Bachmann 2018 range

bendax2018

I still can't make my mind up how to read the trends in Bachmann's recent releases of pre-grouping prototypes-  maybe we're working through a series of LMS passenger tanks of pre-grouping origin- the L&Y 2-4-2, the Coal Tank and now the Midland 0-4-4 (Yes, I know the Coal Tank was officially a freight loco, but they saw enough passenger use to fit the logic of where I'm heading). Maybe something like a Caledonian '439' might be next up, or a Tilbury tank?

A Stanier 3 cylinder 2-6-4T?  :sarcastichand: 

Jason

• Like 1

How about - as I say every year - a Fowler or Stanier 2-6-2T?

I know it won't please everyone, but the Sutherland/Nucast kit is being re-released with a new chassis. AFAIK it will be around in 2018.

Edited to clarify - this is both the Fowler & Stanier tanks. Judith Edge is doing a Fowler too.

Edited by Jub45565
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure the LMS contingent will be happy again this year. Always seems to be LMS region from Bachmann at the moment

Too right! Why is there another Region!

Mind a A2/2 or /3 would be good

Edited by farren
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Too right! Why is there another Region!

Mind a A2/2 or /3 would be good

The A2/2 was a vindictive abomination and should NEVER be honoured with an RTR model! I’d much rather see something inspiring and visionary such as “Hush Hush”.

• RMweb Premium

Anyone mentioned a 77xxx Std 3MT yet?  A Standard 2MT tank should be a must really now they have that new chassis under the old Ivatt tank (and while they are at it, jettison that old Ivatt tank body and get a new one done which is what they should have done in the first place).

• RMweb Gold

Anyone mentioned a 77xxx Std 3MT yet?  A Standard 2MT tank should be a must really now they have that new chassis under the old Ivatt tank (and while they are at it, jettison that old Ivatt tank body and get a new one done which is what they should have done in the first place).

It took more than long enough to do the chassis on its own!

That was a mystery in itself considering they already had a DCC-friendly mechanism on the tender version so should only have had the main casting left to do.

A month, tops IMHO so I presume the project sat on the back burner for several years.  

I dread to think how much longer it would take to retool the body, in either form.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

• RMweb Gold

I still can't make my mind up how to read the trends in Bachmann's recent releases of pre-grouping prototypes-  maybe we're working through a series of LMS passenger tanks of pre-grouping origin- the L&Y 2-4-2, the Coal Tank and now the Midland 0-4-4 (Yes, I know the Coal Tank was officially a freight loco, but they saw enough passenger use to fit the logic of where I'm heading). Maybe something like a Caledonian '439' might be next up, or a Tilbury tank?

I would love to see either especially the Tilbury............then again 6202 would be good!! :jester:  :jester: , having said that,  a couple of years ago I expressed a desire for 46256/7 and was laughed at...............look what happened!! although from a different colour box, hey you can never tell these days and I love it!!

Mike

• Like 2

I can see it happening when it needs a new tooling.

That may be soon. But I would think they might try and squeeze as much as possible from the old tools first as then you won't have an Ivatt 2MT 2-6-2T in the range for possibly decades.

Jason

I wonder why ?

Knowing how well the Dynamic Lines Livery sold and became sought after seems a strange decision.

Unless it's because of all the criticism of a lack of a DCC Class 158...

I don’t think we will ever know the whole truth, too many reasons to list.

• RMweb Premium

I know it won't please everyone, but the Sutherland/Nucast kit is being re-released with a new chassis. AFAIK it will be around in 2018.

Edited to clarify - this is both the Fowler & Stanier tanks. Judith Edge is doing a Fowler too.

Mike Edge is working on a kit for a Fowler 2-6-2. In many respects this is a simpler class from the detail perspective as there were so many changes with the Stanier variety.

• RMweb Gold

owentherail beat me to the freightliner grey 47, so how about a fag packet one? One livery yet to be done on a full spec 47...

Also, I would like to see the 5700 and 8750 pannier make a come back, not seen them in the range for a while.

Bachmann continue to 'foist' a top feed onto the 57xx pannier, effectively putting the timeline between 1936-1965. Also, not all of the 64xx panniers carried topfeed.. Quite a few of the locomotive went their entire working lives without them. It seems such a pity to blatantly ignore a legitimate viewpoint.

Of course, it's only a hop, skip & jump away from the 27xx pannier, which puts it into the same working era as City of Truro, amongst other earlier era locomotives & stock.

Ian.

• RMweb Gold

I looked at the spare 64xx on the workbench last night, took out the scalpel box, then remembered that it was Baccy announcements this week. Given my track record on kits and conversions if I had started the job a 74xx would be a cert for their 2018 list.

I think you’d be safe, for at least 2-3 years ;-) even if it was announced.

I’ve just pulled up a 9400 Lima body for a chassis and a repaint as I think that is still a while away yet.