Bachmann 2018 range

bendax2018

• RMweb Premium

WR Pullman set...nice touch, long overdue, hope they get the variations from the MR set correct. Hardly a teaser from Bachmann given that we will have forgotten about all these by the time they hit the shops.

Edited by 7013

I'm glad that they are improving existing toolings.  This is something that Hornby have done very well recently with some of their models this past year.  It's also a great way of keeping the range updated without breaking the bank.  Don't forget it says full range will be announced over the next few weeks.  So after 12 there will be more anouncements, notably in train sets

I feel like a few peope haven't read the article properly, it clearly states there is more to come... Patience.

They announced the "new releases' for the 2018 range. This suggests there will be more relivery announcements. It doesn't preclude future announcements of new tools available in the further future but I doubt they want to add to the 'backlog.' What's not clear is when these "new releases" will be on the shelves although the H1 looks like a livery sample and the excellent video last week suggests the J72 should arrive this calendar year as well.

• RMweb Premium

Good move on producing an all-new V2 as I didn't think their approach of simply upgrading the chassis was the best way.

I'm happy that the commemoration of the end of WW1 is marked by the ROD version of GCR's O4. Several companies took over them and I hope that several pre-grouping liveries will be offered.

Some were exported - three are preserved in Australia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROD_2-8-0

At long last the class 158/159/170/171 DMUs will be redone to contemporary standards.

The LBSCR H1 was a logical development - despite being withdrawn by 1951 - from Bachmann's announced H2 version, and I'm assuming the exclusivity agreement for the GNR C1 4-4-2 expired so at least it's now in the mainstream range.

It'll be interesting how many takers there'll be for the reversed grey/blue Midland Pullman.

• RMweb Gold

I was hoping for more 009. There may still be some new announcements in the rolling stock, but nothing there really grabs my attention and I was hoping for at least one more engine.

Will these do you? http://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/cataloguelist.aspx?EraID=0&ScID=1000592&prTyID=1000640&supCatID=218

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hattons banner is still counting down, 45 minutes to go.

Then Bachmann will announce models of everything ever built without a current tool and we can all pop down to Mrs Miggins' pie shop for a celebratory Special Sausage Pie.

I hear that Mrs Miggins has baked an enourmous pie in the shape of a pie!!!

Good move on producing an all-new V2 as I didn't think their approach of simply upgrading the chassis was the best way.

I'm happy that the commemoration of the end of WW1 is marked by the ROD version of GCR's O4. Several companies took over them and I hope that several pre-grouping liveries will be offered.

Some were exported - three are preserved in Australia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROD_2-8-0

At long last the class 158/159/170/171 DMUs will be redone to contemporary standards.

The LBSCR H1 was a logical development - despite being withdrawn by 1951 - from Bachmann's announced H2 version, and I'm assuming the exclusivity agreement for the GNR C1 4-4-2 expired so at least it's now in the mainstream range.

It'll be interesting how many takers there'll be for the reversed grey/blue Midland Pullman.

Bachmann announced the all new tooled V2 in 2014, they've been on the website since then, it's just there hasn't been any progress since then!

Dribbling out different bits of the announcement is an, er, interesting new marketing technique.

Still, am very, very pleased to see the 159 joining the (still mythical) 158 - I rather fancy the 3-car 159 in original NSE livery.

The new Bulleid coaches are way overdue - the range they've been plodding on with until now has been a bit of an embarrassment next to Hornby's mostly rather glorious coaching stock ranges.

Half an hour to go now until the "real" announcement. Enough time to make a coffee and break out some biscuits.

Paul

• RMweb Gold

With a wavy running plate?

Quite! That’s the point! Bachmann have seen the chance for GN and LBSC people to do both varieties. The wavy footplate marks the difference dramatically. Another wow for the Pre-Grouping fraternity, too.