“Highland Sulzers” - Inverness TMD in the 80's - P4

Indomitable026

15 hours ago, Indomitable026 said:

I may do, I’ve got a 26 and two 27s from this period.

My priority is to model the ones that were there in 1983 when I went up to Inverness on a family holiday. When I bought these, which had already been converted to P4, I couldn’t get the later ones I wanted. Of course you can now. To convert these to latter ones is a bit of work including filling in the tablet catcher recess and some paintwork and renumbering.

That said, I will back date at some point because I want some of Phillip Sutton’s 24s when they appear next year...

Let me know if you do , I've now chosen to model pre and early tops and need a couple of tablet catcher fitted blue 26's , I have several tops ones I may sell tbh , I have a couple of Suttons 24's and awaiting the new ones also

9 hours ago, sulzer71 said:

Let me know if you do , I've now chosen to model pre and early tops and need a couple of tablet catcher fitted blue 26's , I have several tops ones I may sell tbh , I have a couple of Suttons 24's and awaiting the new ones also

I’ve sent you a PM.

cheers

• Like 1

Just wondering when your going back to point construction and wondering why you have fitted the tortoise plates being the operating wires from the blades are not fitted yet, so you wont know exactly were they will be.

I used a surgical needles for the piece of tube 21 gauge and 0.4mm wire

Geoff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

You'll be twice as good then?

Mike.

I was reading one of them and just happened to look up at the bookshelf and think ‘ooooo there’s another book there, let’s read that’, I took it off the shelf and then realised.....

Dohhhhh,

Its not the onLy pair either...

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

11 hours ago, Geoff Cook said:

Just wondering when your going back to point construction and wondering why you have fitted the tortoise plates being the operating wires from the blades are not fitted yet, so you wont know exactly were they will be.

I used a surgical needles for the piece of tube 21 gauge and 0.4mm wire

Geoff

I think the last time I did this method was when we built New Haden Colliery and we built our own, many years ago. I’ve clearly forgotten, but now I think about it - it’s droppers on first and then offer up the tubes and slide actuator from below? I seem to recall we were using some form of wire insulation because the actuators were made out of brass?

It’s all a bit blurred!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Indomitable026 said:

I was reading one of them and just happened to look up at the bookshelf and think ‘ooooo there’s another book there, let’s read that’, I took it off the shelf and then realised.....

Dohhhhh,

Its not the onLy pair either...

So glad it's not just me!  

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, Indomitable026 said:

I think the last time I did this method was when we built New Haden Colliery and we built our own, many years ago. I’ve clearly forgotten, but now I think about it - it’s droppers on first and then offer up the tubes and slide actuator from below? I seem to recall we were using some form of wire insulation because the actuators were made out of brass?

It’s all a bit blurred!

Yes, and they still work, although they are all fitted with servo's

Geoff

• Like 2