Bachmann 2018 range

bendax2018

I was hoping for more 009. There may still be some new announcements in the rolling stock, but nothing there really grabs my attention and I was hoping for at least one more engine.

New V2 is nice though, and I do note that with the Blue Pullman they say that they’ve altered the tooling to produce the new models, so don’t be expecting new releases of the first models any more :)

I wouldn’t make your latter interpretation. I think there are still a few second run original blue Pullmans around. I doubt there’s the demand for another run at present. What they’ve done is add a tooling variant (and I assume a minimal cost) to get further value out of the other tools. Releasing in blue/grey differentiates from nanking blue and gives a wider sales base. The incremental tooling would, I presume, allow future nanking western versions and still leaves them free to do LMR blue grey using the other variants of the tooling. I’d say a smart move on Bachmann’s part.

David

• RMweb Gold

Sausages for breakfast?

However that Brighton atlantic does look very pretty - sort of irresistibly so. And the 'modern' dmu contingent ought to be somewhat less whingy now (or when the promises turn into reality).

Don't worry. They will find plenty wrong with them when they finally appear.

• RMweb Gold

I wouldn’t make your latter interpretation. I think there are still a few second run original blue Pullmans around. I doubt there’s the demand for another run at present. What they’ve done is add a tooling variant (and I assume a minimal cost) to get further value out of the other tools. Releasing in blue/grey differentiates from nanking blue and gives a wider sales base. The incremental tooling would, I presume, allow future nanking western versions and still leaves them free to do LMR blue grey using the other variants of the tooling. I’d say a smart move on Bachmann’s part.

David

It could well be just a slide in the original tooling - that would have been a logical way to plan things right from the start.  And a smart move as you say because it gives some new impetus to what has always been a rather niche, and expensive item with a probably limited market.

If that is the total new stuff, I have to say I'm not surprised. They already have a backlog to work through. But I was expecting one new announcement, something a bit left field/unexpected just to keep peoples attention whilst awaiting the back log. They may yet surprise us with some rolling stock/wagons.

Happy to be corrected but I thought we already knew about the J72 being released with a new tooling?  Also, I thought V2s were already in the range?

The H1 Atlantic looks fantastic, I will definitely be pre-ordering one of them.  I'm disappointed that none of my guesses were right though, at least so far anyway.

Edited by GWR8700

Bah-Humbug comes to mind!

168-17x could do with a revamp.  But how many years will we have to wait, and at what "crazy" price will Bachmann be expecting to sell them at.....

Its interesting that no new liveries have been announced - perhaps thats a clever marketing tool, so as not to 'dilute' interest in the 2016 and 2017 livery ranges that have still not been issued!  .....too much choice and all that!

Regards,

• RMweb Gold

The Brighton Atlantic looks spectacular.

I’ve always liked ‘improved engine green’ but prefer ‘’Marsh Umber’, there’s something about it that just seems to resonate the historical period it’s from.

Greg

As with most other locos that carried it, they looked pretty darn good in "LNWR" livery, too.

John

Hmm, someone in the know on another forum has said (and I quote) "thats not all folks, stay tuned". I repeat. Hmmmm

I note that we are not given all livery variations. Anyhow, I’m happy. I didn’t like Bachmann releasing old tooling which wasn’t DCC ready. The new DMUs are the highlight so far, as is the Brighton Atlantic. Flash me a piccie of the new LNER-liveried V2 and I’ll be more than happy, at least until the price of the Pullman emerges!

• RMweb Gold

Happy to be corrected but I thought we already knew about the J72 being released with a new tooling?

The H1 Atlantic looks fantastic, I will definitely be pre-ordering one of them.  Looking forward to the rest of the range over the next few hours

H2

Ookay guys,

Apparently this could be some sort of teaser announcement. Fireworks due to begin at 12.

I suppose we should all have listened to Andy, he did say somewhere yesterday that 12 was the magic time :)

Edited by Edge

Hmm, someone in the know on another forum has said (and I quote) "thats not all folks, stay tuned". I repeat. Hmmmm

To be quite honest I doubt I will be alone in feeling duped and sozzled off if it emerges that this is not a full announcement and there is sand bagging going on.

Appreciate it is not 12:00 noon yet, though from what we can see so far there is a glaring lack of rolling stock and buildings.

Big build up and anticipation to find an anti-climax in only showing half of ones hand to customers is not good policy from my perspective.

I do hope I am wrong as I have a lot of time for Bachmann and would not want to feel like being 'played'

Fair chance to them - waiting to see at noon!