Little Muddle

KNP

Now for Little Muddle Station.

This was an early build entirely out of plastic....

Roof -  Wills slates.

Walls - plain sheet with microstrip boards, boarding drawn on in pencil.

The two covered heater vents are in fact GWR name board posts

Signs are framed with postcard cut to form a frame around.

post-8925-0-84927300-1521546440_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-98668400-1521546449_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-20861700-1521546460_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-39724800-1521546470_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-31475500-1521546482_thumb.jpg

And from the archives of Little Muddle Museum!

post-8925-0-46811500-1521546492_thumb.jpg

Dec '08

post-8925-0-34115800-1521546501_thumb.jpg

work in progress

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Now for Little Muddle Station.

This was an early build entirely out of plastic....

Roof -  Wills slates.

Walls - plain sheet with microstrip boards, boarding drawn on in pencil.

The two covered heater vents are in fact GWR name board posts

Signs are framed with postcard cut to form a frame around.

attachicon.gifLMS1.jpg

attachicon.gifLMS2.jpg

attachicon.gifLMS3.jpg

attachicon.gifLMS4.jpg

attachicon.gifLMS5.jpg

And from the archives of Little Muddle Museum!

attachicon.gifP1080551.JPG

Dec '08

attachicon.gifIMG_0279.JPG

work in progress

That’s a really neat build in plasticard. What adhesive did you use to attach the microstrip timbers to avoid the dreaded plasticard warp? As you built it e long time ago you seem to have avoided any distortion.

That’s a really neat build in plasticard. What adhesive did you use to attach the microstrip timbers to avoid the dreaded plasticard warp? As you built it e long time ago you seem to have avoided any distortion.

Thanks

Any make of liquid poly, currently Humbrol as that is what our local toy shop sells!!

There is some minor twisting especially to the toilet block extension otherwise it's fine.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1

Better than the REAL THING Kevin, superb detail mate.

Thanks, especially when you think this is over 8years old now!!!!

The next building will probably be the one most want to see as this is the one I've had more questions and comments about - the Creamery.

but that will be next week as it's still on the layout,

off to the London Festival at the Palace on Saturday so no work on the layout that day.

Anybody else going?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, especially when you think this is over 8years old now!!!!

The next building will probably be the one most want to see as this is the one I've had more questions and comments about - the Creamery.

but that will be next week as it's still on the layout,

off to the London Festival at the Palace on Saturday so no work on the layout that day.

Anybody else going?

There is talk on another thread of an RMweb meet at 12.00 by the Gaugemaster stand for the info of any who are going (presumably applies both days).

Had a good day at Ally Pally.

Called in at the BRM stand, had a chat with the team, all very pleasant.

Got scanned at the Modelu stand so I will be appearing on my own layout in due course.

And the most astounding piece of news from the day.......

The motive power fleet for Little Muddle has increased by one locomotive.

attachicon.gifIMG_3847.JPG

A different type of loco for this layout as not one of the normal main line types.

Seen as straight out the box, this will be non working static model so I have removed the motor and connections so hopefully it will not interfere with the DCC operation.

Old Jimmy doesn't seem to impressed but I have my first GWR tender loco

It will be weathered and it's appearance further improved.

I look forward to seeing how this loco will turn out!

The mogul is too clean Kev ! What did you wear when Alan scanned you as it sounds a bit of fun.

Agreed, it's sitting on the layout at the moment looking rather out of place!

What did I wear, just my normal day to day outfit which will be cleverly painted to look in period - or does that indicate my clothes are outdated.....??

I did a jaunty little pose that was most fetching which looked good on Alan's computer and I should see the finished model in 3 to 4 weeks.

Then I will appear on here as the finished article.......

The only thing I am kicking myself about, I brought the loco towards the end of the visit and should have gone back to him to get some crew for it!!!!!!!

By the time I realised we where on the North Circular homeward bound....... 

Edited by KNP

Excellent new Stock Kevin, you must be well CHUFFED, hahah :sungum:

I am indeed - CHUFFED..

Now I've toned the colour down and removed the 'model train' effect of the shining bits to the wheels/motion it beginning to look the part.

Just compare the two before and after pictures to see how a few tweaks can change something's appearance.

Wasn't what I was looking for, had in mind one of the well known locos - Hall/Manor/Castle that sort of thing and then I saw this on a small trade stand complete with monogram logo and the rest - as they say - was history.

Had to check it was in period first, I know what you lot can be if I had used a wrong one....!!!!!

• Like 4

Flat, green areas, cleaned with a cotton wool bud with the aid of a little bit of T cut.

Then everything sprayed with 4 thin coats of Dullcote.

Sun was out and reasonably warm so I worked outside using the bins as a work surface and left 43xx sunning itself for a few hours before handling, turning occasionally.

post-8925-0-86804700-1522069130_thumb.jpg

You will notice the turntable I use for painting, you would be correct in thinking that looks like a cake decorating stand.

Obtained from Lakeland it makes a simple, cheap and easily cleaned painting aid...

Edited by KNP
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to seeing the scanned you on your layout. I've read a couple of times about them doing this at shows, I'd do the same if I could, maybe one day! I also have lost track of the number of times you leave a show and then think about all the things should should have bought! Maybe the loco will need to sit idle until the version of you is ready and you can order them all at the same time.

The Mogul is looking very smart, or dirty, depending on your point of view. I have to mention that I also have the same cake table, I had to buy the misses one as she complained that mine was a little too covered in grey primer!

• Like 2

He buys it in bulk I understand, so there should be enough to go around.

Picture came out well and it was just taken on my iPhone, faded the edges to hid what wasn't in focus, sharpened the clarity and there we are.

It does highlight that perhaps, one day i ought to think of some suitable coaches to go with it!!!!!

Must finish the suburban B set but this loco came along and I got side tracked?

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1

After a bit of arm twisting I got Ken Dobettar to take some shots of 5355 at his favorite site which in the siding by the harbour.

How he got the loco there or turned it around is still a 'mystery'......

post-8925-0-54383200-1522146930_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-12638300-1522146942_thumb.jpg

Left it to dry thoroughly, a few areas that need a bit more attention but all in all came up rather well.

Modelu crew has been obtained and waiting for collection from my friend Andrew 'up north' who has a local stockists nearby.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

As this is a static model, would it be possible to close the gap between the loco & tender ?

Also, will you be fitting water troughs to the Little Muddle branch line?

Edited by Stubby47

As this is a static model, would it be possible to close the gap between the loco & tender ?

Also, will you be fitting water troughs to the Little Muddle branch line?

Good idea, it's as per the model with a plastic hook at the moment.......

It will spend most of it's time on the main line as I think I saw a water trough to the right, just out of view, you know.....just over there by the cutting!!!!

• Like 4

When I shortened the gap between lock and gender I cut off the hook,drilled a hole get close to where it had been and glued some brass for to make a new hook, it worked a treat and Mine was a working loco. When I get on the computer I'll post some photos.

Found them (the photos that is. This was on my Mogul, A very simple mod it took less than five minutes. I did it on my Collett goods as well as my two moguls and Manor

original hook

post-7090-0-94808700-1522155107_thumb.jpg

new hook

post-7090-0-53021600-1522155148_thumb.jpg

old spacing

post-7090-0-18515200-1522155172_thumb.jpg

new spacing

post-7090-0-11423500-1522155199_thumb.jpg

Edited by westerner
  • Like 15