Stone train derailment - Westbury to Castle Cary line

Hi All

Can anybody  tell me the number of the crane that came from Springs Branch, Wigan please.

T.I.A.

emte

OTP website shows as96710

Stadman

Thank You so very much, I was more interested in the three coachs that I read off, that I missed the crane.

Thanks

emte

I read from otpnet as 96713 and this can be read on jib as per attached photo.

Note the guard rails that have been added to the match wagon(s) further to a recent review under the Working at Height Regulations.

The four number Network Rail Cowans Sheldon telescopic cranes are maintained at Springs Branch Wigan and normally kept there; though one can often be found at Bescot.

This reference shows 96713 at Basingstoke on its return journey and indicates the guard rails added to both match wagons.
SIsUKTrainPix
https://sisuktrainpix.smugmug.com/
ADRC96713 Basingstoke 24/03/17 in the consist of 6V27

The Balfour Beatty Kirow was 81611 and it, for a contractors crane, most unusually actually did do some recovery work.

It is possible its support wagons ( and those of similar cranes with other contractors ) may also acquire guard rails similar to those applied to the support wagons of Network Rails 2016 delivered Kirow 1200.

post-31580-0-06828600-1490538271_thumb.jpgpost-31580-0-71861700-1490538359_thumb.jpg

( photos courtesy Richard Pelham )

I read from otpnet as 96713 and this can be read on jib as per attached photo.

Note the guard rails that have been added to the match wagon(s) further to a recent review under the Working at Height Regulations.

The four number Network Rail Cowans Sheldon telescopic cranes are maintained at Springs Branch Wigan and normally kept there; though one can often be found at Bescot.

This reference shows 96713 at Basingstoke on its return journey and indicates the guard rails added to both match wagons.

SIsUKTrainPix

https://sisuktrainpix.smugmug.com/

ADRC96713 Basingstoke 24/03/17 in the consist of 6V27

The Balfour Beatty Kirow was 81611 and it, for a contractors crane, most unusually actually did do some recovery work.

It is possible its support wagons ( and those of similar cranes with other contractors ) may also acquire guard rails similar to those applied to the support wagons of Network Rails 2016 delivered Kirow 1200.

attachicon.gifADRC 96713 Cowans Sheldon 1977 lifting East Somerset Jnc.JPGattachicon.gif81611 Kirow 1200 r.jpg

( photos courtesy Richard Pelham )

Must have misread, sorry.

Hi  All

Since My request for the number of  the Springs Branch crane I am now confused ,as it appears there was two cranes that went to the de-railment.

Let me explain, I was at Milton Keynes Central on Tuesday 21st when a D.B.C,66 passed with a crane and three N.R.yellow mk.1 coachs as I said, I read off

the coachs but forgot the 66 and the crane, can anybody identify which crane it was, and perhaps the 66

T.I.A.

EMTE

• RMweb Gold

Hi  All

Since My request for the number of  the Springs Branch crane I am now confused ,as it appears there was two cranes that went to the de-railment.

Let me explain, I was at Milton Keynes Central on Tuesday 21st when a D.B.C,66 passed with a crane and three N.R.yellow mk.1 coachs as I said, I read off

the coachs but forgot the 66 and the crane, can anybody identify which crane it was, and perhaps the 66

T.I.A.

EMTE

Think it may have been the crane and coaches from Bescot - they were all stabled at the Tame Bridge end of the yard this morning (they usually live by the side of the depot).

Thanks, will try and find out what the numbers are.

emte

It was definitely ADRC96713.

As per the posts upthread where it was seen on 6V27. To get back to base it did 6O41 Westbury - Eastleigh, 6V27 Eastleigh - Hinksey then will have gone north from there.

Jo

Thanks to everybody for their imput  re. the crane.

emte

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to be pedantic, but they are weight relieving bogies. The 75 tonne cranes don't need match wagons.

• 2 weeks later...

That's not really a "these days" thing though, the old "parliamentary train" where it's cheaper to run the minimum service than go through the hassle of removing it has been around for a long time (at least that's what I believe the situation is, could it also be a needed positioning move in any case, making the case for formal withdrawal even weaker). The line itself must get used by quite a bit else though, one train a week and I'd expect it to look rather rustier most times I've been past.

it has a fair few freights through in a day and also has local and long distance stock movements. it is also the only route at the moment where trains can run south to west and vice versa without a turnbank or change of ends in manchester somewhere.

it has a fair few freights through in a day and also has local and long distance stock movements. it is also the only route at the moment where trains can run south to west and vice versa without a turnbank or change of ends in manchester somewhere.

Also some fairly convoluted routes such as Peak District to Bredbury via Stockport and Guide Bridge (presume either to allow engineering access to the direct route or to get into the Bredbury terminal without reversing). 

Archived