DEMU Showcase 2010

PeteScR

Thanks to all that have posted photos as I usually go but couldn't this year as I became a Dad for the first time a week before DEMU and therefore couldn't get to go, looks like a really good show this year. Getting better every year too by the looks of things.

I can only echo what everyone else has said

DEMU was simply fab! It was my first time at the showcase,

and I'm definately going back next year - if other shows were only half this good,

they'd all be worth attending!

Thanks to all those who dropped by the layout for a chat.

My throat is still sore from all the talking, but theres no better conversation than trains + model trains!

Well done to Pete + the other organisers

Cheers all :D

Marc

........................, patience and understanding! biggrin.gif

Pete

And you yours, I am not sure I admitted that it was one of my transformers deciding to meltdown that tripped the electrics at 3.59pm on Sunday - sorry!

Imagine what would have happened to my layout and others had that happened at 9:59am on Saturday........................phew!

• RMweb Gold

Really like the look of the Scale 7 layout (Little Severn wharf?)

Does anyone know if it has been published or are there any other photos of it?...

TIA

Pete

I read elsewhere that painted versions of the Farish Mk1s were on show. Did anyone get any pics?

Only the one despite there being several liveries and variants.

Mk1a.jpg

Click to enlarge.

post-1-127662262752_thumb.jpg

Don't know if it's just the light, but the livery colour rendition looks pretty good to me compared with recent 4mm offerings.

And you yours, I am not sure I admitted that it was one of my transformers deciding to meltdown that tripped the electrics at 3.59pm on Sunday - sorry!

Imagine what would have happened to my layout and others had that happened at 9:59am on Saturday........................phew!

That explains the slightly premature power loss we had on Harton Gill just as I was about to run the blue electric and some wagons onto a cassette for ease of removal. It's difficult to get the electric locos off from under the overhead wiring.

• RMweb Premium

We had a great time on Diesels in the Duchy. Thanks to the organisers for sorting everything out so well, particularly the cracking Sunday lunch - I didn't have tea when i got home!

Lots of RMweb folk came to talk to us through the weekend and the response to Damian's layout was great. Amazing the distance some people travelled, and how many remember the real st Blazey. It's only our 2nd show with the layout and we're still learning its ropes but it's turned out to be a very interesting layout to operate.

Smashing, carry on!

PS who ordered the rain for 3.30pm onwards on the Sunday??

PPS I did wonder why the power suddenly died just before 4!

:lol: I was totally unaware of that until you mentioned it, great timing!

I suppose by that time layouts were getting prepared for breakdown anyway.

Pete

To answer a question posted by Diflock in this thread yesterday, there are some photos of "Bee Lane" at DEMU Showcase (and other layouts) posted by Steve Boley on his website.

http://www.stroleycentral.co.uk/layoutsbeelane.htm

Hopefully these give you a feel for what you missed.

We had a great weekend exhibiting and operating Bee Lane and would like to thank Pete and all the other organisers for providing such a good setting and friendly show.

Cheers

Jeremy

post-1-127662262752_thumb.jpg

Click to enlarge.

Many thanks Andy for the usual superb pic. They look very good. If the SR versions are reasonably accurate colourwise, I'm going to have to sort out a long-term payment plan ;)

• RMweb Gold

:lol: I was totally unaware of that until you mentioned it, great timing!

I suppose by that time layouts were getting prepared for breakdown anyway.

Pete

I think we had one move to complete on Bawdsey when the power died, just to get the last

of the banana vans into the fiddleyard.

That explains the slightly premature power loss we had on Harton Gill just as I was about to run the blue electric and some wagons onto a cassette for ease of removal. It's difficult to get the electric locos off from under the overhead wiring.

Sorry Robert, I can imagine that is a bind.........

On a more serious note, this is the second Gaugemaster transformer that I have melted in about 2 years. I appreciate that they are on for the whole day without respite, but they shouldn't go like that in my view. Has anybody else had a similar experience?

I understand that Shawplan had more on offer at the show - did anyone catch sight of these? I realise that it possibly just more bits, to some, but I've just seen the class 55 bits mentioned in Rail Express! Must phone Brian!

I understand that Shawplan had more on offer at the show - did anyone catch sight of these? I realise that it possibly just more bits, to some, but I've just seen the class 55 bits mentioned in Rail Express! Must phone Brian!

Yes - lots and and lots and lots of new bits and work in progress to show - works plates, sand box fillers bogie details , wipers- too much to recall - If you give him a call im sure you wont be dissapointed!

tfn

Jon

The "Extreme Etchings" range has indeed expanded into the Deltic details and kits and these were indeed for sale at DEMU Showcase. There are other detail parts both for sale now and in work for other classes of loco so expect to see The Extreme Etchings range continue to grow. "Laserglaze" is another range that is expanding and the Class 08 prototype glazing was on show and looks superb. Another range which greatly enhances the look of the loco.

Watch out for other interesting developments within the Shawplan range of products by the time the exhibition season starts again or via the ads in Rail Express Modeller etc

If you call Brian I am sure he can sort out whatever you need.

Pete

Jon and Pete, The 55 bits have been a long time coming. Brian did say that he was getting other bits finished first, but was kind enough to let me have one of his earlier spare 55 etch sheets a few months ago (splendid chap) and this was put to good use... and this seriously whetted the appetite. I'll drop him a line and give him a call. Some more 55 work ahead me thinks ! The bits always did look good - although replacing the roof grills may be a little ambitious for my novice standing.

Thanks... both!

• 5 months later...

Great pic's

i'm looking to build an album of my Layout 'Diesels in the Duchy@

any chance of 'borrowing some of your pics?

I cannot believe you have just copied 53 pictures into this post just to ask the above. This has taken an absolute age to down load and there is no need whatsoever for it. This was subject to a thread recently when we had cause to remove posts that contained quotes including video and pictures taking up time and space for people viewing threads. See here.

Archived