RMweb

2ManySpams

• RMweb Gold

Off to cornwall this weekend and stopping in a B&B at Par. May have to trundle down for a nosey at the original whilst I'm there :)

Spookily, I'm leaving Cornwall this weekend and passing Stafford....

Where you invited !

Just 'cos you live where you can't gain residence unless you've sworn allegiance to the parish council following a tap on the shoulder by some 110 year old. Down here in the slums residence is granted if you can afford the bus fare into town. :P

• Like 3

Q:

What are the differences between classes 28xx, 29xx, 40xx, 49xx and 68x?.  What is the common element?  Discuss.

(I'll get my coat.....)

Lots and lots of differences, wheels, cylinders, boilers, etc., etc., but I'll go for five common elements;

All were built at Swindon for the Great Western Railway; all have got five axles under the engines and three under the tenders; all were painted green at one time or another with GWR on the tender; all had a cast brass number-plate on the cabside and all had a pretty brass bonnet atop the boiler.

All the best,

John.

Edit:  Three more possible commons:  All of them might have visited St. Blazey and all the enginemen probably ate Cornish pasties and drank beer!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Topic reset - Signal box windows

I had a chat with Brian of Shawplan fame as we were packing up after the show on Sunday. He's going to have a look at the 'spec' for the windows and if he's able to help. The spec has now been sent - fingers crossed.

• RMweb Premium

Thaught that all those green locos with brass number plates were all the same !

To be fair, the brass plates have different numbers, otherwise I agree. At least Bulleid had the imagination to think 'outside the box'. (Ducks for cover)

• RMweb Premium

Well OT I know....almost correct, but classes 10xx, 47xx, 4073, 60xx & 78xx also fit your description, but not the 'common element' in my post.......

So to redeem myself, here is another DitD:

post-17640-0-31499400-1365931363_thumb.j

Flat front, two windows....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Flat front, two windows....

Odd shade of grey though

Top quality wonky post and wire fencing - just the business, never mind the nifty fifty!

Quite like that tree too, it's seen better days . . .  a bit like Stubby's old green caravan.

Old Wild West caravans can be ordered too, if required !

• Like 1