A forum area specifically and only for recording ideas and progress of individual's challenge entries in accordance with the challenge.

Ian,

Textedit on the Mac will open this. Hope that helps

Tom

Thanks, Tom.

It worked perfectly.

Thanks also to "Arthur" who sent me a copy of the form via email.

The plans are well afoot!

Ian

Edited by clecklewyke
  • Like 2

Just thought as these cameo layouts are quite small supporting them on a pair of mannequin legs may give added interest!

So that would put the layouts at waist level? :scratchhead:

Cheers,

David

• RMweb Gold

Not sure how many of the operators at the Warminster show this coming weekend will be in heels but if you have any questions regarding correct attire for Cameo operators this is the place to ask them. Mr Castens will be there with his Scale 1/32 hat on and Mr Rice will be discussing all things Cameo - including Trerice in static form populated by North Cornwall Minerals stock and numerous designs and original artwork from the book.

Full details here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/118457-mmrg-warminster-show-june-17-2017/

See some of you Saturday, Jerry

• Like 4

I hope this is the appropriate place to comment on the show. Great to see Trerice with some of the historical North Cornwall Mineral Railway stock as well as some other Cameo-presentation layouts at the show. Arun Quay's painted backscene was/is amazing and sets the standard for me to aim for. Horselunges is superb. Now that is theatrical presentation! Shelfie is a real eye-opener and should set minds ticking over. I could go on about the superb layouts on show - each had their high points for me and were a total inspiration.  The willingness of all the exhibitors in the various scales to share techniques and practical advice was particularly good. I really enjoyed the show and appreciate all the work (and distances travelled) by all the exhibitors and those working hard serving refreshments. I truly look forward to the next one - it will be worth waiting for. I particularly appreciated the  Bring and buy/Shelf queen stall - having it right next to the ticket office was perfect. Didn't have to put my money away before I saw the first of several bargains!  The show has helped me to focus on progressing my work on my own offering for the Cameo competition. Thanks to all who worked at making it such a memorable show. The Mendip Model Railway group did us proud!

Best wishes

Rich

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I hope this is the appropriate place to comment on the show. Great to see Trerice with some of the historical North Cornwall Mineral Railway stock as well as some other Cameo-presentation layouts at the show. Arun Quay's painted backscene was/is amazing and sets the standard for me to aim for. Horselunges is superb. Now that is theatrical presentation! Shelfie is a real eye-opener and should set minds ticking over. I could go on about the superb layouts on show - each had their high points for me and were a total inspiration.  The willingness of all the exhibitors in the various scales to share techniques and practical advice was particularly good. I really enjoyed the show and appreciate all the work (and distances travelled) by all the exhibitors and those working hard serving refreshments. I truly look forward to the next one - it will be worth waiting for. I particularly appreciated the  Bring and buy/Shelf queen stall - having it right next to the ticket office was perfect. Didn't have to put my money away before I saw the first of several bargains!  The show has helped me to focus on progressing my work on my own offering for the Cameo competition. Thanks to all who worked at making it such a memorable show. The Mendip Model Railway group did us proud!

Best wishes

Rich

Hi Rich

Thanks very much for your kind comments regarding the show. There is a complete thread on the show including lots of picture and a video of the days events here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/118457-mmrg-warminster-show-june-17-2017/

We will be doing it all again in a couple of years time,

Jerry

• Like 2

I have recently sent an entry form to Simon and will be starting a thread shortly, the layout will be called "Dewerstone", The Dewerstone is a large rock in the Plym Valley near Shaugh Bridge.

I have tasked Phil with the track plan, as the layout will be in EM and I don't get on with Templot, but Phil will knock something up in an hour or so I expect.

Steve.

Just sent in my application. "Eskdale Green" as it would have looked between 1875 and 1911. It was going to be an entry in to the Dave Brewer Challenge however it turns out that the station wasn't a halt as it had a public siding until 1911.

So its going to be modelled in 7mm NG 3ft gauge (0-21) and I'm going to produce all the stock ask kits so its easier for me to built it.

I intend to reproduce this photo

Marc

post-13539-0-74557400-1498036329_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Yes that's its original form before 1915-16 when it was rebuilt in to 15inch gauge. not sure what caused the wonky coach my guess it would be the track rather than the coach. 

Marc

So....after a little bit of deliberation, I have decided to throw my hat into the ring with Monk's Gate. Quite scary as I have never exhibited before (mainly because I've never built a layout before...!), but it was never intended to exhibit it either, thus it is rather heavy and cumbersome. However, here goes...!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

So....after a little bit of deliberation, I have decided to throw my hat into the ring with Monk's Gate. Quite scary as I have never exhibited before (mainly because I've never built a layout before...!), but it was never intended to exhibit it either, thus it is rather heavy and cumbersome. However, here goes...!

Bloody good show , Trickers. Welcome aboard !!!!

post-14122-0-10202600-1498382447.jpg

• Like 1

Okay.  I've bought the MRJ issue and the Iain Rice book (thank you Simon for the great service and fast overseas shipping).  Read both.  Scratched my head and did quite a bit of thinking.  Looked at the shoe commercial, agreed with its slogan "just do it" and sent in the entry form.   Will start the planning process for "Incom-FreiTek Maintenance Depot."  Not sure yet if it will be O9/On18 (1/48), O16.5/On30 (1/48) or OO9/HOn30 (1/72, 1/76).  Pretty much all depends on what donor chassis are available for the rolling stock.  My thought right now is for a small maintenance area for T-65s and T-70s.  

Will I have a chance at "winning"?  No way.  Will anyone have more fun than me in doing this?  Not a chance!  :no:

BTW: T-65 and T-70 are two versions of the X-wing fighter.  Yeah, should be fun!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yes that's its original form before 1915-16 when it was rebuilt in to 15inch gauge. not sure what caused the wonky coach my guess it would be the track rather than the coach. 

Marc

I did not know it had a passenger service in its original form although should have guessed from the platform and building that remains at the upper terminus.. Looks great to model.

Even allowing for some rough track, that first coach has suffered from serious subsidence, a bit like the old Rovex-Triang cellulose coaches.

If you were to model in 5.5mm/ft scale, I reckon that the Electrotren 0-6-0T might provide a suitable chassis for that loco.

Edited by Joseph_Pestell

I did not know it had a passenger service in its original form although should have guessed from the platform and building that remains at the upper terminus.. Looks great to model.

Even allowing for some rough track, that first coach has suffered from serious subsidence, a bit like the old Rovex-Triang cellulose coaches.

If you were to model in 5.5mm/ft scale, I reckon that the Electrotren 0-6-0T might provide a suitable chassis for that loco.

I'm sticking with 7mm. Thanks for the tip, though. I have managed to draw out the station so that it fits on 2 900x300 boards. It looks ok, I'm going to have to build a curved point which I will attempt after Telford.

I have drawn the goods wagons out, using County Donegal rly's wheels. And I have drawn the starting a of the loco's chassis.

I need to clear my commissions in the next two weeks so I can get back to the R&ER stuff.

Marc

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone had a reply having sending off an entry form?

Marc

I don't think that is part of the plan, I haven't received any reply, but somehow didn't expect one. It has not stopped me working on an entry. Nor has it worried me.