Woolmer Green 1935-40

Jesse Sim

36 minutes ago, jwealleans said:

Try building one of them before deciding if you want any more.  Awful to do.

Well, it’s all that seems to be available these days? 

I don’t mind if it’s a different brand of kit....

He produces a number of GNR/ECJS/LNER etched coach kits (RDEB). They consist of the body and basic underframe  and require the addition of  castings, bogies and roof.         The kits can be obtained from Wizard models and the extras from either Wizard or MJT. They do become rather expensive coming out at 70-80 GBP for a complete coach.                                      

Yes, what they said.  The main point being that Rupert is still drawing new etches and has a number which haven't made it to Wizard Models as yet.  The D & S Coronation etches are all but impossible to find these days and if it was worth doing a Silver Jubilee set (only one built) then it ought to be worth doing a Coronation/West Riding/spare set (five).

I take Ron's point about price, but it works out about the same as MJT or Bedford and not too much more than Comet once you've added on the extras you need to arrive at the same level of detail.

Rupert demonstrates at Warley - Carriage Building in the Larger Scales, I think - and he's a very approachable chap, so you could get a word in.

• Agree 1

Many thanks all, I’ll try and meet him at Warley, I’ll be needing help from someone to point him out. 

I’ll try my best, the worst he can say is no, right? 

Looks like I’ll be needing to book my flights soon, feel like I’m going over for buisness not pleasure. 

Edited by Jesse Sim
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Looks like I’ll be needing to boom my flights soon. . .

You need to be careful posting comments like that on the internet these days!

• Funny 3

18 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Looks like I’ll be needing to boom my flights soon. . .

You need to be careful posting comments like that on the internet these days!

Haha whoops, meant to be book....

Malaysia Airlines is cheap at the moment, guaranteed halfway...

• Funny 2

4 hours ago, Jesse Sim said:

A Raven A2 Pacific has the road with a parcels train, whilst a C1 waits for the clear with a Nottingham-Grantham.

86F03676-9CC8-4951-86F2-745F71D09882.png

A snow scene I see. Not often modeled but when done well can be most convincing. 

• Funny 2

12 hours ago, Sharky said:

Looking good there Jesse.

Will be a nice older wagon to stand out among the more 'modern' inside braced box vans.

That’s exactly what I purchased her for, the description said out 1,100 made only 1 survived to 1940. As my layout is 1935-40, I figured one or maybe stretch it to two might be ok. 

• Like 1