CARROG in 4mm & Ruabon discussion...

coachmann

Larry,

Knowing your prodigious work rate, bearing in mind you posted pictures of the coaches almost three hours ago, why haven't we seen pictures of the sprayed, lined and numbered coaches yet? :) :) :) :) 

Seriously I have nothing but admiration for the diversity and quality of your craftsmanship.

Dave 

• Like 2

Talking of brass work, Larry, I'm looking at doing a P2 conversion to a Bugatti nose version using Graeme Kings parts

The problem is it needs a full set of Walschaerts gear, for which he can supply the brass ridding etc, but this is way beyond my skills- is this something you could take on, or can you recommend someone?

I'm happy to do the plastic butchery and painting, but know my limits!

Tx

Peter

Talking of brass work, Larry, I'm looking at doing a P2 conversion to a Bugatti nose version using Graeme Kings parts

The problem is it needs a full set of Walschaerts gear, for which he can supply the brass ridding etc, but this is way beyond my skills- is this something you could take on, or can you recommend someone?

Hi Peter, To be honest, ten years out of the trade and I just don't know anyone to recommend.

Edited by coachmann

Local news hack, Ivor Canon, was up with the lark to capture new LMS coaches en route from Coachmann Works to Chester passing Carrog..... (click to enlarge)....

attachicon.gifWEB carriage delivery 1.jpg

I also see that the lamp post fairy has visited! ;)

Good to see that the brake vans have been provided so that the train has brakes! :)

• RMweb Premium

Tx

Peter

PM sent.

PM sent.

She will probably send Boris....

On another topic,  I cannot find it now, but I seem to remember Hornby had announced it would be releasing the revamped GWR 14XX 0-4-2T soon, possibly at an exhibition. Anyone have any clues?

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 1

She will probably send Boris....

On another topic,  I cannot find it now, but I seem to remember Hornby had announced it would be releasing the revamped GWR 14XX 0-4-2T soon, possibly at an exhibition. Anyone have any clues?

Yep, they're modelling our own 14xx no.1450, and the models will be available from certain traders at Warley, which coincidentally will have the real 1450 as the centrepiece exhibit.

Typical that I'm away for that weekend! :(

There's a version due out in the Railroad range soon. Don't know how revamped it will be.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/250953/Hornby_R3589_Class_48xx_0_4_2T_4837_in_GWR_green_Railroad_Range/StockDetail.aspx

Eric

Thanks Eric.

Visited Carrog on a lovely September day recently - good of them to keep the prototype so like your model!

Thanks for posting. I haven't been since June (time flies) and things look quite difference at the station approach. 

Work has stalled on the model mostly though getting back into the trading season. It gives me time to run a few trains occasionally while waiting for paint to dry and also decide how I am going to tackle the goods yard alterations. The finished job might still resemble Carrog, but if it doesn't, the layout could always carry a new name.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The Hornby version of 1450 is on their Engine Shed articles at the same time as the new lot of Pecketts.

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/news/the-engine-shed/the-engine-shed-is-60/

The artwork shot looks exactly the same as the Railroad version due out this year.

It is limited to 250 and only available at the Warley Show.

Eric

Edited by TheSignalEngineer

I am thinking of getting A Railroad 14XX....

I wonder if it will have a DCC socket? Hattons think not according to their listing.

The body will probably not have much in the way of upgrades....it is the chassis that will be of most interest I think.

Will it have NEM pockets?

A possible up-grade path for the many Airfix / Mainline/ Dapol models out there?

Hattons state November 2017 availability....

I think Hornby originally said October, but now also say November...

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/railroad-gwr-0-4-2t-4837-class-14xx.html

Edited by Sarahagain

The Hornby version of 1450 is on their Engine Shed articles at the same time as the new lot of Pecketts.

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/news/the-engine-shed/the-engine-shed-is-60/

The artwork shot looks exactly the same as the Railroad version due out this year.

It is limited to 250 and only available at the Warley Show.

Eric

That's where I must have seen them but my computer has archived the email but it ain't in my archives!

Hornby 'Halls' are going cheap just now just when I want one. Engraved plates were bought some weeks ago for a 'Grange' with a 4000 gallon Tender and a 'Hall' with an intermediate Tender, so the exchange could go ahead during the detailing. Both will be finished ex.works............... I blame Paul Ashton as well as the bloke with the Severn Valley thread....!

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 2

While admiring the 14XX limited edition for Warley loco I scrolled down to see the pre-production model of the Princess Coronation de-streamlined 46235.  Although no longer collecting OO gauge locos this is one that I may well go for.  No need for sound as it would probably stay in a display case.

I am glad you are not going to have the Hawksworth tender on your latest Hall - the balance doesn't seem quite right to me.

Morning Larry, I came on this morning to ask a question about the Coal Yard Track plan that I thought you posted yesterday, and to ask where the Road entrance would come in, but it see / or not see, it's now been removed. :O  Confused, did I dream it, :scared:

Morning Larry, I came on this morning to ask a question about the Coal Yard Track plan that I thought you posted yesterday, and to ask where the Road entrance would come in, but it see / or not see, it's now been removed. :O  Confused, did I dream it, :scared:

Hi Andy, As I have said before, I see my posts as passing conversations and delete them later on if the conversation doesn't widen. The road to the new yard would be beside the footpath down to the down platform. Today, there is a gate there into a hard standing in the field. The railway company is assumed to have purchased extra land off the owner in order to create an entrance to the coal yard. All I have to do is alter the existing land and dig piles to hold it back!  I have it all worked out my friend ha ha...

I have also given thought to a new name to replace Carrog. Carrog means fast flowing water or stream or river. Carrig means stone. Pont Carrig would be Stonebridge in English. I have also given thought to relocating the station onto a completely different GWR or Cambrian railway line that has some link with the LNWR.  My fertile mind never stops even though the modelling season is behind me for the present.

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 3

Others post tipped-out-of-box models, so here's another new addition to the stud. I'm a sucker for these Railroad Halls and a snip at the price.... Now where's me pin vice and handrail knobs....

post-6680-0-74832100-1506003850_thumb.jpg

Is it my imagination or are these locos in a darker than usual green....?

post-6680-0-11412500-1506003852_thumb.jpg

• Like 15