• RMweb Gold

The 2P looks very good Jonathan. I've had one in my ebay watch list for a while now I might take the plunge and buy it. I will scratch build the chassis if I do though as I like to have either springing or compensation in my locos and I'm working in EM.

Regards Lez. 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, lezz01 said:

The 2P looks very good Jonathan. I've had one in my ebay watch list for a while now I might take the plunge and buy it. I will scratch build the chassis if I do though as I like to have either springing or compensation in my locos and I'm working in EM.

Regards Lez. 

It's not bad for a printed body, Lez. It needs a bit of smoothing down and the boiler bands are very prominent and need reducing. There's plenty of room in the body for some mass over the wheels if you're building your own chassis.

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

It's not bad for a printed body, Lez. It needs a bit of smoothing down and the boiler bands are very prominent and need reducing. There's plenty of room in the body for some mass over the wheels if you're building your own chassis.

Good too know, thanks Jonathan. Of course the option is the London Road Models kit.

Regards Lez.

Edited by lezz01
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The thing that impresses me about the backscene is that it makes the layout deeper than it is particularly around the station building.

DSC00016.JPG.4369df3f1eb1c64e938cedb0089935a0.JPG 

It's only 2' wide at this point.

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

The thing that impresses me about the backscene is that it makes the layout deeper than it is

Isn’t that the purpose, as much as cutting off the intrusion of the external environment?

But yes, yours is particularly impressive.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Rowsley17D said:

The thing that impresses me about the backscene is that it makes the layout deeper than it is particularly around the station building.

DSC00016.JPG.4369df3f1eb1c64e938cedb0089935a0.JPG 

It's only 2' wide at this point.

Very nice indeed Jonathan!

Jay

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I am very sorry to hear this Jonathan, really worrying news, I like many on here I am sure have been inspired by watching and following your lovely modelling of the LMS in its glory days--wishing you well for a full and speedy recovery, and more amazing LMS Derwent Spa scenes to come.

all the best,

Keith

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Jonathan, from much nearer the Crook O' Lune.

Here's to seeing more of you and your inspiring work on rmweb.

Edited by MrWolf
Missing words
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Gents, thank you all for your concern. I had a phone call booking a PET scan for this Wednesday at Preston so, as I have found over the past two years, the NHS in this part of the world are not hanging around. Once the results are known I'll post further details.

In the meantime, I am re-motoring one of my 1P tanks. I've just got to get the right amount of slop in the crank pin holes without over-doing it. Another job is to glue the new backscene to the bendy MDF where the double-sided tape has failed to hold in a small number of places. I'm going to experiment with Copydex but getting hold of some has been problematic, but I have secured  some now.

• Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold

1P 1420 has now been re-motored and anew High Level Road Runner gearbox fitted. Here she is accelerating away from platform 2 with the branch motor train.

DSC00027.JPG.5087c92d24e1fdfde5e0137d0937de28.JPG

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 1