Little Muddle

KNP

Odds and ends day.

An attempt at a close up with the idea of looking through the autocoach windows to see beyond.

Sort of worked but also picked up warts and all of the model. I have no idea why this particular coach seems to a magnet for dust and flick!

Best thing would be to mock up a carriage window and side and use it as a frame in front of the lens.

Best thing would be to mock up a carriage window and side and use it as a frame in front of the lens.

Agree, but what I was messing about trying to do was look from one side of the coach through it and out the other side

As I said, it sort of worked!

First tangible bit of work for the third Cakebox Challenge 'Not another one' nearly complete and when challenge over will rest permanently here at the end of the siding.

post-8925-0-12194800-1519230842_thumb.jpg

There will be a horse and cart in front, concealing the rather dated chassis of this Mainline ventilated van.

• Like 17

Hi Kevin,

Beautiful modelling. It makes me want to cry, knowing that this is way beyond my abilities!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, or been answered before (I did search) but what gauge is this built in, please?

Hi Kevin,

Beautiful modelling. It makes me want to cry, knowing that this is way beyond my abilities!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, or been answered before (I did search) but what gauge is this built in, please?

Many thanks.

Scale is 4mm or OO.

If you can get OO to look as gorgeous as that, perhaps I should stop worrying about EM/P4 and just focus on what's in front of me!

I think that your approach of scenery first, railway second is spot on.

• Like 2

If you can get OO to look as gorgeous as that, perhaps I should stop worrying about EM/P4 and just focus on what's in front of me!

I think that your approach of scenery first, railway second is spot on.

Agreed.

Well if you think about it logically the scenery would have come first as in real life so why not in model form as well, that way they will end up working together in harmony and tend to look more natural.

Thanks again.

• Like 3

One other question, if I may. Your figures are exquisitely painted. Do you use acrylics, enamels, or oils? I've used acrylics and enamels in the past, but am toying with experimenting with oils. As to olive, vegetable, or diesel, I haven't decided,

One other question, if I may. Your figures are exquisitely painted. Do you use acrylics, enamels, or oils? I've used acrylics and enamels in the past, but am toying with experimenting with oils. As to olive, vegetable, or diesel, I haven't decided,

Vallejo model color paints which are acrylic.

Don't use anything else now for the railway.....or figures.

Great fan of the stuff

• Like 1

Whilst going through the archives came upon this series of pictures taken last week by the Squadron Leader from his RE8 of the last run of the B set before it was moved to the workshops.

post-8925-0-99679100-1519378771_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-40480400-1519378790_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-73660900-1519378809_thumb.jpg

Currently the coaches are in pieces, glazing removed and new bogies being built - just working out couplings as I use S&W but these bogies are a bit low so I've got my design head on a the moment.

As they run as a pair and they are close coupled I will fabric a hook and eye to join them, at the other ends my current thinking is just a modified S&W hook without a loop.

My 8 year grandson went into the railway yesterday afternoon after school and asked what these two wheeled things where on the work bench.

I told him they where called bogies.....

Well you can probably guess at that age his response to that and he ran off and told mummy that granddad was now building a pair of bogies, her reply was 'is that one for each nostril' - that's my daughter a chip of the old block...... 

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Another picture found in post focus folder.......

attachicon.gif1211.jpg

That’s a really satisfying crisp picture. Postfocus lets us see that each of your fence posts is weathered wood and the fence wires are absolutely straight and there is nothing in the picture to give away it’s scale. Brilliant!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That’s a really satisfying crisp picture. Postfocus lets us see that each of your fence posts is weathered wood and the fence wires are absolutely straight and there is nothing in the picture to give away it’s scale. Brilliant!

I'm giving up...

Thanks for all the favourable comments and notifications on that last picture.

Especially as it had been languishing in a folder for a while until I came across it yesterday.

As you might have guessed photographing the layout is every bit as important to me as building it.

Where I was able to go to the next level was having a camera (Panasonic TZ-100) that had a full sized sensor, lots of pixels to play with and of course the post focus mode.

Then having in conjunction with the camera some form of editing suites, in my case MPC-HC x64 a media player to read and save individual stepped pictures and then Serif Affinity, to put it all altogether as one combined picture.

It takes time, I would say 15 odd minutes each finished picture (depending on number of pictures saved - the closer the shot the more it needs to focus) but to me, and looking at the comments received to date, worth the effort.

My apologies for the 'Churchillian' salute in the bottom right of the picture, what these plants get up when you are not paying attention is nobodies business.....! 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for posting Kev.

Your modelling continues to inspire.

Splendid stuff!!

Rob.

Thank you to everybody that voted for Little Muddle and myself in the recent BMRA, very much appreciated.

The Mayor of Little Muddle issued this statement at the recent Parish Council committee meeting which I have been asked to pass on.

​'On behalf of myself, all the Parish Council member's and the people of Little Muddle we would like to express our thanks and appreciation for being included in the BMRA.

​Our inclusion in this award highlights our endeavour to bring to the wider RM web public a general feeling of wellbeing that provides us the ability to enhance the environment and living standards of the residents and visitors alike.

​Over the years we have battled through adversity and controversy but always with the aim that the ideals of our founder will have been maintained and even bettered regardless of cost and hardship.

​It is this drive that allows this green and pleasant land to be developed and protected for future generations ensuring that future RM web visitors can enjoy the vista's and concepts that where first conceived all those years ago.

​We pride ourselves in maintaining not only the quality but the design as well that is central to our core beliefs that ensures Little Muddle maintains a level of completeness that is pleasing to the eye.

​So without more ado the entire Council says a heart felt thank you to you one and all for not only being considered but to those that voted for us as well'

Well, never short of word our Mayor.

He's one of those people that believes why use 10 words when 100 can be!

Many thanks again.

• Like 14

Vallejo model color paints which are acrylic.

Don't use anything else now for the railway.....or figures.

Great fan of the stuff

Thought I would try this type of paint following your excellent praise for the product. I have done a search and have been bemused by the amount of colours on offer. What sets / colours would you recommend to start with and which is the best retailer to purchase them from. Cheers 

Thought I would try this type of paint following your excellent praise for the product. I have done a search and have been bemused by the amount of colours on offer. What sets / colours would you recommend to start with and which is the best retailer to purchase them from. Cheers 

Good afternoon to you.

How things going, finished that layout yet?

I haven't brought any of the sets rather I have looked through the range and select what I felt was best suited for the job in hand.

Like Rob said, ebay is a good source but the following is one of my favourites which I have brought most of my paints from.

http://www.snmstuff.co.uk/product-category/vallejo-products/vallejo-products-vallejo-model-color/

They also have a good range of other products as well.

Hope this helps