Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Is that the DCC Sound fitted version of 47001? You’ll be pleased to know it has the correct tanks fitted - Bachmann replaced them on those not already sold when they were informed.

Not sure about the braking on the nearer train in the last photo. You appear to have a mix of vacuum and air braked vans.

Is that the DCC Sound fitted version of 47001? You’ll be pleased to know it has the correct tanks fitted - Bachmann replaced them on those not already sold when they were informed.

Not sure about the braking on the nearer train in the last photo. You appear to have a mix of vacuum and air braked vans.

Thanks Andrew, Yes that is the Sound one and the Sound is great too, I didn't know about the Tanks, I don't study that sort of detail.

As for the Train with mixed Braking, earlier in the Videos you may have seen it with some open Steel and Planked Wagons at the rear with a Brake Van, and my mate John said they were to old so they were removed, at the time of the Video I was running with a Brake Van, but I see it's been removed now in that pic.

That's a job for next time I go into the Shed.

Cheers.

Edited by Andrew P

Hi Andy.

The videos are great mate and I'm loving the 31. You don't see very many 31's on layout here on RM web.

Regards Lez. 

Thanks Lez, I would like another 31, as I like the Look and Sound (SWD), but there are so many around with duff Chassis. Before I bought that one, I phoned Hornby and gave them the Model and Running No, and they confirmed that that one would be O.K. but I notice now that one corner has a crack in the body, and half of one Buffer cowling has come lose, so has had to be glued back on.

Shame as I do like them as well.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andrew

I have discussed Mr P's trains with him in the past and hopefully when he is feeling up to it I will nip over to his and we will sort him and his trains out. At the same time make a little video explaining the basic principles. Mr P despite now limiting himself to blue engines is still covering a large time period where at the start there were still unfitted trains, to almost an airbrake only system. So lots to cover. 

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2

Hi Andrew

I have discussed Mr P's trains with him in the past and hopefully when he is feeling up to I will nip over to his and we will sort him and his trains out. At the same time make a little video explaining the basic principles. Mr P despite now limiting himself to blue engines is still covering a large time period where at the start there were still unfitted trains, to almost an airbrake only system. So lots to cover. 

Cheers Clive, I am trying, hahha. :O  :no:  I have decided that due to a SERIOUS LACK OF STORAGE, I will run as either, early 80's or late 80's adding or removing stock as appropriate, i.e, early for Western and Warship, Milk Tanks and Clay Hoods, and Later for Large Logo / Post 85 / 6.

• Like 1

I can help with that storage problem Andy any excess 16 ton mineral wagons and steam engines will find plenty of room in my loft on the GC.....................

In light of recent event, and the fact that I prefer the Blue period, most of my Steam Stock will be thinned out over the next couple of weeks, Some are Sound fitted, hahah

Sorry Kettle lovers, but it has to be done.

I will however be keeping the 16T Minerals, sorry.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

In light of recent event, and the fact that I prefer the Blue period, most of my Steam Stock will be thinned out over the next couple of weeks, Some are Sound fitted, hahah

Sorry Kettle lovers, but it has to be done.

I will however be keeping the 16T Minerals, sorry.

Depending what your thinning anything Southern or LMS S&D 7f, 9f for instance drop me a pm likely to snap your hand off!

Cheers

Ade

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

There is something about Banger Blue, I don't know why it can be so attractive but it just is, somehow.

A nice dirty class 31 on parcels, mmmmhhh!

Nice videos and pics Andy, glad to hear you're on the mend.

Al.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

There is something about Banger Blue, I don't know why it can be so attractive but it just is, somehow.………

…………Nice videos and pics Andy, glad to hear you're on the mend.

Al.

Awww shucks, stop it, you’re making me blush! :D :D

Joking aside, I couldn’t agree more and here’s to seeing lots more from Andy’s wonderfully “Blue” Kings Moreton!

• Like 1

Awww shucks, stop it, you’re making me blush! :D :D

Joking aside, I couldn’t agree more and here’s to seeing lots more from Andy’s wonderfully “Blue” Kings Moreton!

Cheers Dougie, more again soon I hope.

• Like 1

Morning Bodgit,  RM Webs not the same without your daily postings and banter plus layout updates, really hope you return soon, but we all understand why you are absent, our daily chats on the phone :telephone:  helps me to keep a distant eye on you, glad some of your Buddys are coming around to see you in small half hour sessions, get well soon Buddy....

• Like 1

Morning Bodgit,  RM Webs not the same without your daily postings and banter plus layout updates, really hope you return soon, but we all understand why you are absent, our daily chats on the phone :telephone:  helps me to keep a distant eye on you, glad some of your Buddys are coming around to see you in small half hour sessions, get well soon Buddy....

Cheers George, I've had a couple of visitors, but I do restrict them to half an hour now.

John and Jeff came around last Saturday for an hour and a bit, and TBH it was to much and although I was just sitting on the Stool and talking, I felt exhausted afterwards.

I was told when I was in Hospital that there's a lot of Muscle and Tissue damage and I'm waiting to see the Surgeon again in a couple of weeks, and hopefully there will be no more Surgery or treatment required, and I can be signed off as o.k for another few years, and plague you all with my ramblings on here.

I hope to get to the Nottingham Show with my friend Big John, but at the moment I will see how I feel nearer the time.

Nothing else to report on here or Penybont Sidings unfortunately, I have jobs to do on both Layouts, and I have the bits I need to complete them, but they will have to wait until I'm a lot stronger than I am at the moment,  and feel that I can actually do something worthwhile in TOPS.

In the meantime I've done some more painting, just sitting on my  :O  in the Conservatory. Click on image to enlarge.

post-9335-0-52600100-1518858213_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

Wow! That's stunning Andy, where is it a Painting of?

Steve.

Thanks Steve, It's Snowdon, North Wales, but I cant remember the name of the Lake

This is the photo it was painted from, I have changed a few bits such as the Sky etc.

post-9335-0-19826400-1518860916_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

Thanks Steve, It's Snowdon, North Wales, but I cant remember the name of the Lake

This is the photo it was painted from, I have changed a few bits such as the Sky etc.

attachicon.gifsnowdonia-national-park-in-UK.jpg

That looks like the view from Llynnau Mymbyr, Capel Curig, of the Snowdon Horseshoe.

Here's one from Google Maps:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Llynnau+Mymbyr/@53.0975269,-3.9290191,3a,75y/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipOyS1uOkjdyFoilty1MtJNLvbsPst4r4ZggqcVW!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipOyS1uOkjdyFoilty1MtJNLvbsPst4r4ZggqcVW%3Dw152-h86-k-no!7i5472!8i3080!4m5!3m4!1s0x48650e2508b058d5:0x843cfffd115ba98a!8m2!3d53.0978632!4d-3.928736?dcr=0

Although its not as good as your painting Andy.

Funnily enough we drove past there a few hours ago from a day out on the Llangollen Railway.

Edited by tender