Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

On 25/10/2023 at 22:05, John M Upton said:

It will never run on the national network again, at best it will make 20 mph on the EKR, probably being shoved by a diesel.  It was by far and away the worst one of the lot in terms of driving and reliability.  It was only the fancy paint job that saved it.

Someone enthusiastically  said to me just before they were retired, they were really great, my response was, you don't have to drive the festering pile of scrap....

Sadly I have the same with our HSTs. Put folk in the cabs and they’ll soon see what we have to put up with. 

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

That should have the Pot Noodle enthusiasts suddenly pop up and follow its every move, demanding it be preserved until they are asked to stick their hands in their pockets to pay for it, which is when they will mysteriously disappear again...

Edited by John M Upton
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium

Yep, they all appeared when the 313's were on the way out, lots of noise all over social media, etc.  As soon as the last one was retired, they promptly started to disappear again and when they were asked to put their hands in their pockets to stump up the eye watering  two and a half grand a month just to park up the infamous blue rust bucket, they vanished completely.

Edited by John M Upton
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, eastwestdivide said:

507 preservation group, inaugural meeting 23 Nov 2023:

https://www.class507.org.uk

They might have to change unit now though. I've heard it's going to a new multi million pound transport museum in Birkenhead along with some of the items from Liverpool Museum such as Cecil Raikes.

Not personally involved with the 507 group, but it's some of the same people who saved the 502 and have done a lot of restoration work on it. I had a brief chat with one of them at Rainhill last week and at other times in the past. They seem to know what they are doing.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 01/12/2023 at 16:45, Steamport Southport said:

Not a photo but couldn't find a relevant thread.

How about this 2Y09 at Port Sunlight today.

”Oh dear, it’s only a three car” was my reaction when I saw the departure board . . .

IMG_2094.jpeg.9c8bf17406ea1e5ccbd13647986251d5.jpeg

Its very smart, and they’ve done their best with the interior too.

Paul.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Unusual working this cold and very wet evening. Engineering works north of Pulborough all weekend means an extra train down the valley and the three car from the days Bognor/Littlehampton shuttles was used.

377304 seen waiting for the off at Pulborough in the pouring rain!

Southern Class 377/3 377304 Pulborough 3/12/23
  • Like 15

18 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

How about this 2Y09 at Port Sunlight today.

”Oh dear, it’s only a three car” was my reaction when I saw the departure board . . .

IMG_2094.jpeg.9c8bf17406ea1e5ccbd13647986251d5.jpeg

Its very smart, and they’ve done their best with the interior too.

Paul.

No photos, but the two I got yesterday were extremely scruffy unfortunately. 

Thankfully going to Birkenhead I managed to miss a Class 777!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

A very wet and ironically named Port Sunlight sees Merseyrail 507018 depart towards Liverpool. Sorry about the lamppost, but I was getting wet enough as it was with one arm out of the canopy!

507018_Port_Sunlight_09122023

Not long now for these 40+ year old BR design EMUs.

Edited by rodent279
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

For those who may be interested, there's a report in another forum that there are tentative paths in the schedule on Thursday (13th) and Friday (14th) this week for a trip in passenger service with the 701 units from London Waterloo to Windsor and return.

2U91 1025 Waterloo to Windsor (1119) and
2U92 1130 Windsor to Waterloo (1228)

Calling at normal Windsor line stops.

Associated empty stock paths are also in the schedule as follows;

5U91 0953 Wimbledon Park Depot Sidings to London Waterloo (10.13)

5Y89 1240 London Waterloo to Wimbledon Park Depot Sidings (1325)

Information given in good faith, so the usual caveats apply.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Perhaps this is one for 'When a real train looks like a model' Look at that curve - the effect of a telephoto lens. Taken from the new Newhaven Port Access Bridge 1+ miles away.377 304 Tidemills 9 1 2024.jpg

This was 377 316 at Newhaven Town crossing 9.1.2024. The waffle is because the pic was going into an environmental thread in my photo-sharing website.

All electric - maybe 377 316 at Newhaven 9 1 2024.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

IMG_1705.jpeg.1413f66e3382e40084125533d540c3e7.jpeg

Victoria this afternoon.

The train forming the 14.16 Littlehampton service arrives 22 mins late.  Departed at 14.36 and now terminating at West Worthing.  

Fortunately that’s my station.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 11