Bargain Hunters Mark 2

Anyone fancy a Dapol class 68 Body to repaint into plain blue/TPE or whatever?

The factory in chirk has the return 68005 bodies on sale for £10 a pop, complete with glazing etc, basically as removed

Maybe even try and make an 88 out of a couple of them!

Link please

• RMweb Premium

https://www.video125.com/products/isle-of-wight Free is quite a bargain!

I clicked the link to see whether it was gathering details from your before you got the download, but no, it just downloads.

It took 6mins on my fibre broadband for the HD version but would take ages if you have ADSL.

It's full HD 1920x1080 with 128k stereo sountrack.

It's a good way to see the quailty of their videos which from this example are quite good.

Keith

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Gold

I think this is recent?  Apols if not.  Rails have 4 x Portholes in Crimson/Cream for £99.50 + p/p though does seem a lot of 1st accomodation for a 4car rake

https://railsofsheffield.com/bundles/5/-porthole-bundle-set-of-4-br-crimson-cream-lms-porthole-coaches

Edited by Metr0Land
  • Like 1

I clicked the link to see whether it was gathering details from your before you got the download, but no, it just downloads.

It took 6mins on my fibre broadband for the HD version but would take ages if you have ADSL.

Computer not doing anything else so let see = currently stuck at 0% 2hr 39min remaining

• RMweb Premium

More bargains at Ian Allan in Birmingham

All EFE vehicles, several of each.

18103 Fleetline, BCT £10

28011 Daimler DMS, WMPTE £10

26323 Guy Arab utility bus, Walsall £8

99236 Daimler utility bus wartime grey, BCT £8

99647 Leyland National + trailer, Sealink £10

35207 BET 36', Stratford Blue £8

24322 BET Tiger Cub, Stratford Blue £8

22913 Bedford BoxVan, Ever Ready £9

30103 Bedford Mammoth tanker, Pickfords £9

Keith

• Like 1

I think this is recent?  Apols if not.  Rails have 4 x Portholes in Crimson/Cream for £99.50 + p/p though does seem a lot of 1st accomodation for a 4car rake

https://railsofsheffield.com/bundles/5/-porthole-bundle-set-of-4-br-crimson-cream-lms-porthole-coaches

Had an email from them - £50(+) coaches or £30(+) wagons are post free until 00.00 Sunday (midnight Sat/Sun?). In stock items only. Edited by Butler Henderson

It's showing as £55.90... so suggests that the previous price might have been a mistake.

It's a pity as I'd have done it for £1 per issue but not £2.

Which raises a good point about pricing of digital content. If content is cheap enough, people won't think twice before paying for it.

Guy

Edited by lyneux

It's showing as £55.90... so suggests that the previous price might have been a mistake.

It's a pity as I'd have done it for £1 per issue but not £2.

Which raises a good point about pricing of digital content. If content is cheap enough, people won't think twice before paying for it.

Guy

You must select the subscription type underneath.

You can select print, online or both.

If I select digital download why should it make a difference in price if I don't live in the UK ?

EDIT: Why should the offer be only available to UK residents ?

If its a digital download it should make no difference.

I do wonder about these companies sometimes.

Edited by amdaley

• RMweb Premium

VAT might be one reason (which would apply to me for example), but I thoughts Ireland had no VAT on publications.

It does seem like a rip off that I can get a UK digital 2 year subscription for £26, but pay more than that for 1 year French subscription.  They won't be getting my money at those prices.

• RMweb Premium

VAT might be one reason (which would apply to me for example), but I thoughts Ireland had no VAT on publications.

It does seem like a rip off that I can get a UK digital 2 year subscription for £26, but pay more than that for 1 year French subscription.  They won't be getting my money at those prices.

No VAT on publications in the UK (VAT Notice 701/10)

Newspapers and Periodicals are 9% in ROI

Keith

Edited by melmerby

Hattons have Hornby Railroad Box Vans for £5 (rrp £10.99).They are Ex-Airfix tooling with what looks like plastic wheels,so not that up to date if you are a rivet counter.Good for beginners!

Hattons also have DCC Concepts DP4SAP 8Pin 4-function decoders £10 (rrp £23.95)

http://www.hattons.co.uk/23158/Hornby_R ... etail.aspx

http://www.hattons.co.uk/59382/DCC_Concepts_DP4SAP_8_pin_4_function_decoder_with_back_EMF_Stay_Alive_1A_motor_drive_with_4_x_150mA/StockDetail.aspx

• RMweb Premium

Hattons have Hornby Railroad Box Vans for £5 (rrp £10.99).They are Ex-Airfix tooling with what looks like plastic wheels,so not that up to date if you are a rivet counter.Good for beginners!

I wonder what cost savings there are by having the large couplings and the plastic wheels?

AFAIK They have been marketed in the past with small tension locks & metal wheels.

Keith

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Regarding my earlier post for EFE buses etc.

These are the pre-Bachmann boxes.

The new RRPs are significantly higher but will be in Bachmann's new packaging. This is why the old stock is being heavily discounted.

e.g. 18103 which is £10 has a new RRP of £24.95!

Keith

• RMweb Premium

I wonder what cost savings there are by having the large couplings and the plastic wheels?

AFAIK They have been marketed in the past with small tension locks & metal wheels.

Keith

With metal wheels, certainly.

I do not believe I have ever seen them with small couplings. Unlike some old models though, the couplings don't appear to be part of the chassis moulding.