Little Muddle

KNP

Oops, spoke too soon...

attachicon.gifmuddle_snow.png

My dear sir.

You can't leave a picture hanging in mid air like that....

So to save any accidents like falling pictures I have a duty of care to protect the reader so I have quickly built some supports to avert any problems....

post-8925-0-66920200-1519984627.jpg

• Like 3

Quite worrying really...

One of my favourite albums, I have somewhere the original double sleeved one brought when first released........

All I need now is a mad parson and some red weed...........

Every now and then I take a picture which, to me, captures the essence of what I was aiming for.

Standing the camera on the track on a small tripod carefully placing the legs amongst the trees and peering over the trees I got this...

attachicon.gif1222.jpg

Following on from the above I tried the camera in a completely unusual and risky position.....

attachicon.gif1223.jpg

Left the control panel in to show that this layout is not that wide as I can sometimes portray.

This is how I did the above picture

attachicon.gifIMG_3824.JPG

Not recommend for those of a nervous disposition.....!!!

You utter cheat Kevin, the third picture with the camera clearly shows this to be a MODEL railway  :nono: 

Tea (and beer drinking) - a vastly undervalued form of exercise as is driving manual car. Don't forget both may also involve walking so that is two forms of exercise in one. What more do you want?

Martyn

One of my favourite albums, I have somewhere the original double sleeved one brought when first released........

All I need now is a mad parson and some red weed...........

I became quite fed up of the mad parson, I’m glad the Martians got him. I seem to remember he was called Nathanial.

Derek

Edited by Mrkirtley800

• RMweb Gold

Religious nutter.  Can't remember the soldier's name, but he was another prime specimen.

Have to say that Thunderchild is a brilliant name for a Battleship, though.  I had the album and the book was one of my GCE curriculum books; I rather enjoyed it!

• RMweb Gold

...and in addition to the exquisite making of the model the subtle weathering really tops it off nicely

Your buildings have such well observed detail with flashing and pipe work I think you should check each building carefully for burst pipes after the big freeze!

A quiet day here at Little Muddle.

Weather looks fine there but looking through our dining room  window it's heavy rain at the moment - better than snow I would surmise.

Life is tranquil down on the farm, time seems to just stand still so the farmers can just lounge around and chat.....

post-8925-0-29196900-1520505489_thumb.jpg

From just the original idea of removing the glazing from the Hornby B set to improve it's appearance I seem to have entered into a more serious upgrade.....

New bogies have been fabricated by combining the original ones with some new side frames from MJT.

post-8925-0-17775700-1520505797_thumb.jpg

Then S&W coupling assembly made with no loop (at present) - we'll see how I get on with that

post-8925-0-88301400-1520505710_thumb.jpg

Main coach frame altered, straight buffer beams, new battery boxes from Frogmore fitted.

post-8925-0-64170100-1520505724_thumb.jpg

Parcel literally just arrived from Dart with buffers, vacuum cylinders, dynamo's, grab handles etc. so I can recommence to completion now.....

So now which do I finish? the horse and cart for the third cakebox challenge is also underway whilst I was waiting for the bits from Dart......decisions, decisions, decisions.....

Edited by KNP
  • Like 18

Kevin,

that last post looks like a tentative step from scenery over to the dark side. It is "une pente savonneuse" with no escape I'm led to believe

Colin

I have been known to dabble, though the force is not strong at present I can feel the urge in the background.....!!!!!

• RMweb Gold

I replaced the original Airfix glazing in my B set recently as part of a repaint from the dodgy purple attempt at BR maroon into BR crimson.  I was concerned that the coaches would look worse without the correct Airfix flush glazing, but the elimination of the prismatic effect brought about by 'ordinary' plastiglaze, along with the filling in of the surplus window in the guard's compartment of the left hand coach on each side, has very considerably improved the appearance of the set.  I painted the interiors and dropped a few passengers in at the same time, along with first class and no smoking labels in the windows.  I am happy to put up with the overthick body sides, and I intend to acquire another B set in late GW choc/cream which I will modify in the same way.

Your bogies are a clear improvement, and if I do not upgrade my set similarly I will at least be attempting to provide my old Airfix ones with tie bars!

You continue to inspire, even on the dark side...

• Like 1