Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

a couple of trains on bridges, the first is an obvious one...

16742247787_ed3cd0a8ac_c.jpg

and this is Montrose bridge... I'll wait to see if anyone can pick up what's wrong with the photo....

16923813756_761251cafb_c.jpg

and it's not that the bridge looks to be on a slope... because it really is!

16742409287_6d6791f939_c.jpg

• Like 2

and this is Montrose bridge... I'll wait to see if anyone can pick up what's wrong with the photo....

16923813756_761251cafb_c.jpg

Exhaustive research on Google Streetview shows that the line is single track, so two trains on the bridge could be rather dangerous!. I suspect it's a panorama stitched together, and it's just one train, as it looks as if it would be difficult to get that view in one shot from the road bridge it was obviously taken from.

Do I win a prize?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A couple of late Scottish pics from 2104 without a train in sight.

But there is a bus on the bridge above Edinburgfh Waverley

post-408-0-35565200-1506900895_thumb.jpg

And there will be some railborne vehicles along soon on Princes Street.

post-408-0-68477900-1506900894_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Exhaustive research on Google Streetview shows that the line is single track, so two trains on the bridge could be rather dangerous!. I suspect it's a panorama stitched together, and it's just one train, as it looks as if it would be difficult to get that view in one shot from the road bridge it was obviously taken from.

Do I win a prize?

You can see the join just to the left of the RH train.

Keith

Do I win a prize?

Currently getting a makover....

http://www.railtechnologymagazine.com/rail-news/nr-starts-42m-refurb-of-134-year-old-south-esk-viaduct

Do I win a prize?

hehe, that's the one, tis the same train in two places on the same bridge (as you said, a single tracked bridge) :)

apart from forum kudos...??

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'll throw in a bit of an off-beat one.

One of the last remnants of the Pentewan Dock & Concrete Co Railway, seen here near to the shoreline in 1986.

It was a 2'6" gauge line which operated from 1939 to 1966. 

post-9767-0-49495300-1506983827.jpg

It used part of the trackbed of the earlier Pentewan Railway which dated from 1829 and was built to carry clay from St Austell to the port. At its height it carried 45000 tons of clay in a year, but silting of the basin and building of other lines in the early 20th century led to its rapid decline. It closed in 1918 and was lifted shortly after.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Cornwall.....

I don'tr get down there too often, but here's a 221 Voyager with a Glasgow Central bound service, when we took Blackmill to the Truro exhibition in 2009

post-408-0-80087100-1506985971_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1