Which make of kit LMS 4F 0-6-0 tender loco

I bought a lot off eBay which was a loco and some parts, in said lot is an etched LMS 4F with a resin firebox, boiler and smoke box, the etched chassis has inside motion within the frames. The tender looks to be etched brass, the cab may be nickle silver

Please can anyone tell me the maker of the kit please, the previous owner has written Midland Fowler, but my knowledge of things LMS is very limited.

The previous owner tried to refurbish the loco, but several parts have come un-soldered and they managed to break one of the frames, I bought it for the motor, gearbox and wheels, so intend to sell the kit as a restoration project and wish to give an accurate description

Thanks

...Someones bound to want to have a go and several options re the chassis available

If the inside motion frets and associated bits are being separated, I'd be interested. There's at least one other class I could use them on......(and it's not a 4F)

Edited by Horsetan

No sorry just cannot be bothered to do it, but it will also devalue the project for whoever buys it. I don't know if it was either poorly built or badly stripped of paint. All the main parts are there with the exception of one of the tender bits and perhaps the lubricators. If I were going to do it I would either change the chassis or buy some Gibson mainframes, as a part of the chassis has broken, though I guess a skilled person may be able to fix with some form of hornblock overlay.

Looking at the price of a new one, it will make a good winters restoration project for someone with a bit of etched kit building experiance

• 2 weeks later...

Well. I will look forward to seeing what I can do with this. A simple Comet set of frames will replace the broken ones.

Why not have a chat with  Horsetan who might be willing to buy the inside motion off you. Item now wrapped up and will be in the post first thing in the morning, thank you for buying it

• Like 1

Well it certainly is the worst wrecking of a kit I have ever seen. Bits in the wrong places and others wrecked, what did they do to it. It looks like a lot of part replacement and some scratch building. I will post my progress.

Good luck with it, I did not look too close as the loco itself was not of interest. it has been mentioned Brassmasters has in the past sold spares, buying/obtaining a set of instructions could be the first step