Roadrunner? Beep! Beep!

Pretty much everything else has been hotrodded over the years, why not model trains?

I'm looking forward to seeing what my cobbled together Beyer Peacock 0-4-4 will be capable of.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Half an hour after getting off a service train at Kirkby Stephen I caught 35018 British India Line heading for Carlisle. No diesel on the rear either.

DSC00030.JPG.7c54fc7e333a97542c75e6e5b270781a.JPG

DSC00031.JPG.a8f79e7a6f4ad5c418ea9594f6ce38d3.JPG

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

I was there with CRAG pondering how to get a 12' wide layout into a 10' wide garden room.

DSC00032.JPG.99431905da27d74402006cf21abf8641.JPG

Cut two holes, and box the fiddle yard in with waterproof material…?

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Btw, is that layout based on a real location? It puts me in mind of the Ingleton branch in some ways.

10 hours ago, Portchullin Tatty said:

Oh, I recognise that!!!  Fair few of my hours have gone into it.

Very keen to see how the layout develops.

I'll let you explain what the layout is of unless you want me to spill the beans.......

Mark

The station is based on Killiecrankie and the viaduct is the one near the Struan Inn at Calvine. It's P4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, MrWolf said:

A fine excuse to run pre grouping Scottish locos and stock? That would definitely get my attention.

The group offered a variety of helpful and unhelpful suggestions. It is hoped to exhibit the layout in its current form when complete with the present fiddle yard but when it is at home there could be pivoted storage boards at each end. I think it will be initially green diesels, as this is what the owner has.

Edited by Rowsley17D
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Bit late to the party but those views at Kirkby Stephen look a bit familiar. As do the threatening clouds!

That's a good looking modular layout, with an interesting viaduct, you were working on.

J.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

At long last I now have a dedicated Programming Track. It's the dead-end siding off the storage yard turntable. Its droppers were disconnected from the main bus and wired via a DPDT switch which was installed on the control panel.

DSC00044.thumb.JPG.f5b008c28ccf656287ffdb92d033c0d3.JPG

Back on the layout an ex-Midland motor train is shunted into the bay ready for its next working.

744422946_DSC00041(3).thumb.JPG.cb3f9d52edb6a66879e45aaa9e9fb637.JPG

• Like 15

On 21/06/2022 at 16:34, Rowsley17D said:

Back on the layout an ex-Midland motor train is shunted into the bay ready for its next working.

744422946_DSC00041(3).thumb.JPG.cb3f9d52edb6a66879e45aaa9e9fb637.JPG

Missed the caption and thought I was looking at a colourised period photo there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Missed the caption and thought I was looking at a colourised period photo there!

Thanks.

It's my new camera. It's either not a good as thought it would be or I haven't learnt to use it properly!

• RMweb Gold

The liver is, given time, able to regenerate itself, so as long as the there is enough of it which is not infected, and as long as the tumour hasn’t metastasised, then the prognosis is good, but not hanging about is the order of the day!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

That's good news really Jonathan. The liver is one of very few organs in the body that will regenerate as Regularity says. The only other one I can think of is the olfactory nerve. Speed is essential in these maters, as long as there is around 1/3 to 1/2 of the liver left it should regenerate. I wish you all the best in your opp and pray that HE holds his hand over you.

Regards Lez.    

Edited by lezz01
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Rowsley17D said:

Thanks.

It's my new camera. It's either not a good as thought it would be or I haven't learnt to use it properly!

Ooh. I meant it looked practically indistinguishable from the real thing! I didn’t mean to criticise the camera or photographer!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Ooh. I meant it looked practically indistinguishable from the real thing! I didn’t mean to criticise the camera or photographer!

No negative criticism taken. The new camera isn't as point and click friendly as my old one and, of course, the instructions are on the maker's website.