue shop steward called the crews out on unofficial  strike action  :triniti:  :triniti:  :triniti:

Certainly NO Trains running through Kings Moreton today Martin, hahah :no:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Users may have experienced a failure of images or attachments uploading, this is a drive space issue and we are working to resolve this. This may require a system restart at some point. System updates during any outage will be found here.

Is this your fault with all your videos? (Not to mention your multitude of layouts!)

Users may have experienced a failure of images or attachments uploading, this is a drive space issue and we are working to resolve this. This may require a system restart at some point. System updates during any outage will be found here.

Is this your fault with all your videos? (Not to mention your multitude of layouts!)

Hhahah, probably mate, :O  I'll have to cut back a bit from now on :no: , hahah :sungum:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy.

Loving the videos mate. I might have to come up your way with my sound equipped locos one of these days. My 28 sounds fab and my 24 hasn't even been run yet, it's one of the Sutton one's and my layouts been down since b4 it arrived.

Regards Lez. 

• Like 2

If you keep posting this propaganda I'll be brainwashed, kicking and screaming into having a sneaking appreciation for blue diesels !

Seriously it, I can't get enough of them. It's so unusual to see a model of a mainline that runs scale length trains at scale speeds . A great effort. Best wishes for your continued recovery. We have a fantastic hobby to provide motivation and a lot of fun to pick ourselves up in life's difficult times.

I am off to the Steam Rehabilitation Centre now, to get de-radicalised.

• Like 1

Hi Andy.

Loving the videos mate. I might have to come up your way with my sound equipped locos one of these days. My 28 sounds fab and my 24 hasn't even been run yet, it's one of the Sutton one's and my layouts been down since b4 it arrived.

Regards Lez. 

Morning Lez, A couple of friends of mine have the Sutton 24, and it really is amazing, I have the Green Bachy one with Factory Sound and although not as good, it has an amazing Sound and presence when crawling along slowly. It really should have gone, being Green, but I just couldn't bear to part with it now. 

I would like a SLW in Blue if I can get my hands on one.

I've never seen or heard a Cl 28 yet.

If you keep posting this propaganda I'll be brainwashed, kicking and screaming into having a sneaking appreciation for blue diesels !

Seriously it, I can't get enough of them. It's so unusual to see a model of a mainline that runs scale length trains at scale speeds . A great effort. Best wishes for your continued recovery. We have a fantastic hobby to provide motivation and a lot of fun to pick ourselves up in life's difficult times.

I am off to the Steam Rehabilitation Centre now, to get de-radicalised.

I do still have some Steam stuff, the two West Country,s and Std 4 and Std 5, all with Sound a Q1, N Class,  B1 and Stanier Mogul, and a Green 33, so might be doing another West Shed type plank one day.

I do like the Blues though, and I can run scale length Speedlink and Trip workings and short 6 coach Passenger services.

• Like 3

TOPS is off the menu today, there's about a 2ft Snow drift against the door and about 3 to 4 inches on the path, so it's indoors in the warm for me today. I do wish I had room for a Layout indoors as well, but Er indoors might / would kill me if I suggested the idea.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Morning Lez, A couple of friends of mine have the Sutton 24, and it really is amazing, I have the Green Bachy one with Factory Sound and although not as good, it has an amazing Sound and presence when crawling along slowly. It really should have gone, being Green, but I just couldn't bear to part with it now. 

I would like a SLW in Blue if I can get my hands on one.

I've never seen or heard a Cl 28 yet.

SLW 24 091 in BR Blue is still available to purchase Andy, not sure of the stock levels though.

I'm a massive fan of SLW, can't believe you do not have an example on your wonderful layout, shame on you Mr P  :nono:

I'd need to sell the Wife and Dog to raise the cash, :O and I wouldn't get much for either, :no:  hahah. :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

I do still have some Steam stuff, the two West Country,s and Std 4 and Std 5, all with Sound a Q1, N Class,  B1 and Stanier Mogul, and a Green 33, so might be doing another West Shed type plank one day.

I do like the Blues though, and I can run scale length Speedlink and Trip workings and short 6 coach Passenger services.

Hi Andy

I have noticed that you seem to be lacking in the multiple unit department, why?

Hi Andy

I have noticed that you seem to be lacking in the multiple unit department, why?

No Money, No room in the Storage Yard, No Local Services, No interest.

Did you get my Text this morning / 07.52, about your Snow?

I'll buy some snow off you.

No, It's FREE, come and collect it.

• RMweb Premium

No Money, No room in the Storage Yard, No Local Services, No interest.

Did you get my Text this morning / 07.52, about your Snow?

No, It's FREE, come and collect it.

Hi Andy

I am glad you were honest.

I might have got your text. I tend not to have my phone on as I get no/very poor signal. I will switch it on in a while and see if I get a signal. 

It has stopped snowing here but is very very very cold with the wind coming straight off the North Sea. The local police have said, "Don't drive today".

Hi Andy

I am glad you were honest.

I might have got your text. I tend not to have my phone on as I get no/very poor signal. I will switch it on in a while and see if I get a signal. 

It has stopped snowing here but is very very very cold with the wind coming straight off the North Sea. The local police have said, "Don't drive today".

As long as the wind is coming from the North Sea, and NOT down your trouser Leg, hahhah :no: