2ManySpams

You would not want toeat a Fray Bentos pie,bought one early this year ,not much meat and soggy pastry used to buy them some years ago when we were regular caravaners ,think a Pukka Pie is better value.Spam cams are good locos and deserve some exposure.

• Like 1

DPiesels in the DGutchy

new name for the layout thread?... :D

Very clever.

The loco was off Peter Clarks 'Leavesden' layout - I did have permission, I wasn't knicking it.

It really got me going tho.

Hopefully spams will post a couple of pics later because its 50026 'Indomitable' in the early NSE livery and black windscreen.

PHHHOOORRRWWWW

Cold shower required.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Very clever.

The loco was off Peter Clarks 'Leavesden' layout - I did have permission, I wasn't knicking it.

It really got me going tho.

Hopefully spams will post a couple of pics later because its 50026 'Indomitable' in the early NSE livery and black windscreen.

PHHHOOORRRWWWW

Cold shower required.

Get the shower ready.....

post-6675-0-17695400-1334766707_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-95807400-1334766758_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-74047200-1334766806_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

No, he just slobbered. And it wasn't for sale...

Probably a good thing, though I am sure a cold shower wont help. Damian will have to get one.lol

Cheers Peter.

At the risk of inflaming Damian still further, if he drops me a PM with his postal address, I will happily send him a set of Branchlines EM conversion wheels for the Hornby 50.

(Edit: Assuming I can find them in the loft. But I think I know where they are...)

(Edit 2: In case of misunderstanding - I'm not proposing any monetary reward for said wheels. The knowledge I have helped DitD in some small way would be enough)

(Edit 3: Although as real pasties are hard to come by here in Scotland...)

Edited by Jon Gwinnett
  • Like 3

At the risk of inflaming Damian still further, if he drops me a PM with his postal address, I will happily send him a set of Branchlines EM conversion wheels for the Hornby 50.

(Edit: Assuming I can find them in the loft. But I think I know where they are...)

(Edit 2: In case of misunderstanding - I'm not proposing any monetary reward for said wheels. The knowledge I have helped DitD in some small way would be enough)

(Edit 3: Although as real pasties are hard to come by here in Scotland...)

Thats very kind.

I've never tried Branchline wheelsets, so should be interesting

Two class 60s were sent down about 4 years ago for storage in the shed (not the roundhouse sadly!!). They were despatched back fairly promptly though. It seems that the pits are used in the shed for examinations of CDAs, so it will be interesting to see where they will be stored.

Here's hoping a mischevious Driver and Fitter can crank one up and send it out on the Naccos or bins one morning.... We wont tell anyone - honest.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I think 60 044 (mainline blue) put a conrod through the crankcase. Not sure about 60 096 and 60 100 status? Were they just switched off with high engine hours or more terminal faults?

Guess the obvious one to send for storage at St Blazey is 60 081 in GWR green ;)

Anyone got access to TOPS to find out ;)

Edited by richierich

I think 60 044 (mainline blue) put a conrod through the crankcase. Not sure about 60 096 and 60 100 status? Were they just switched off with high engine hours or more terminal

Hi Rich, it was 78 that had the conrod issue. 096 Has about 15,500 hours, stopped 110 Crankcase, block, crankshaft and sump, 100 the same but with nearly 18,000 hours. The former was still running at the end of last year.

Morning everybody,

The May 2012 edition of "Steam Days" magazine informs us that the last working steam locomotives at St. Blazey shed, on 28th April 1962, were 45XX Class 2-6-2Ts, numbers 5518 and 5545.

How time flies!

All the best, John.

Edited by Old Gringo
grammar (probably still poor)

• RMweb Gold

Morning everybody (including Ian),

My May edition of "Steam Days" informs me that the last working steam locomotives at St. Blazey on 28th April 1962 were 45XX Class 2-6-2Ts, 5518 and 5545.

So only 50 years ago today? Hah! Some of those making great contributions to this thread weren't even a twinkle in their dad's eye at that date!

• Like 1