Woolmer Green 1935-40

Jesse Sim

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Jesse Sim said:

G’day all,

Thought I would share another project that’s on the go at the moment which will explain why Woolmer Green’s progress has slowed…

In June this year a few mates and myself are taking on Cape York. Cape York is the most northern part of mainland Australia, it’s going to take about three days of driving to get to Cairns, another 9 hour drive along a dirt road to get to the start of the Telegraph track and about 3 days of slow moving, low range four wheel driving to get to the top. So the project is, obviously my car…

AD3555E6-B784-4C14-8AB4-DF63530A51E1.jpeg.dc09892df455c5ba4b8c0f671b5ee3b8.jpeg

Still plenty to do, but I must apologise as this is really taking up most of my money and time as I need to live out of the car for roughly three weeks….

But I will be doing small bits and pieces on the layout but updates will be slow. 

As I said, a lot of hard driving and the rig needs to be in tip top condition. 

Excellent! Can't beat a good road trip. Please keep us updated as you go along. Or maybe a thread for the trip?

22 minutes ago, TrevorP1 said:

Excellent! Can't beat a good road trip. Please keep us updated as you go along. Or maybe a thread for the trip?

A once in a lifetime opportunity to be honest. Hard to get three weeks off and considering it is a fair distance away. 

No probably not a seperate thread. I’ll have no reception after cairns anyway.

but I will throw a couple of photos up here for sure. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Jesse Sim said:

A once in a lifetime opportunity to be honest. Hard to get three weeks off and considering it is a fair distance away. 

No probably not a seperate thread. I’ll have no reception after cairns anyway.

but I will throw a couple of photos up here for sure. 

looks amazing, prompted me to check this out--https://www.tropicalnorthqueensland.org.au/articles/guide-cape-york/

good luck with the venture north :-) 

all the best,

Keith

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Jesse Sim said:

That guy is an absolute flog 

Have you seen his 3D printed LBSCR B1 "Gladstone" class. He drew it as well as printed it, and it runs. 3D printing if you done the drawing yourself is scratch-building, something many of his critics claim unable to do. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Have you seen his 3D printed LBSCR B1 "Gladstone" class. He drew it as well as printed it, and it runs. 3D printing if you done the drawing yourself is scratch-building, something many of his critics claim unable to do. 

Okay, let me re-phrase, he’s a part time flog. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

That looks a hell of a trip, have you had to do much to the car to get it up to the job?

Yeah it’s had a lot of work done and still needs a lot of work. 

So far I have fitted a bullbar with a winch, lifted it 3 inches and also put better tyres on. 

It still needs upgraded upper control arms and diff drop (because I’ve lifted it). A snorkel for the river crossings and a dual battery system. The dual battery will go in the canopy/toolbox on the tray so I can run my fridge and lights for cooking. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, Jesse Sim said:

Yeah it’s had a lot of work done and still needs a lot of work. 

So far I have fitted a bullbar with a winch, lifted it 3 inches and also put better tyres on. 

It still needs upgraded upper control arms and diff drop (because I’ve lifted it). A snorkel for the river crossings and a dual battery system. The dual battery will go in the canopy/toolbox on the tray so I can run my fridge and lights for cooking. 

Is the ute 4WD?

• Agree 1