Christmas Eve Shopper Bachmann Tram.

Widnes Model Centre

Hi all,

Very strange post and forgive me for posting this:

Mid-afternoon, three brothers came to the shop who had never visited before. They brought items to the till, one of which was a Bachmann Tram. We had two in the shop and asked if we would do a discount for the two. I agreed as one brother said he would buy it for the other as it was such a good price. 

Upon tilling up at the end of the day we discovered the till was down. It was down by the exact amount of the first Bachmann tram. We reviewed the CCTV and we can see my wife putting the tram through the till. She however did not take payment but handed it over in a bag.

My wife has not been very well for quite some time and this has really upset her as she knows that every penny counts.

It is quite clear from the actions of the customer that this is a genuine mistake and there is clearly no intent to evade payment. They did say they would be back and I believe this to be the case.

The brother mentioned RM Web and I hope he sees this and contacts us. It would certainly cheer my wife up.

Barry

Widnes Model Centre

Hi

Yes it was me and my brothers. I have spoken to him and he queried had he paid with your wife who confirmed he had. I have spoken to my brother who is happy for me to pm his mobile number to you if you would ring him for card details next week.

Cheers

Mark

Hi

Yes it was me and my brothers. I have spoken to him and he queried had he paid with your wife who confirmed he had. I have spoken to my brother who is happy for me to pm his mobile number to you if you would ring him for card details next week.

Cheers

Mark

Incidentally I only found this post as I had searched Widnes model centre to post a review of today's visit!

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Ah the power of rmweb! It's difficult being on a till and being sociable at the same time...wits are required to avoid errors.

It's great to hear an issue like this can easily be resolved... Restores faith in human nature. Happy Christmas everyone!

• Like 2

Hi

Cheers

Mark

Incidentally I only found this post as I had searched Widnes model centre to post a review of today's visit!

Hi Mark,

You have just made Gill cry for the second time today, you won't believe how her mood has changed since reading this. Thank you so, so much. She is on a slow recovery and this almost sent her backwards. Was the review going to be good or bad? :-)

Hi Mark,

You have just made Gill cry for the second time today, you won't believe how her mood has changed since reading this. Thank you so, so much. She is on a slow recovery and this almost sent her backwards. Was the review going to be good or bad? :-)

Clearly good! Robert has a till receipt so I guess it went through the till but not the card machine?

Mark

Ah the power of rmweb! It's difficult being on a till and being sociable at the same time...wits are required to avoid errors.

It's great to hear an issue like this can easily be resolved... Restores faith in human nature. Happy Christmas everyone!

I read your post before giving my reply Phil. As you rightly point out being on a till and having such nice people come into the shop. Yes, it was the power of RM Web and the honesty of one of its members. Happy Christmas everyone indeed!

• Like 1

Clearly good! Robert has a till receipt so I guess it went through the till but not the card machine?

Mark

Correct Mark. What makes my day, having seen your posts... I have now met reevesthecat.... :-)

I feel like Tiny Tim now!! God Bless Everyone....

Edited to add good warm feeling. :imsohappy: 

Edited by Widnes Model Centre
  • Like 3

Just sat here next to my layout having slathered more plaster on it, looking at a little blue Bachmann tram, suddenly I had a thought 'Oh crap! I best ring up Widnes Model Center and pay for that!!'

All done, and happy new year everybody!!

Rob

Thanks Rob, you made Gill laugh. After she came off the phone.... can you ring on the mobile? You had to be at this end to understand what she meant. Thank you and Mark ever so much. Hopefully you will return....

Happy New Year to the 3 Musketeers.

Edited by Widnes Model Centre
  • Like 3

Thanks Rob, you made Gill laugh. After she came off the phone.... can you ring on the mobile? You had to be at this end to understand what she meant. Thank you and Mark ever so much. Hopefully you will return....

Happy New Year to the 3 Musketeers.

Looks like Gill missed out on her hug due to Rob being snowed in in Buxton!

Yes we will return like the proverbial bad penny.

Glad all sorted

Cheers

Mark

I just came across this post, what a nice heart warming ending, there are many honest people out there, a lot more good ones than there are the bad ones

The human race isn't all that bad, though it is hard not to be cynical in these times with what we see and hear via the media.

Well done to all, and i hope Gill gets on the full road to recovery.

Best regards for 2018

Craig.

• Like 3

As 2017 draws to a close a lot of us will be reflecting on the past year and looking forward to 2018. Many of the above posts and messages have made me realise that there are many people we have met that we wouldn't have done, had we not opened our shop. The messages of support have been very well received and we would like to end the year by thanking all of you. The Three Musketeers have certainly put a smile back on Gill's face. Without going into too much detail, Gill and I both worked in a sector that most people would say that they don't know how we did our jobs. Looking back, neither do we.

Looking forward to 2018. The shop looks like a plague of non modellers have stripped it for presents. Suppliers please note, models are for life, not just Christmas, please can you send supplies? Hopefully this time next year we will have seen some Humbrol matt black acrylic. But in just over a weeks time the new releases will be announced along with the delivery of what we call "The laminated books of dreams and broken promises". Some call them 2018 Catalogues.

Happy New Year to all involved in RM Web.

Barry, Gill and Thomas.

• Like 5