Tynebank: South Tyneside circa 1960

ianblenk

post-6265-0-02928100-1542214049_thumb.jpg

post-6265-0-31736700-1542214090_thumb.jpg

post-6265-0-81240900-1542214134_thumb.jpg

post-6265-0-52185100-1542214174_thumb.jpg

Some random snaps. Started fixing signals to servos, so please ignore the aspect of the semaphores. Have decided on the G&F Electronics system. I will keep the Mega Points unit for Gallions Reach my 'London Terminus'

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...

BoXXocks, servo twitch, they are fine until I run a loco then they go bongo, As a quick fix I'll have to put a power down switch in the circuit, I can't think of any other simple solutions, unless anyone knows another way?

Stamp collecting is looking good.

Ian B

Separate power supply?

Yep separate power supply nice smooth dc, not linked in any way. It apparently is not a rare problem, wish I had known it was a possibility beforehand, feel like I've wasted about 6 months, which frankly I haven't got. I will put in a power down switch, which isn't ideal, but I can't see anything else. I will also investigate manual operation to see if that's feasible.

Cheers

Ian

I'm guessing that the interference is connected to the electrom magnetic fieldof the loco motor when running. On my previouslayout I didn't have these problems,but I used a different power supply to the servos, a stepdown transformer (nfact a mobile phone charger)

So possible solutions

1. Change power supply to servos to unsmoothed dc
  2. Replace G&F servo driver with one of my Megapoints ones
  3. Burn layout

I will report back with findings, although I can't see how the above will have any effect on e/m interference

Cheers

Ian B

post-6265-0-03244900-1543867877_thumb.jpg

post-6265-0-67610400-1543867542_thumb.jpg

Signals sorted, replaced gantry with a double and a triple (I'm sure there's a proper signally name for them) meant I didn't have to use an extension for the servos. Note to self, use tortoises (the motor not the reptile) on the next layout. It doesn't take much to lose confidence, I'm thinking no exhibitions, too much can go wrong.

Cheers

Ian B

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Sunday Diversions at Tynebank.

​With the ECML and 'The Old Main Line' both closed for engineering works, trains are being diverted through Sunderland via the coast.

post-6265-0-80778400-1546271244_thumb.jpg

post-6265-0-59441700-1546271279_thumb.jpg

Bronzino of Heaton shed has taken the Kings Cross to Newcastle Central from York, it is running very late.

post-6265-0-12867300-1546271388_thumb.jpg

The shape of things to come, soon the east Coast dinosaurs will be extinct.

post-6265-0-86468900-1546271473_thumb.jpg

Quicksilver another late runner, (Maybe not so quick)

post-6265-0-63477300-1546271549_thumb.jpg

Q6 running light to Borough Gardens.

Can I wish you all a Happy and Healthy New Year and I hope you all complete those unfinished kits in 2019

Cheers

Ian B

• Like 11

This is sad news indeed.

A superbly crafted small layout full of North Eastern character. I can sympathise -  my small layouts always end up on the local tip!

I hope we see another layout from you in the not too distant future.

Mal

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for all the kind comments about Tynebank over the past 18 months. However, scrapping starts today in preparation for its trip the local tip.

Cheers Guys

Ian B

Oh!  Very sad news - I'll be sorry to see it go.  Hopefully you'll be showing us a replacement before too long?

• RMweb Premium

Like Mal and Steve I'll be sorry that Tynebank will be making its final journey to the tip. Again I hope that we'll see something new in due course; I've been a big fan of your work since seeing Kelton Mine in BRM a good number of years ago.

Well, I started to harvest Tynebank for reusable bits, when I had a visit from Charlie Miller, he persuaded me not to scrap it, and helped with some areas i am having difficulty with due to tremor etc. So Tynebank lives and I guess Birtley show is on. But thanks to you all for your comments, much appreciated. I do find it difficult to cope with depression at times, it's great I can turn to this wonderful hobby of ours and get support from people I've never met!

Ian B

• Like 1