The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

Here's the facade of the former Necropolis station, now offices, not looking at its best.

post-11812-0-48573100-1492548090_thumb.jpg

and a view down the entrance from the road for hearses.  A few modern additions but still largely as it was.

post-11812-0-66210500-1492547817_thumb.jpg

Photos September 1st 2016.

Next  -  railway scene including power station cooling tower(s).

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Here's the facade of the former Necropolis station, now offices, not looking at its best.

attachicon.gifIM000968.JPG

and a view down the entrance from the road for hearses.  A few modern additions but still largely as it was.

attachicon.gifIM000970.JPG

Photos September 1st 2016.

Next  -  railway scene including power station cooling tower(s).

Bet you never thought you would get an opportunity to use these photos!

Bet you never thought you would get an opportunity to use these photos!

Quite the opposite  -  never any doubt about it  -  just a matter of timing.

They say that everything comes to he who waits  .  .  .  .

(insert smiley-face thingy here!)

To be honest, I have to say that as I was taking them I did wonder why I was doing it!

Mind you, I would love to get through that wrought iron(?) gateway & round the corner at the end of the tiled passageway just for the chance to have a rummage around what's still left.  The inside of the building could be quite interesting as well, depending how much of the original still remains.

One more call for gas works photos I think and if it's not answered in a few hours we'll be onto another wildcard.

OK, wildcard from me.

DMU with semaphores:

post-1525-0-39335300-1492703373_thumb.jpg

Next please, an electric loco with semaphores.

You didn't say British - so here's a type E44 electric with an array of semaphore starter signals at Leipzig in 1978.

post-10122-0-49696600-1492707900_thumb.jpg

Curved ball time - the next one will have a link to Aussie Rules (but not necessarily an Australian subject).  So it may be an engine built by any of the Hawthorn factories, a locomotive named "Collingwood", something at Carlton Colville/Oulton Broad South- I think you get the picture (and when you do - please post it!)

• Like 2

Yes, I didn't include West Coast (Eagles) in my examples as I thought that would be easiest to satisfy!  Rather curious picture - the boys in the bottom corner look like a hand-tinted monochrome picture.

Firmly in what I would regard as my sphere of interest, I have very little from Newmarket - the horsing capital.  Here's a shot while passing through the station in 1975.

post-10122-0-02599400-1492717539_thumb.jpg

Staying with that theme - a loco named after a horse.

• RMweb Gold

Here's one I took - they are not all Dad's - SMR no3 Wyddfa approaching Clogwyn from Summit Station 1992. We had to sit on our train just below Summit station for quite a time, while an air-sea rescue Sea King came in to pick up a walker, who had collapsed on the track while seeking help. He didn't survive unfortunately.

post-14351-0-04665100-1492724889_thumb.jpg

I have currently got a spot of gum disease, but would really like a beer, which would not be good idea, so instead can I see a brewery railway or a train clearly carrying booze (not in silly little bottles on a skinny trolley!)

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 2

A trainload of kegs being shunted by CIE 218 at the Guinness Brewery sidings, near Kingsbridge (Heuston) Dublin in 1986.

post-10122-0-47588200-1492760424_thumb.jpg

post-10122-0-16679300-1492760779_thumb.jpg

The next one will be of a truncated line - a train at a former through station that is now only a terminus.

Edited by EddieB
  • Like 5