Hornby Warley Announcements?

DLPG

• RMweb Gold

In an fantastic move by Hornby, they have made  some positive announcements.

It's been announced that the exhibition team will leave up the A2 'imminently'

Passing through the Dartford  tunnel, The team will progress well counter-clockwise around the M25, until the junction for the M40 is reached.

Further announcements hint at the strong possibility that some of the team might stop at any number of services whilst travelling , due to the call of nature, and tea/coffee.

More announcements as & when the situation unfolds.

Tonight's announcement is the 'design clever' evening meal: Soup in a basket, followed by whole in the toad.

The evening cabaret is the Westgate Glee Club, singing '3 wheels on my wagon'.

This ends the announcements.

Fred the office Boy.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hornby will be reviewing their releases for next year and beyond, in the light of their merger with Oxford Rail. They will make their announcements when they are happy with their deliberations, not before.

It’s not as if Bachmann are exactly challenging Hornby at the moment re: new releases!

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Hornby will be reviewing their releases for next year and beyond, in the light of their merger with Oxford Rail. They will make their announcements when they are happy with their deliberations, not before.

It’s not as if Bachmann are exactly challenging Hornby at the moment re: new releases!

Phil

But this years releases (or next) will have been worked on for the last year. The Oxford interest was not known then, besides they’ve got a catalogue coming out imminently . So there needs to be an announcement shortly .

But this years releases (or next) will have been worked on for the last year. The Oxford interest was not known then, besides they’ve got a catalogue coming out imminently . So there needs to be an announcement shortly .

Agreed that they will have been working on it for ages but that doesn't mean the new CEO won't be reviewing and signing off on what's in there. Whilst we can't be certain, we could reasonably infer that if they make no announcements that he's changed/pulled items. Ditto, if what's published at Warley is very short/high level/doesn't include the type of pictures we've come to expect from a Hornby catalogue.

• RMweb Gold

Phil

Glad you are confident to make that assumption.Your sources must be impeccable.The matter of new releases is surely not a trial of strength to see who gets first past the post..or am I missing something ? :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Phil

What merger is that, then?

However inevitable one may seem, there has been no hint of it from either party and we'll only really know what's what when both Oxford and Hornby have announced their future programmes, and possibly those for 2019 rather than 2018 at that.

If I were Hornby's new CEO, I'd be keen to avoid any possibility of Hornby, which is nowhere near out of the woods yet, dragging my own smaller, but rather more solid, business down with it.

As for Bachmann, I don't expect to see them return to the new-release rates of their heyday for several years, if ever.

John

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, but it's not that I've not seen most of the announcements because they've all been mentioned on this forum. What I'm getting at is that these clues generally aren't there for all to see on the blog which is being reduced to a monthly feature. Lets have a look at the sources for those clues.

Lord Nelson - Engine Shed Blog (although I'm not totally convinced by that. Didn't they use a different 'working' cover before last year or am I mixing it up with another announcement?)

Something GWR - Collectors Club

Something Industrial - Collectors Club

NBR - Collectors Club

LBSC - Collectors Club

LSWR T9 - Twitter

Brighton Belle - Engine Shed before being removed

That’s a whole lot of optimism there, I think we’d be lucky at half that. Brighton Belle is however in the latest collector club mag, and the article states it will be the 3rd Belle unit unit 3053 (meaning they will have made all 3 units in Brown/cream), with NEM couplings catalog R3606 5 car at £394.99. Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, but it's not that I've not seen most of the announcements because they've all been mentioned on this forum.  What I'm getting at is that these clues generally aren't there for all to see on the blog which is being reduced to a monthly feature.  Lets have a look at the sources for those clues.

Lord Nelson - Engine Shed Blog (although I'm not totally convinced by that. Didn't they use a different 'working' cover before last year or am I mixing it up with another announcement?)

Something GWR - Collectors Club

Something Industrial - Collectors Club

NBR - Collectors Club

LBSC - Collectors Club

LSWR T9 - Twitter

Brighton Belle - Engine Shed before being removed

While it is good that they are still doing this in the Collectors Club, they would be better off placing this in the Engine Shed in order to reach a wider audience.  I can appreciate the thinking behind this move, they want to give something back to customers who pay the Collector's Club fee but dropping little bits of information and teasers is about garnering as much excitement as possible before a new release and so limiting this information to just members kind of defeats the point in my view.

Letting us know when they are going to make these announcements would also help increase excitement, because right now we don't know exactly.  There is just speculation about Christmas/New Year.

They're still doing a better job than Bachmann though at promoting new releases but it's frustrating because they nailed it last year and it's a shame that they've changed what looked to be a winning formula.

Hornby haven't usually been backward in letting people know about re-releases and re-liveries. Brighton Belles and T9s are obviously just that. Something GWR could be King, Castle, Hall, Grange, 28xx, 38xx, 42xx, 72xx, 61xx from the tool store, even 2721 or 101!. There's an (engine) shedload of coaches and wagons to go at too.

NBR might be a tarted up J83.

LBSC could be a de-Thomased E2, or a Terrier, or even yet another release of the brake van.

Industrial could be a new livery for a Peckett or Hunslet Austerity, or one of the freelance 0-4-0 tanks.

Now of course the GWR, NBR, LBSC, and Industrials could all be brand new models, but the hints have been crafted so they'll do for either new or re-issued.

Is there anything that was tooled/retooled at Sanda Kan that hasn't been reissued from other plants yet, apart from the Clan, the tools for which seem to have been lost or irreparably damaged?

• RMweb Gold

Correct, no announcements, didn’t see anything about the new club either, no H class and no 1450 so far either beyond the display one :-(

Hornby sales stand is Bluebell railways shop however and they have Stepney with blue coaches

This however looks good:post-20773-0-98395500-1511604063_thumb.jpegpost-20773-0-77504000-1511604075_thumb.jpeg

The wartime 8f looks very nice, 48045 looks like the tender has had a bit of work, metal coal rails, handrails and think the coal has been modified.

post-20773-0-59748700-1511604150_thumb.jpeg

post-20773-0-50042500-1511604168_thumb.jpeg

post-20773-0-87208300-1511604227_thumb.jpeg

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 6

Hmmmmm....

Did they demonstrate the 14xx running?

And as for their snow scene, is that the Railroad "Intercity Express" currently being flogged through Argos for £90?  Perhaps they're going to reissue the companion extra coaches?

At the moment, it all looks pretty flat!

• RMweb Gold

Correct, no announcements, didn’t see anything about the new club either, no H class and no 1450 so far either beyond the display one :-(

Hornby sales stand is Bluebell railways shop however and they have Stepney with blue coaches

This however looks good:attachicon.gif909AEC7B-8D52-40FA-B24B-D0218EEBAEB0.jpegattachicon.gifDF4A86E1-5204-4836-ABE2-065DA0DE6720.jpeg

The wartime 8f looks very nice, 48045 looks like the tender has had a bit of work, metal coal rails, handrails and think the coal has been modified.

Is that Triang Super 4 track I notice in the bottom photograph?

Ian.

• RMweb Premium

I was led to believe it was a backdrop to the big relaunch of the Collectors Club that seems to have disappeared down the back of the proverbial sofa.

Did any of the Warley special 14xxs ever make onto the retailers tables?

Edited by John M Upton

• RMweb Gold

I was led to believe it was a backdrop to the big relaunch of the Collectors Club that seems to have disappeared down the back of the proverbial sofa.

Did any of the Warley special 14xxs ever make onto the retailers tables?

It’s taken me 6 hours to find a two 1450s...

The first is certificate number 000 in the Hornby display cabinet.

First I tried the Hornby sales stand.. but it was Bluebell, I tried Cheltenham, Rails no luck

Then I moved on kernow, no, footplate, even replica and the DPS no luck.

After that wandering the hall after 6 hours and believing they hadn’t made it, I popped by sawyer models, who told me they had sold their allocation first come first serve this morning, it seems most of these 1450’s were presold to preorders and never reached the tables.

Having given up, I wandered on, with my ever heavier “Russian” supersized shopping bag, when this man came up to me and asked if I was the person looking for a 1450 at Sawyers’s stand, I said yes and he said “follow me”...

lol and behold I acquired the last one on the Lord and Butler stand...

Thank you to that man, who dissapeared as quick as he came !

And here it is, the hardest model to find at Warley...

post-20773-0-32796300-1511624079_thumb.jpeg

post-20773-0-52206400-1511624090_thumb.jpeg

post-20773-0-66886300-1511624100_thumb.jpeg

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 11

No, that's their 5 car Class 800 in GWR livery.

Now I look at the photo more closely, I stand corrected! 

But at first glance, at that angle, on what seems like an R2 curve in a tacky snowscene........  :jester:

Oh well!