RMweb

WTF

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

I believe there’s a huge amount of research that goes into shopping habits to help retailers understand how to maximise their sales

I believe there is.

I'm aware of some of the ways supermarkets are attempting to manipulate me.

I'm sure there's plenty more that I'm not aware of and some of them probably work.

One thing I make a point of doing is never giving in to up-selling. It annoys me and it seems to be getting more common.

People who do take the cheap chocolate offered at the till when they came in for a pack of batteries are letting the side down...

B&Q had an offer on emulsion paint, buy one for £18 or two for £24. I only wanted one so never bought any as in my mind it was costing £6 too much.

Maybe I should have stood in the aisle with a placard looking for someone to go halves with. 

Can you return unused paint?? Buy the two, take them to the car, then return one and see if they refund you the £18 for one tin of paint... ;)

bimble, on 10 Dec 2017 - 20:38, said:bimble, on 10 Dec 2017 - 20:38, said:

Can you return unused paint?? Buy the two, take them to the car, then return one and see if they refund you the £18 for one tin of paint... ;)

I did once take a 5ltr tin of B&Q white exterior paint back, it said on the tin no quibble refund if you are not satisfied.The checkout assistant noticed there was paint running down the side of the tin, and asked if I had opened it. I said yes, and I have used half, that is how I know it is rubbish. I had given a wall two coats and could still see through it. I said I don't want a refund, I would put the extra couple of pound to it and change it for a tin of Dulux. Certainly Sir. 

Edited by Free At Last

• RMweb Premium

Hi again,

To return to BOGOF (& 3for2) for a moment, I agree with the poster who commented on it as a means to dispose of unsold stock, and to do so quickly.  There is, though, a positive way of using the free item if it's food and it's 'spare' - give it to the local foodbank!  We encourage folk around here to do this, and it's been a big help.

Regards,

Alex.

• Like 5

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

WTF is it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-44237827

Unless someone's messing about cutting and posing the remains it looks like a cetacean but with a reptilian tail.  Very odd.  One assumes that if "experts" are indeed puzzled then there are no signs of a tail having been cut off.

Since this follows on from the BOGOF debate. Where is the 2nd one of these critters? Is it right behind you and alive and well?

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Not as bad in my view as when traffic in Cardiff ground to a halt a few years ago because a big American truck with Coca Cola painted on the side came to town.

What! Couldn't it get around the corners? :jester:

Keith