RMweb

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

[The Stesamport Southport loco...]

Not many photographs for a preserved loco - it appears to be "TREVITHICK", 0-4-0DE built by Ruston Hornsby (w/n 418598 of 2957), coming from ICI, Tunstead (Derbyshire), running no. RS 142.  The loco disappeared between 1982 and 1985, but I don't know its fate.

(There may be some confusion as it appears that the name "TREVITHICK" was also associated or listed with Thomas Hill w/n 123V "SEFTON").

Edit: Just to add that the locomotive was RH model 165DE, but the superstructure (bonnets and cab) were extensively rebuilt by ICI, so as to be unrecognisable from the original state.

Edited by EddieB

• RMweb Gold

I have featured this little Unimog shunter before, but not from this angle I think, rolling through Newhaven Harbour station with wagon loads of waste ballast from trackworks between there and Newhaven Town station. 23.3.2013

post-14351-0-09439900-1537636798_thumb.jpg

More yellow locos please

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

As promised, last nights unusual train from Platform 20..

The 1930 London Waterloo - Blackpool North, via Wembley Yard, Basford Hall & Preston Down Goods arriving at Blackpool North platform 2 around 8 minutes early, just before 1am, hauled initially by DC power from 92033 switching to AC for the rest of the journey, first time 92033 has seen 3rd rail in a decade or more, first AC electric loco to Blackpool, and afaik the first 73 hauled passenger in Blackpool.

The return was an equally interesting 73141 and 73107 at a little more pedestrian pace than our outward bound.

I bailed at preston, preferring an overnight at Preston (I last did this 30 years ago) to watch the nocturnal movements, which included a 60 minute delay for 1S26 due to the driver being 1 hour late southbound, who then took his 45 minute rest break, during which the entire time the route was set to Green ready for its eventual departure... imagine that on the WCML..

Unfortunately it came to grief with a tree 2 near Lockerbie and required rescue.

Other interesting moves included a DRS freight with a 66/4 + 37425, double headed 86’s, 90’s and the Sheildmuir mail expiring at Warrington 580 minutes late.

I took the 0558 back to London, thoroughly knackered, would I do it again.. Absolutely.

Unusual + Yellow...

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 8

UP 9014, in the middle of a light engine sandwich, Cotula TX, February 1996.

post-10122-0-06935500-1537737378_thumb.jpg

The locomotive is a GE C30-7 - a derivation of the earlier U30C type "Universal" locomotive.  Which raises the question - as some GE "Universal" Bo-Bo types were nicknamed "U Boats" - would a Union Pacific "U Boat" be a Yellow Submarine?

Time for a colour change?  How about something on rails, powered and white?

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...