DEMU Showcase 2010

PeteScR

DEMU Showcase 2010

12th and 13th June 2010.

For up to date information please refer to the website

http://www.demu.org.uk/showcase.htm

We are adding layouts societies and traders over the next few weeks so keep watching!

Note for 2010:

The date has been moved one week from our traditional slot due to uncertainties in the area over the British Grand Prix.

Prices have been held at 2008 levels yet again, but..... for 2010 DEMU MEMBERS GET FREE ADMISSION !!!!

We had great feedback last year following our move to Bretby and hope 2010 can at least match that success

All enquiries regarding the event should be directed to showase@demu.org.uk

Pete Degnan

DEMU Showcase Exhibition Manager

showcase@demu.org.uk

Just to remind you that the DEMU Showcase 2010 website has been updated with the latest line up for the event. We have added more layouts, demos and society guests.

There are still some more updates to come regarding layouts and traders and we will post these when confirmed.

Thanks

Pete Degnan

showcase@demu.org.uk

• 6 months later...

With just over 7 weeks to go until DEMU Showcase, its time for an update.

Check out our website http://www.demu.org.uk/showcase.htm as there have been some changes to the layout line up over the past few months for various reasons, but we still have a first class line up of British D&E layouts for our visitors to enjoy.

Included in the revised layout line up will be a 22ft section of Jim Smith-Wright's "Birmingham New Street". This will take the form of a demonstration of how far the project has come and given the interest that Jim's layout has generated on RMWeb we hope you can manage to come along and see it at first hand.

As in past years we will be having our friends from Dapol, Hornby and Bachmann at the show to meet with modellers and discuss their future plans etc. You may recall last year that Hornby chose DEMU Showcase to launch their DVT. This year (so far) we have been informed by Dapol that they have two pieces of news, possibly three to reveal at Showcase.

We have extended the range of demos this year and we will also have a good spread of societies represented. The DEMU Zone is back of course so if you ever wanted to chat about the society, forum, area groups, merchandise or other membership benefits this is a great opportunity. The sale of the societies publication "Update" will again be on offer.

Last but not least, entry to the show is free to all current DEMU members ON PRESENTATION OF A VALID MEMBERSHIP CARD!

If you join DEMU at the show, you can have your Adult entry fee refunded on the day.

If you have any questions you can contact us on showcase@demu.org.uk

Cheers

Pete Degnan

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP BUMP :)

Only 3 weeks to go now until DEMU Showcase.

Don't forget to keep up to date with developments (see posts on this thread) or check out our website www.demu.org.uk/showcase.htm

Our prize draw will be taking place as usual with a free entry ticket included with every £1 Showguide. Additional tickets are available at £1 each. There will be the usual line up of excellent prizes including limited edition wagons, books, and other such goodies.

Cheers

Pete Degnan

Exhibition Manager

showcase@demu.org.uk

• RMweb Gold

I shall be there helping to operate Harton Gill. There is the risk of a few steam locos appearing on the layout.

[tongue in cheek]

Steam locos?....<Sharp intake of breath>... not sure we can allow that.....wink.gif

[/tongue in cheek]

but I am looking forward to seeing all those lovely electric locos again smile.gif

Andi

I shall be there helping to operate Harton Gill. There is the risk of a few steam locos appearing on the layout.

:lol:

Absolutely no problem with that, just so long as the layout runs post 1955 and there is some diesel/electric traction on it too ;)

Pete

:lol:

Absolutely no problem with that, just so long as the layout runs post 1955 and there is some diesel/electric traction on it too ;)

Pete

It's certainly post-1955. Graham has been threatening to lay some third rail into the station. He has a model of one of the NER electrics that worked on the quayside line.

Steam, diesel and electric appear side-by-side. The layout's looking a bit crowded in this view, with BR and industrial diesel, BR and NCB steam and one of the two NCB electrics:

P1040288.jpg

Now less than 2 weeks to go, time for another bump!

Check out this month's modelling press for coverage of the run up to Showcase. One of our attending guests, Rail Express Modelling, has got some great coverage.

Dont forget to check out the website for all the latest line up details www.demu.org.uk/showcase.htm

Remember your Showguide, still only £1 and contains a free ticket for our prize draw. Other tickets available to purchase. The draw is made on the Sunday afternoon and prizes are sent out to winners not in attendance at the draw.

The prizes are shaping up once again to be top notch, like;

Years subs to "Model Rail"

£150 voucher to spend with Hornby

Class 150 Dynamis set from Bachmann

MBA and MCA weathered limited editions from Trainlines

And many more prizes....but remember, buy your Showguide at the door!

Pete Degnan

Exhibition Manager

I'll be there slapping paint mostly on wagons and the occasional locomotive, and boring anyone who comes too close :lol:

If you do want to have a chat about weathering techniques, come and say hello.

• RMweb Premium

Following confirmation that I can get the day off work I'll once again be making the journey down from Central Scotland for the show, leaving at around 5am againblink.gif

I make this my 5th visit, got the train down for the first couple but have driven down the last 2 years which gives more freedom to have a look around not worrying when you have to leave to get the train backbiggrin.gif

Looking forward to it immensely as usual, especially about getting to see P4 New Street in the flesh!

Cheers

Craig

• RMweb Gold

I'll be there slapping paint mostly on wagons and the occasional locomotive, and boring anyone who comes too close :lol:

If you do want to have a chat about weathering techniques, come and say hello.

... no worries - we'll put you right... seriously though 47 706 is still an inspiration.

PS mild panic - that was yours wasn't it? :blink: sorry if it wasn't - still your work's still cool :D

Really looking forward to this show. I will be helping to operate Allan Cromarty's excellent Oulton TMD.

Cracking layout with lots of DCC sound loco's from the early 90's.

If you haven't seen it before there are a couple of sneak previews in the Youtube clips below:

Experiment running light engine:

Crazy trains at the end of the Leamington show!!

Derek from Footplate (Kidderminster) is the operator who struggled with his driving!

Hope to see you at the show

Jeff

Guest jim s-w

Looking forward to it immensely as usual, especially about getting to see P4 New Street in the flesh!

Only a bit of it Craig - just this much

overview%202%20may%202010.jpg

Martin - are you planning to show us the hairspray weathering thing?

Also the Scalefour society stand will be doing re-wheeling demos at 11am and 3pm on the Saturday and 11am and 2.30pm on the Sunday.

Cheers

Jim

I'm going on Saturday - and will probably join up to DEMU on the day if it's possible?

Is it worth me bringing any stock down? Anyone on here happy to run it? Some of my OO stuff is 'finished' but not DCC (except my sound 37/4 Caerphilly Castle) - my P4 stuff is still a work in progress, I don't think the Pacer will be finished and the Sentinel is awaiting painting.

• RMweb Gold

I'm going on Saturday - and will probably join up to DEMU on the day if it's possible?

Is it worth me bringing any stock down? Some of my OO stuff is 'finished' - my P4 stuff is still a work in progress, I don't think the Pacer will be finished and the Sentinel is awaiting painting.

Hi James,

Instant Membership will be available at Showcase from the DEMU Zone.

If you do join DEMU at the show - you get your entry fee refunded!

The full range of back issues of the magazine - UPDate will also be available for members to buy at the show.

Our merchandise Officer will be only too pleased if she can sell you a T or Polo Shirt, Sweat Shirt or Mug once you join the Society!

See you at the show.....

Thanks

Archived