The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Music for my funeral

clecklewyke

• RMweb Gold

One of my aunts went with the strains of ‘Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye’ by Gracie Fields ringing in our ears. A bit cheesie but at least we all left with a smile on our faces.

I fancy having something like the theme to Thunderbirds playing at mine...or Fire by The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown.

Edited by 4630
  • Like 1

I've always considered "They're coming to take me away..." by Emperor Napoleon 14th for mine!

My Father has listed "Men of Action" by the Les Reed Orchestra for his funeral (it was the theme tune of Radio Northsea International), but it would relegate that tune (one of my favourites) to being unlistenable to in the following years. The same has happened to other tunes that have been used at funerals I have attended in the past.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've always considered "They're coming to take me away..." by Emperor Napoleon 14th for mine!

My Father has listed "Men of Action" by the Les Reed Orchestra for his funeral (it was the theme tune of Radio Northsea International), but it would relegate that tune (one of my favourites) to being unlistenable to in the following years. The same has happened to other tunes that have been used at funerals I have attended in the past.

You could just play him something else instead, I doubt he'd notice.....

• Like 1

My dad passed away last year and although we knew who he liked it was difficult choosing songs so I would advise everyone to write down their preferences or just make sure their significant other is aware of what they want because who knows what could happen.

Bit morbid I know but working in nursing we find this all the time I however intend to live forever or until I build all my Kits whichever comes first!

Mark

• Like 2