and I STILL like to keep up with it!

Some great photos, and the details are just getting better & better,

love the backscene & trees

....and how did you get hold of your birthday present early? :laugh:

Cheers

Marc

• RMweb Gold

Hi

used to be a couple of 06s that used to hang about Dundee early 80s. They were withdrawn there too.

http://www.flickr.co...157605329209629

06 006 and 06 005

Got a few rides in and out of central platforms a few times when releasing 26s and 27s from Edinburgh/Glasgow stock.

Ahhh the memories :cry:

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the link. I know that the 06 are out of region for a Devon layout, but I do like them! Was a bit of an impulse buy from Michael and Judith Edge at York and to be honest destined for a new industrial layout, where the idea being that locos had been bought from BR when withdrawn. The only photos I can't find though are any showing the cab interior.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Richard,

I can't believe this thread is now 11 pages,

and I STILL like to keep up with it!

Some great photos, and the details are just getting better & better,

love the backscene & trees

....and how did you get hold of your birthday present early? :laugh:

Cheers

Marc

Hi Marc,

Thanks for comments!

I can't believe it either that I have now reached 12 pages and 270 odd replies!

It's amazing what can be achieved with a small layout!

I'm pleased with the way that the trees have turned out behind the shed and really help to finish everything off!

The secret with the birthday present is to buy it myself, my wife not knowing one end of an engine from the other!

Much easier to buy it myself! Now need to weather the 33 and will post some photos when done, but need to find suitable first, so need to look through my books etc.

Cheers

Richard

• RMweb Gold

Excellent photos looking inside the shed MM, you have done a great job detailing the inside of the building. Great work!

Hi Grimleygrid

Thanks for your comments.

I have been trying to get some more detail into the shed and will gradually add more as and when I can get bits made.

I will probably not add much more onto the rest of the layout, but intend to add more detail to the inside of the shed.

Most of the details so far have come from books that I have trawled through from around the period being modelled, but could probably could find more. Most of what I have is black and white,

so sometimes difficult to make out the details as these seem to be in the gloom. Of course, these books being contemporary with the period modelled, the definition is often not as good as nowadays.

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to seeing the layout at Exeter show :yes:

Don't forget to come over and say hello - I'm there both days!

Should be a good show if the last few have been anything to go by!

• RMweb Gold

I have given my new Heljan 33 a light weathering in readiness for next weekend.

Considering changing the steps to those by PH Designs and I know the shape at the bottom of the cab is slightly wrong, but don't really want to start modifying - I can live with it for the moment.

post-7854-0-12123700-1305912351_thumb.jpg

post-7854-0-17532500-1305912362_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I know the shape at the bottom of the cab is slightly wrong, but don't really want to start modifying - I can live with it for the moment.

Looks perfect to me!

• RMweb Gold

Thanks guys.

Just got back from Hayle (well a couple of hours ago now!) - thoroughly enjoyed the the weekend and thanks to everyone at Hayle and those RMWeb member who came over for a chat.

Thankfully not much to repair for next weekend.

If in Exeter at the weekend, please come over and say hello.

• RMweb Gold

We had a couple of visiting locos to Orchard Road today (thanks Will from Deviot Dock). Unfortunately I couldn't get the correct colour balance so have tweeked the colours a little to get closer to how they should be, but not quite right! Didn't look too out of place to be honest!

post-7854-0-05934900-1306700771_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've been busy painting a few more details to add to the inside of the shed, so will add these once the layout has been set up.

I've also had a go at a couple of new wagon loads and will make their debut tomorrow!

Looking forward to the weekend in Exeter - come over and say hello. May also have a very unusual visitor as well!

• RMweb Premium

Orchard Road was looking great at Exeter, many thanks for letting me have a play.

You were a bit tucked away in a corner, but you always seemed to have a good group around the layout.

All the best,

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Hi

Thanks to everyone who came over for a chat and special thanks to Ray (for being my second operator over the weekend), DLT, the 'mob' from Barnstaple MRC.

Everything worked well and pleased to hear the comments from visitors.