Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

When will the heap great ballasting job take place Andy...... :whistle:   ?

When I get HEAP GREAT VOLUNTEERS, hahah. :O 

I need to do the Point Rodding and then paint the Rails, and maybe do the Hillside this side of the Tracks first. It could be some while away yet Larry.

When I get HEAP GREAT VOLUNTEERS, hahah. :O

I need to do the Point Rodding and then paint the Rails, and maybe do the Hillside this side of the Tracks first. It could be some while away yet Larry.

Excuses, excuses..... anything to put off the one part of this hobby that no one seems to look forward to!

Excuses, excuses..... anything to put off the one part of this hobby that no one seems to look forward to!

I actually don't mind the ballasting funnily enough, I find it therapeutic, a bit like doing the washing up after lunch. hahhah

• Like 1

The clanking loco(s) intrigue me. Are you using a DCC decoder or Is your sound external?  

Just a standard Howes Sound Larry, and back off the controller 1 or 2 notches, it's one of my favourite sounds on the Steamers.

• Like 2

Brilliant, thanks for sharing. Tell Jeff to smile next time you take his picture, looks like he's concentrating quite hard there!

Yes he was concentrating on his Std 4, it's a nice sound in that one.

• Like 1

Just a standard Howes Sound Larry, and back off the controller 1 or 2 notches, it's one of my favourite sounds on the Steamers.

I will hopefully find the actual Howes decoder on YouTube or their website. It traveled a long distance in coasting mode. Impressed.

• Like 2

I will hopefully find the actual Howes decoder on YouTube or their website. It traveled a long distance in coasting mode. Impressed.

It will go all around in Coasting Mode if I don't alter the controller Larry, just clanking away all day, hahha

• Like 2