RMweb

Orchard Road TMD - BR Blue - The Story Continues

mudmagnet

• RMweb Gold

Richard also mentioned he'd like his sound loco to give off a huge pile of clag when it started - so maybe a new name for the layout - "Smoke & Mirrors" !

I've got some more pics to add, including one of the purchaes he made at the weekend...

I should also apologise for the series of mishaps which occured whilst I seemed to have the controller in my hand... Runing into (the very solid, luckily) buffers with the oil tanks, and trying to extend the fiddle yard siding by driving locos into the end wall were perhaps not what was really required...

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Richard also mentioned he'd like his sound loco to give off a huge pile of clag when it started - so maybe a new name for the layout - "Smoke & Mirrors" !

Very good! Perhaps a name for a future layout. Just don't tell Marc Smith - a name that he may use!

I should also apologise for the series of mishaps which occured whilst I seemed to have the controller in my hand... Runing into (the very solid, luckily) buffers with the oil tanks, and trying to extend the fiddle yard siding by driving locos into the end wall were perhaps not what was really required...

No problem and no damage done!

Partly my fault for not giving you 'correct' instruction on the running of some of the locos - especially the 08!

Glad you had a good time!

Thanks again. Was good to watch the layout when someone else is running it!

Edited by mudmagnet
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Richard

Thank you Stubby47, I think I now the visitor to YS.

The pics are very good.

RAY70B

Ah! that's not the visitor! It's something else!

You will have to wait until Minehead on Saturday!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Love the Capri Richard, iv been considering one myself and a couple of transits if I can actually find any ha ha

Really need to have a long day trip to see you I think.

Hi Neil,

I thought that the Capri would fit in well. I've now given it a bit of weathering, mainly to tone down the 'glossy' finish - not at all realistic, plus I like to weather everything on the layout!

Let me know if you fancy a trip sometime for a visit!

A shame that I don't have any exhibitions closer to you!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

A new transfer from Kernow to Orchard Road ...

More photos to follow when I get the layout back up in the garage and can sort the lighting out! Not so easy to photograph at exhibitions.

post-7854-0-56989500-1344180220.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Tumblehome to bogie gap is huge on 37038 compared to 37251 - had a go at lowering them with a moderate amount of success filing the bogie tower seating bosses down.

All in all good quality stuff.

Ian

hi Ian

The 37038 is the older Bachmann model. Not sure if I want to go modifying the loco to be honest, but may have look one day....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thats a lovely shunter Richard. I hope the exhibition went well for yourself & OR. It was nice to catch up (albeit briefly) :D

I see what you mean when you said it was blue(ish)

Cheers,

~ Gary

Hi Gary,

Was good to see you. Just was another busy day and didn't get much chance to see you later in the day.

Yes, certainly 'blue-ish' - the weathered faded blue looks quite good, but improved with the additional weathering. As mentioned, I will try and get some better photos in the next week or so.

Edited by mudmagnet
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hey Mudmagnet, do you have any pics of underneath your layout of the wiring?

Cheers

Jack

Hi Jack

Sorry, I don't have any photos underneath.

To be honest, the wiring is not very neat ...

This was the first DCC layout that I wired up and probably should have made a better job of it in the first place. The position of the bus-wires and then the droppers from each rail need to be sorted to be honest.

I am seriously considering a re-wire of the bus wire - i.e. running new bus wires and then soldering the existing droppers to the new bus wires in a neater fashion.

Can I suggest having a look at Ray's wiring on Yard Shunter - considerably neater than my wiring.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A few photos of the 'new' 03 which will make visits to Orchard Road.

post-7854-0-78781300-1346506368.jpg

post-7854-0-95869600-1346506372.jpg

post-7854-0-42258100-1346506376.jpg

post-7854-0-95756200-1346506379.jpg

post-7854-0-52599400-1346506383.jpg

post-7854-0-26596800-1346506387.jpg

This is the Bachmann 03 - the latest weathered version, which I've add a little more weathering. This has been fitted with the Bachmann 6-pin decoder, which is easy to fit (takes longer getting the body on and off). A few small issues to sort on the runner at the moment as it is a little jerky at times - possibly a slight issue with the quartering which does not look quite right. A little more running in may help.

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Richard

I like the pics inside of the shed with the light comeing through the roof.

RAY70B

Thanks Ray,

I'm quite pleased with the effect, but still need to spend a bit more time with the photography / light source to get the final effect that I am looking to achieve, but getting closer!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Love the colour shot of the 03 outside the shed, steeped in detail around the loco and the weathering job is pretty good too mate

Neil, thanks.

The loco started out as the 'weathered' Bachmann version, with faded blue and I've just added a little more weathering.

Excellent - plagiarism of internal shed details commencing.... :)

Carry on by all means! Good to read that the shed details are inspirational!

• Like 1