D&S Models

Rumblestripe

• RMweb Premium

Coopercraft are probably not at Scale4 North - assuming the info has come from his website.

All of the other exhibitions he lists are for 2014 .  The Scale4 North just gives the April dates but no year.  Scale4 North in 2014 just happened to be the same dates as this year.

Coopercraft are probably not at Scale4 North - assuming the info has come from his website.

All of the other exhibitions he lists are for 2014 .  The Scale4 North just gives the April dates but no year.  Scale4 North in 2014 just happened to be the same dates as this year.

its in the guide for 2018 see here  https://www.scalefour.org/shows/shows.html

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Have just completed a D&S GCR CCT and next in my stash is a GNR horsebox.

Unfortunately the kit is complete but for an instruction sheet. Figured out most of it but if anyone could PM me a copy I would be most grateful.

Thanks Jonathan, 

I find D&S kits rather addictive.... though I haven't pushed mine any further to completion but this week appears to be the week that my etch building withdrawal symptoms seem to be increasing so it may end up with a order to Alan Gibson for the bits I need and a coach kit being pulled out and attacked. IF the symptoms last long enough I may even finish off a few others! 

• Like 1

"I find D&S kits rather addictive...."Tell me about it.

Jonathan, are you a qualified model therapist? As we know Danny is the only responsible dealer.... and we certainly don't want any knock offs!

• RMweb Gold

I wonder how many D&S kits are bought from Danny to re-sell on eBay?

Fun you should say that,  but after the last list was issued there were 2 examples on ebay within weeks of one particular diagram, The pics looked remarkably similar to the contents of mine...

• RMweb Gold

Capitalism, quick buck, etc.

Exploiting someone's (Dan's) goodwill. It's one thing selling old kits that have been around for a while, but buying specifically to re-sell at a profit grinds my gears.

Absolutely, fair enough if you buy for a project that never gets going, and so you sell up but sadly there's no way to police such a thing. Not that it's illegal anyway, but definitely not the most scrupulous of things to do IMHO.

If Dan were to post some of his kits in there to sell himself, that would be fine (especially if those of us who are happy to send him a cheque still got them at the non auction price!) that would be a different matter entirely of course.

I look forward to his next list appearing, and no doubt posting a letter and stocking up on some more brown boxes!

Cheers

J

Exploiting someone's (Dan's) goodwill. It's one thing selling old kits that have been around for a while, but buying specifically to re-sell at a profit grinds my gears.

This happens all the time and in most spheres of commerce. in another way these folk are providing a service to those who buy and increasing the profits of the produced and no I am not one who is doing this

Many people are time poor and get someone else to do the work for them, quite often they can earn far more doing their own job than the additional expense of what is the commission in acquiring the item(s). We may agree or disagree with the business model, but rest assured it will only survive if customers feel it is a worthwhile service

The better half and I enjoy watching a certain person who travels the country buying items then reselling them at great profit, the restoration processes some of the items require are both interesting and maybe of use in the future. But basically this company has built up a brand which can obtain a premium price for its products, which is what the kit speculators are doing. Will it last is another question

I look for old kits and I have noticed that rare ones do sell for a premium on places like eBay, but once others see the value of a certain  item, they put their own  one up for sale as others do, this depresses the value of said items.

For example I have just bought a K's 42/52/72xx loco kit (partially built) for £50.50 inc postage, up to a few months ago these were changing hands from £90+  to over £100 plus postage. When demand is higher than supply prices rise, but in time the market usually rectifies itself