Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Hi Andy,

Pardon a really dumb beginner's question but I noticed that even with the luxury you have of a long sweeping run of multi track the spacing between your track runs is much more than on a standard mainline:

attachicon.gifMainline Westcountry - scenery 2.jpg

Is this because of visual artifacts from the scaling, i.e. trains or track just look too close together at correct spacing? This really came home to me when building a RR Xing to suit Hornby 2nd and 3rd Rads where spacing is horrendously non-prototypical at 3x rail gauge vs the 1.4x or thereabouts in photo above

Colin

Hi Colin, My 2 Main Running Lines are the correct 6 ft Gauge apart, with the Up Refuge Siding being just a little wider from the up running line, about 10 ft, I think. The Down Loops are set at a greater distance from the Running Lines, as they would be used for Shunting the Yard and running around Stock, and also for a better flow on the curves..

l knew you would come up with something special ? and you have.....well done that man...

Thanks George, I'm pleased with it, in fact I've just been out for a quick look now that the PVA is drying out, and I'm really pleased, it was well worth the time put in last night.

Well after checking on Mum after her fall yesterday, and she's fine, so I'll see her later.

I then had an hour to spare before coffee, and so I've added the Backscene and 50 Sheep / Lambs to the Field.

post-9335-0-17539000-1503137377_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-11651000-1503137392_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-35321000-1503137405_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-90778900-1503137420_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-29348400-1503137438_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-80922200-1503137452_thumb.jpg

Next job is to work on the middle Fields and get some more Fencing.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Love the scenic work Andy. The Railway Company would normally be obliged to put up a fence along the edge of their land so I would expect simple posts and wire along the line where the slope changes. However it is not easy doing posts and wire well.

Don

Love the scenic work Andy. The Railway Company would normally be obliged to put up a fence along the edge of their land so I would expect simple posts and wire along the line where the slope changes. However it is not easy doing posts and wire well.

Don

Hopefully that's a job for later this evening Don, It needs to be a decent Fence, like I did back in the corner to stop any Sheep getting down the Embankment.

I'm on my 4th pack of Peco Flexible Fencing, and I recon I need another 2 packs yet, plus 2 packs of the Wire and post, although I have some fine wire and some Matchsticks so I may have a go at making some over the weekend.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

So a bit of Hedging and Fencing is now done. The Stone Pillars still need painting later, and the Muddy entrance's to the Fields and Stile's done.

post-9335-0-56500800-1503146914_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-72253000-1503146931_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-72326500-1503146948_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-70967800-1503146969_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-85360100-1503146985_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-98899800-1503147002_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-81852800-1503147019_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-67238300-1503147037_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-38116800-1503147055_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 18

Well, when I saw the early pictures of the layers of masking tape, I really did not think that track would work - but you have gone and done it again! It really does look stunning. I agree that the gate looks much better with the stile than the stone posts.

• Like 1

Well, when I saw the early pictures of the layers of masking tape, I really did not think that track would work - but you have gone and done it again! It really does look stunning. I agree that the gate looks much better with the stile than the stone posts.

Thanks Andy, I have to be honest and say that when I started it I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but I'm sure glad I tried, and I feel it's worked well.

• Like 1

For an example of the use of ezline  see Chris Nevard's layout  "Catcot" way back, here on Rmweb . IIRC he used their thinner wire for telephone wires. (no connection disclaimer!)

Thanks Don, I have the Catcott Burtle article in my ideas and inspirations folder, I'll dig it out later and have a look at it in more depth.

Thanks for the info.

Those stiles are looking the business, I must say the Farmer has kept them well maintained unlike some of the rickety death traps I was navigating this morning!

Your right, maybe I should attack them with the Craft Knife, hahha. :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

• Like 1

Looking great Andy, really like the farm track. Maybe it's a more modern practice, but of course the sheep often have numbers painted on them, so when there are no trains to spot the farmers can spot sheep instead!

Oh, and my experience of stiles is that the ground within a 6 foot radius of them is normally ankle deep mud :)

Looking great Andy, really like the farm track. Maybe it's a more modern practice, but of course the sheep often have numbers painted on them, so when there are no trains to spot the farmers can spot sheep instead!

Oh, and my experience of stiles is that the ground within a 6 foot radius of them is normally ankle deep mud :)

Hi Martyn, I did the agree about the Stiles, they, along with the Gate entrances need a LOT of Mud, and some tracks along the Field as well no doubt.

• Like 1

Excellent work there Andy like the way you have made that rough mould like area in the field into an interesting feature, I reckon a bit of rusting agricultural machinery or the foundations of an old barn  would add a bit to this scene but it's all good. 

Excellent work there Andy like the way you have made that rough mould like area in the field into an interesting feature, I reckon a bit of rusting agricultural machinery or the foundations of an old barn  would add a bit to this scene but it's all good. 

Are you also predicting the Lottery Numbers Martin?

I'm working on the foundations for an Old Barn at the moment, I need to play with that a bit more before showing it though.

Are you also predicting the Lottery Numbers Martin?

I'm working on the foundations for an Old Barn at the moment, I need to play with that a bit more before showing it though.

Not predicting I'm afraid Andy it was just a meeting of great minds me thinks  :sungum:  :sungum: