RMweb

“Highland Sulzers” - Inverness TMD in the 80's - P4

Indomitable026

Re 50's and Inverness....

50's were booked traction to Perth on the Motorail where a 40 took over for the final assault on to Inbhirnis, On occasion there'd be no 40 available so, if traction knowledge wasn't an issue, the 50 would run through. D410 also made it in addition to D412 pictured above.

First bit of track, first loco on said track...

attachicon.gifloco2.jpg

attachicon.gifloco1.jpg

attachicon.gifloco3.jpg

attachicon.gifloco4.jpg

I felt it appropriate to mention that,with this layout based on Inverness depot,5325 is still 'in the land of the living' - and not that far from Inverness,it's at the Strathspey Railway...

(find out more on Wikipedia)

Edited by Tug002

Plans now stuck down.

post-8734-0-56962400-1519571829_thumb.jpeg

Not the easiest of jobs as I don’t think normal paper is designed to be covered in PVA and slid around baseboards. Leave it too long to soak and it rips, don’t leave it long enough and it’ll keep expanding and bubble everywhere.

Anyway it’s down!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

You asked about thoughts on fiddle yard layout. I'm not familiar with Inverness shed, have you said anywhere what the operation rational for the scenic section is? Is there a sequence an arriving loco goes through (operation A on track 1 and then move to track 2 for operation B sort of thing) or is it just a case of random locos in to random roads as the operator feels fit? How you need to operate the front may influence the fiddle layout.

You asked about thoughts on fiddle yard layout. I'm not familiar with Inverness shed, have you said anywhere what the operation rational for the scenic section is? Is there a sequence an arriving loco goes through (operation A on track 1 and then move to track 2 for operation B sort of thing) or is it just a case of random locos in to random roads as the operator feels fit? How you need to operate the front may influence the fiddle layout.

There’s not too much to the bit I’m modelling, fuel roads and the back road in to the shed is a bogie wash road.

Random movements? Probably as I’m thinking of using a random card system to determine the next part of the operating puzzle/ sequence.

• RMweb Gold

Random movements? Probably as I’m thinking of using a random card system to determine the next part of the operating puzzle/ sequence.

I'm sure if you ask John nicely enough he'll make some cards up for you, all the intricate details you need to operate the layout.

• RMweb Premium

Plans now stuck down.

5947945D-8D68-4F0F-A1F4-C3782E43E877.jpeg

Not the easiest of jobs as I don’t think normal paper is designed to be covered in PVA and slid around baseboards. Leave it too long to soak and it rips, don’t leave it long enough and it’ll keep expanding and bubble everywhere.

Anyway it’s down!

Good as Templot (and other track/layout planning) software is it's nice to see it being done the "old fashioned" way with paper templates. It's inspired me to have another look at planning something I've been thinking about.

By the way; you probably know this already, but 3M Spray Mount is much safer option than PVA for fixing templates.

Good as Templot (and other track/layout planning) software is it's nice to see it being done the "old fashioned" way with paper templates. It's inspired me to have another look at planning something I've been thinking about.

By the way; you probably know this already, but 3M Spray Mount is much safer option than PVA for fixing templates.

Nice one.

I don’t get on with spray mount and the inabliblty to move things around once it’s grabbed.

With PVA it ends up hard down to the board.

I guess I’m getting old and set in my ways...

• RMweb Gold

Nice one.

I don’t get on with spray mount and the inabliblty to move things around once it’s grabbed.

With PVA it ends up hard down to the board.

I guess I’m getting old and set in my ways...

Saw what you did there!

Pritt Stick?

Mike.

Edited by Enterprisingwestern