Little Muddle

KNP

Engine shed this time.

This was the first building I built using just card and brick papers

Complicated to build because of the brick on edge detail that I wanted to included so it was done in layers.

post-8925-0-84062800-1520932963_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-76285500-1520932973_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-71402700-1520932985_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-14837900-1520932996_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-85463400-1520933008_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-23452100-1520933034_thumb.jpg

This was the building referred to very early on in this topic where I had used compatible inks and they proved to be less colour fast than the manufacturer ones.

The UV varnish I applied does appear to have arrested any further visible deterioration but only time will tell......

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

It's beautiful. Just the right amount of grime and lichens on the roof tiles. (And UV varnish answers one of my questions about self-printed papers, thanks.)

With the two tall, unconnected walls, is it flimsy? If so, does that worry you or do you just have to be careful with it when it's off the layout?

Edited by Harlequin

It's beautiful. Just the right amount of grime and lichens on the roof tiles. (And UV varnish answers one of my questions about self-printed papers, thanks.)

With the two tall, unconnected walls, is it flimsy? If so, does that worry you or do you just have to be careful with it when it's off the layout?

Thanks

This is the varnish I used

post-8925-0-47559600-1520939500_thumb.jpg

Nope, it is very sturdy as each wall layer is 1.5mm greyboard.

The main wall with the windows in is two layers one for the outside and one for the inside with the Scalelink windows sandwiched between.

Engine shed this time.

This was the first building I built using just card and brick papers

Complicated to build because of the brick on edge detail that I wanted to included so it was done in layers.

attachicon.gifES1.jpg

attachicon.gifES2.jpg

attachicon.gifES3.jpg

attachicon.gifES4.jpg

attachicon.gifES5.jpg

attachicon.gifES6.jpg

This was the building referred to very early on in this topic where I had used compatible inks and they proved to be less colour fast than the manufacturer ones.

The UV varnish I applied does appear to have arrested any further visible deterioration but only time will tell......

And a real Masterclass Kevin, stunning.

Hi All, The post I put on here for Locos for Sale should have gone on my Kings Moreton, no wonder I couldn't find it after posting. Sorry Kevin for any inconvenience, it is now removed.

Andy :no:

Hi All, The post I put on here for Locos for Sale should have gone on my Kings Moreton, no wonder I couldn't find it after posting. Sorry Kevin for any inconvenience, it is now removed.

Andy :no:

Ahhhh, that explains it.

I thought I haven't got a large loco like that with one of those water things behind.

Plan to get one, one day, but non working like a Hall or Castle to sit on the main line.....

• RMweb Gold

Reins, load, people and wording.......

Well that's the current plan!

The horses have put in a request for nosebags while they wait for loading over lunchtime. As always captivating pictures of your work.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The horses have put in a request for nosebags while they wait for loading over lunchtime. As always captivating pictures of your work.

Will there be a lad with a bucket and shovel as well ?

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Treetops of Little Muddle.......

Peaceful day as Ken climbed to the top of a large tree to get this picture!

attachicon.gif1229.jpg

Not sure where he placed his tripod for this........

Mine was standing it's feet in the stream!!!

He then moved to a safer area on the end the platform.

attachicon.gif1228.jpg

No idea what those two chaps are so engrossed in but they have been sitting there for a while - chatting away.

Must put some more ash around the signal wire cover....

As I have said before, funny what you see in a picture that you don't notice normally.

On the last picture, if you scroll fast enough, it looks like a real place. It's that good.

Having just read the whole thread from the beginning, WOW!!!

Simply pure inspiration. Thank you.

No wonder you didn't post until nearly 4am!  I can quite understand though - compelling stuff, isn't it?!

Steve.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Looking good... The one under the baseboard works particularly well.

I always like to see the ground or little person's eye level viewpoint - does improve the realism (not that that is lacking on this layout !!)