RMweb

Andrew Barclay 14" & 16" 0-4-0ST in OO Gauge

Hattons Dave

I received my Barclay No 1 in Burnley Corporation Gas Department today only ordered yesterday morning .used the dpd delivery option

Really pleased with the locomotive it's a great runner and looks superb

We'll done hattons

You are lucky! I ordered mine in December - albeit with 'standard' delivery - order processed and funds taken Friday, still waiting for 'picked and dispatched' email!

Does make me wonder for the future if there is any point in 'pre-ordering'? I guess with my Hornby H&P Peckett it was worth it! 

• RMweb Premium

Ordered mine the evening it was announced. Was despatched yesterday on their standard 48 hour Royal Mail, so should arrive tomorrow. Luckilly, my postie always leaves stuff with the neighbours when I'm at work.

My "Katie", ordered on Saturday, is currently shown as being at Warrington Mail Centre according to the Royal Mail tracking service (it has been there since 6am allegedly). I am looking forward to receiving it. Interested to read Les' comments above about the running in time. Looks like I will need to pick a quiet club night!

• Like 1

Has everyone been ordering the Caledonian one?

It went from "more than 10 available" to "4 in stock" to "on order" in a couple of hours.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/312305/Hattons_H4_AB14_004_Andrew_Barclay_0_4_0ST_14_1863_in_Caledonian_Railway_lined_blue/StockDetail.aspx

Jason

Well it now seems that a preservation livery does sell ! :good:

Sounds like the Warrington mail centre is getting crowded with Barclays - mine is there too according to the tracking reference I got in the email.

They're moving out of Warrington. Mine now recorded as having reached the Tyneside Mail Centre and on its way to my local delivery office, so hopefully a little bundle of joy waiting for me when I get home after work

A quick clip featuring 14" & 16" Andrew Barclay's,  2069 "Little Barford" in Acton Lane Power Station Blue with Wasp Stripes and 2226 "Katie" in Lined Maroon, Top & Tailing on a short Material Train. Sort of tempted to build a Foxfield style incline for a future project now...  :jester:

Hope you enjoy!

post-20663-0-84241800-1524035092_thumb.gif

Edited by SDJR7F88
  • Like 4

Sounds like the Warrington mail centre is getting crowded with Barclays - mine is there too according to the tracking reference I got in the email.

Mine sat at Warrington all day yesterday (Tuesday), its now at the Local Delivery Office and I can expect delivery sometime today!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Mine sat at Warrington all day yesterday (Tuesday), its now at the Local Delivery Office and I can expect delivery sometime today!

Snap. That sounds par for the course for Royal Mail's two day service. If it looks like being possible in one day, they just leave it sitting in a sorting office until two days becomes inevitable.

• Like 1

It went from "more than 10 available" to "4 in stock" to "on order" in a couple of hours.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/312305/Hattons_H4_AB14_004_Andrew_Barclay_0_4_0ST_14_1863_in_Caledonian_Railway_lined_blue/StockDetail.aspx

It's interesting that whichever one you look at on the site, the "People who bought this item also bought" section at the bottom of the page contains a selection of the others. So it does look like people are making a collection of them. 

Jason

....... and twelve hours later there are none in stock ! ................................................. but still 'Due in stock on or after 16th April 2018' -  I can't help wondering how long after !!?!

You are lucky! I ordered mine in December - albeit with 'standard' delivery - order processed and funds taken Friday, still waiting for 'picked and dispatched' email!

Does make me wonder for the future if there is any point in 'pre-ordering'? I guess with my Hornby H&P Peckett it was worth it!

Picked and packed, it (they!!) should be with me by the weekend.... Luckily I've had fellow RMwebber's excellent photos and videos in this thread to whet my appetite in the meantime!

Thing is, I ordered something off Hattons pre-owned list recently and selected RM48 delivery.  It arrived the next day via Yodel24hr....

Sometimes delivery times/routes are a bit of a lottery!

....... and twelve hours later there are none in stock ! ................................................. but still 'Due in stock on or after 16th April 2018' -  I can't help wondering how long after !!?!

Yeah I am cursing myself now for waiting, still i'll catch on in the second batch I hope,

Paul. 

• RMweb Premium

My nice Royal Mail delivery gentleman knocked on my door about an hour ago and I have just spent about 40 minutes running "Katie" backwards and forwards on a yard long piece of track. 

First impressions - VERY smooth right from the box and a lovely looking loco. Having had problems getting my "P" class out of the plastic wrapping I used what I had learned and found no problem getting the loco unpacked.

It will go very nicely with my Hornby Peckett.

I fitted a new decoder which fails to operate the loco this was then replaced with a decoder from an operational engine, it too failed to work.

Pin one  (Orange, Motor Right) to pin one?

'My' Katie arrived this afternoon.  Ordered on Saturday afternoon so very quick delivery.  It is quite delightful and for those who are still waiting for their version to arrive, all I can say is it is well worth the wait.  Well done Hattons!  Now if you can do another version called 'Daniel' that will keep all the offspring happy!! 

Postie turned up at lunchtime bearing a small parcel. Opened immediately, i gently liberated 705 from her packaging and placed her on the rails.. A solid little engine with plenty of heft for her small size.  She ran sweetly and smoothly over set track points and pulled a pair of Airfix LMS Suburban carriages together with a Lima bogie  GUV without slipping.

Despite threats to the contrary, I didn't have the patience to either do an unboxing video or sequence of photos.....  :jester:

• Like 2

i was going to order a Caley version .It looks stunning but  I really want to make  a grimy industrial  type so went for the NCB green version  which will grime up lovely .I will remove the markings and perhaps invent a name for it  on brass nameplate .When it comes I will give  it  a pulling test on my US layout full 8 wheelers and over insulfrog .I also have an idea for some different crew figures to make.

'My' Katie arrived this afternoon.  Ordered on Saturday afternoon so very quick delivery.  It is quite delightful and for those who are still waiting for their version to arrive, all I can say is it is well worth the wait.  Well done Hattons!  Now if you can do another version called 'Daniel' that will keep all the offspring happy!! 

c'mon ....... that's a little unfair calling your third child 'Little Barford' !

• Like 1