Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Andy, I watched your video on the landscaping/static grass, and now I understand why you seem to make such rapid progress !

Looking superb, loving the embankment and the fields, and as for the stone gate pillars - most field gates here on the Isle of Man are just like that, mainly because, most field boundaries are either dry stone walls or 'Manx Hedges' - basically, long piles of stone covered with earth and turf. Stone pillars are needed to give the farmers something solid to fix gate hinges to !

Keep up the good work, cant wait for the ballasting to start - it'll really start coming together then ! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy, really like what you've done, the farm track, hedges, fences and GRASS all bring it together to make a great bit of scenery, and the sheep look good as well.

Cracking job mate, Bodgit strikes again.

Look forward to your old barn scene, sounds good.

Al.

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

I disappear for a little bit and you have done a Larry lol.

Now I need to scrol though to find what I have missed. Hope you are ok buddy

Mark

Hi Mark, I'm good thanks, and I hope you are too. re the re build, well yes, I just wanted an excuse to do some Scenic work, now I have LOADS to do. There is still the Hillside and embankment the other side of the Tracks yet, to form the cutting.

Cheers for looking in mate.

• Like 1

Andy, I watched your video on the landscaping/static grass, and now I understand why you seem to make such rapid progress !

Looking superb, loving the embankment and the fields, and as for the stone gate pillars - most field gates here on the Isle of Man are just like that, mainly because, most field boundaries are either dry stone walls or 'Manx Hedges' - basically, long piles of stone covered with earth and turf. Stone pillars are needed to give the farmers something solid to fix gate hinges to !

Keep up the good work, cant wait for the ballasting to start - it'll really start coming together then ! 

Hi Andi, Thanks for that, I do have some Stone Walling to go in later, but it will be mainly Hedgerows and Fencing I think.

Some Ballasting has already been done at Dore End Station and the Canal Section, so the Cutting will be quite soon now, but I have ONE MORE little piece of the jigsaw to do before I start the Ballasting. :O

All the best.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Love the scenic work Andy, you seem to have the knack of getting your scenic treatment to look just right.

Derek

Thanks Very much Derek, I hope I can get the Trackwork close to your standard, even though mine is code 100, I do enjoy the Scenic side, so I'm glad I removed Depot now.

• Like 1

Hi Andy, really like what you've done, the farm track, hedges, fences and GRASS all bring it together to make a great bit of scenery, and the sheep look good as well.

Cracking job mate, Bodgit strikes again.

Look forward to your old barn scene, sounds good.

Al 

Thanks Al, I may try another Farm Track when I come to do the Fields on the other side of the Tracks that will form the cutting. As for the Barn, that will just be a pile of RUBBLE, hahhahah :no:

I missed this until you gave me a link Andy. I dont get around a much as I should  :biggrin_mini2: .  Smashing scenic's there on the previous few pages and I enjoyed your video as well. I will gradually read my way back through your thread over the next few evenings.  

As others have said, leave you alone for a week or so and another ten pages and a hundred photos appear!  Great scenic work, Andy.

Paul

Thanks Paul, I'm working on some Weathering jobs today for a Scenic Break, or a break from the Scenic's.

Once the last bit of Fencing is done on the Embankment after I've bought it on Wednesday, then the Point Rodding for the Canal Section will be attempted, then the outer Home Signal and Telegraph Poles etc along the back. I can then move forward to the other Hillside to form the Cutting.

I missed this until you gave me a link Andy. I dont get around a much as I should  :biggrin_mini2: .  Smashing scenic's there on the previous few pages and I enjoyed your video as well. I will gradually read my way back through your thread over the next few evenings.  

Thanks Larry, there are several Videos now, with 1980's Railfreight, 60's Green and 70''s Blue Diesels, Plus the Castle and Patriot as well.

With the Dore End Station Section and the Canal Section both finished to a very basic standard, and will be super detailed once all the main Layout is Green.

• Like 1

Thanks Larry, there are several Videos now, with 1980's Railfreight, 60's Green and 70''s Blue Diesels, Plus the Castle and Patriot as well.

With the Dore End Station Section and the Canal Section both finished to a very basic standard, and will be super detailed once all the main Layout is Green.

Super-detailing takes more time than building several basic layouts!  A layout without a station would be easiest.

• Like 1

Super-detailing takes more time than building several basic layouts!  A layout without a station would be easiest.

I did consider that, until my mate came around, I now have THREE :O  the Main Station at Kings Moreton, the through Station at Dore End, and the BLT at Much Dithering, so L O A D S to do and keep me busy for many years to come.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy, lovely job you are making on the scenics, the rough track looks particularly  effective, shame I split my trousers climbing over the stile. All the best, with a breeze now blowing where it shouldn't Adrian.

Edited by westerhamstation
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy, lovely job you are making on the scenics, the rough track looks particularly  effective, shame I split my trousers climbing over the stile. All the best, with a breeze now blowing were it shouldn't Adrian.

Adrian

Andy's track laying isn't that bad  :jester:

Hi Andy, lovely job you are making on the scenics, the rough track looks particularly  effective, shame I split my trousers climbing over the stile. All the best, with a breeze now blowing where it shouldn't Adrian.

I didn't know weather to do a Like, a Thanks or a Funny, it certainly made me chuckle, hahah

THANKS Adrian.

Adrian

Andy's track laying isn't that bad   :jester:

Cheers Ray, hahhahah

Edited by Andrew P

I was going to do a Barn but instead, I decided to do the  ruined remains of a 12 Century Chapel that was dedicated to St Budoc, I still need to do some old blackened Roof Timbers but most were taken and used as Gate Post's.

post-9335-0-09018600-1503236744_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-71559500-1503236759_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-34717000-1503236841_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-81465000-1503236857_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-20949000-1503236877_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-98117200-1503236894_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 17

I didn't know weather to do a Like, a Thanks or a Funny, it certainly made me chuckle, hahah

THANKS Adrian.

Adrian

Andy's track laying isn't that bad   :jester:

Cheers Ray, hahhahah

Course you could have taken affence, then you wouldn't have to go shopping again to finish it!

• RMweb Gold

Wouldn't bother with any timbers, Andy. They would have disappeared donkey's years ago. And I'm surprised the locals have left so much stone, when there are cottages to be built!

• Like 1

You grew up in Yorkshire then....   :mosking:

You can't say things like that Larry, My Mum's from Lancashire. :O  and Dad's like me, from SUNNY Devon.

I went to Yorkshire once, it was Raining. :no:  :sungum:  :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P

Wouldn't bother with any timbers, Andy. They would have disappeared donkey's years ago. And I'm surprised the locals have left so much stone, when there are cottages to be built!

Legend has it  that the Stones were cursed. :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :rtfm:  :sarcastichand:

• Like 1

In the Peco Fencing pack there are some spare Male / Female half post's, so I've just been trying to make some Wire and Post Fencing with some cotton, not very successfully so far. I've done about 10 post's, so some 15 inches I think.

post-9335-0-22585300-1503246698_thumb.jpg

Re think tomorrow. :no:

• Like 1

In the Peco Fencing pack there are some spare Male / Female half post's, so I've just been trying to make some Wire and Post Fencing with some cotton, not very successfully so far. I've done about 10 post's, so some 15 inches I think.

attachicon.gifWire and Post 1 001.JPG

Re think tomorrow. :no:

Feels like a parallel universe, I've spent time today drilling post holes for fencing. But my posts are from matchsticks drilled with a 0.75bit, and threaded with fishing line (bought from Woolworths 40yrs ago, when I had dreams of operating signals).

I look forward to seeing your resolution, but even more so how you do point rodding (as stated on KL").

All the best