Annie's Virtual Pre-Grouping, Grouping and BR Layouts & Workbench

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Edwardian said:

No, snow and ice, not rain, was his downfall ...

The 'Flying Kipper' accident.  The only problem is I'd have to find a model of Henry before he got his new shape at Crewe.  The only one I've found so far hasn't been done properly so I'd have to do a 'Flying Kipper' in the snow without accidents instead.

B2Gw7ZM.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

This is a pre-Crewe rebuild Henry that I've found (also available in blue) which has been creatively provided with a GNR inspired cab.  It certainly is an interesting interpretation.

I haven't given this Henry a run yet, - which should be interesting since he has a three cylinder sound file and a Gresley A3 engine spec.

lg7loOF.jpg

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 hours ago, Annie said:

This is a pre-Crewe rebuild Henry that I've found (also available in blue) which has been creatively provided with a GNR inspired cab.  It certainly is an interesting interpretation.

I haven't given this Henry a run yet, - which should be interesting since he has a three cylinder sound file and a Gresley A3 engine spec.

lg7loOF.jpg

This Henry should take off like a V2!

(LNER nomenclature, that is...)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Hroth said:

This Henry should take off like a V2!

It certainly runs well.  Different to drive as compared with the green 5MT version of Henry, but not overpowered in a silly way either.

I found the perfect cab interior for this Henry as well.  An interior intended for a GNR C1 Atlantic was a completely spot on fit which is very pleasing.  Unfortunately the green 5MT Henry rebuild can't be fitted with a cab interior due to the way Cameron Scott set up its body mesh so driving from the footplate isn't possible.

z46Gqo1.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I've just posted a photo of a Great Western broad gauge express on the down fast somewhere between Slough and Reading, I think, in the "Midland Railway Company" topic. I fear I may be hounded from my MRS position...

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

I've just posted a photo of a Great Western broad gauge express on the down fast somewhere between Slough and Reading, I think, in the "Midland Railway Company" topic. I fear I may be hounded from my MRS position...

Oh dear........ 😬

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A worried little engine disturbed by the thought that it might be a heretic. 

This is 'Barry' who was invented by Christopher Awdry for a book about an Ivatt Riddles 2MT that was rescued from Barry scrapyard.  Apart from the almost religious question as to whether or not the works of the son can be joined to those of the father, - there is the fact that Christopher Awdy's publishers refused his manuscript because they said that children wanted more Thomas and not another engine. 

This topic has been much discussed amongst Sudrian Railways enthusiasts and not surprisingly a sizeable body of fan art of varying quality has been produced representing 'Barry the Rescued Engine'.  And as you can see here a digital model for the Trainz simulator as well.

I had all kinds of puzzle solving fun trying to get 'Barry' to function as he should.  Apart from the usual nonsense with a Gresley V2 engine spec and a 3 cylinder sound file that had to be changed for the correct 2MT files there was the matter of TRS19 dependencies having been specified for a TS2009 engine.  BUT after a lot of messing about I was able to get Barry loaded properly into TANE without any errors being thrown up.  Something didn't seem quite right though.....  The buffers were lower than they should be..... and the footplate crews heads were awfully close to the cab roof.

It was when I came to investigate the absence of a cab interior and I chose the usual one I've used on the Ivatt 2MTs running on my early BR layouts that all was revealed.  Barry was about three quarters the size he should be.  I even went and got one of my 2MTs placing it alongside Barry to check.  I can only conclude that someone must've resized a drawing and got it wrong.

Not sure what to do with a Ivatt  Riddles 1½MT I thought I'd better give it a test run.  356 tons on the drawbar might have been a wee bit heavy for this engine, but Barry was managing to cope and could maintain a speed of around 25 mph on DCC.  Knowing that Trainz DCC can sometimes cheat and make an incapable engine look semi-wonderful I changed over to the steam control set.  Barry made hard work of getting underway, but once moving could maintain 22 mph at around 110 lbs boiler pressure.  A spot of coal gobbling was going on, but I wasn't thrashing this poor wee engine since I was keeping the cut off at around 30%-34%.

I don't know what I'm going to do with Barry, - though he can't do much harm running about on Tristyn in Winter, - so he might as well stay there for the meantime.

OG1cOEv.jpg

WkdXGM1.jpg

vZ1A1r1.jpg

Edited by Annie
Um.........
  • Like 8

On 25/06/2023 at 14:19, Annie said:

lg7loOF.jpg

It looks very funny (and I do not mean the face on it), as if the rear wheels will rock the grate. Is this based on something real?

Regards

Fred

6 hours ago, Annie said:

A worried little engine disturbed by the thought that it might be a heretic. 

This is 'Barry' who was invented by Christopher Awdry for a book about an Ivatt 2MT that was rescued from Barry scrapyard.  Apart from the almost religious question as to whether or not the works of the son can be joined to those of the father, - there is the fact that Christopher Awdy's publishers refused his manuscript because they said that children wanted more Thomas and not another engine. 

This topic has been much discussed amongst Sudrian Railways enthusiasts and not surprisingly a sizeable body of fan art of varying quality has been produced representing 'Barry the Rescued Engine'.  And as you can see here a digital model for the Trainz simulator as well.

I had all kinds of puzzle solving fun trying to get 'Barry' to function as he should.  Apart from the usual nonsense with a Gresley V2 engine spec and a 3 cylinder sound file that had to be changed for the correct 2MT files there was the matter of TRS19 dependencies having been specified for a TS2009 engine.  BUT after a lot of messing about I was able to get Barry loaded properly into TANE without any errors being thrown up.  Something didn't seem quite right though.....  The buffers were lower than they should be..... and the footplate crews heads were awfully close to the cab roof.

It was when I came to investigate the absence of a cab interior and I chose the usual one I've used on the Ivatt 2MTs running on my early BR layouts that all was revealed.  Barry was about three quarters the size he should be.  I even went and got one of my 2MTs placing it alongside Barry to check.  I can only conclude that someone must've resized a drawing and got it wrong.

Not sure what to do with a Ivatt 1½MT I thought I'd better give it a test run.  356 tons on the drawbar might have been a wee bit heavy for this engine, but Barry was managing to cope and could maintain a speed of around 25 mph on DCC.  Knowing that Trainz DCC can sometimes cheat and make an incapable engine look semi-wonderful I changed over to the steam control set.  Barry made hard work of getting underway, but once moving could maintain 22 mph at around 110 lbs boiler pressure.  A spot of coal gobbling was going on, but I wasn't thrashing this poor wee engine since I was keeping the cut off at around 30%-34%.

I don't know what I'm going to do with Barry, - though he can't do much harm running about on Tristyn in Winter, - so he might as well stay there for the meantime.

OG1cOEv.jpg

WkdXGM1.jpg

vZ1A1r1.jpg

Well, regardless of whether Barry is canon, I have difficulty in believing that the NWR could run without borrowed locomotives, and, indeed, strangers (diesels) turn up on the NWR from time to time in the stories. Thus, I really have no difficulty with a  - what was it? - '2MT' running on the NWR, even if it appears to be designed by the wrong Ivatt. 

Apropos rescue engines, there were more locomotives on Sodor than were ever given names and stories (or running numbers), they appear in The Three Railway Engines, but thereafter they were de-emphasised in a sinister Stalinist way:

20230627_154443.jpg.98831d7071acf7736e3021f8e6f8d240.jpg

The Rev. Awdry once said in response to readers' enquiries that they were sent away, however, I am tempted to rescue the three railway engines here seen between Henry and Gordon

Decoding C Reginald Dalby's charming, but railway-illiterate, proportionally-challenged and inconsistent depictions of the engines requires a certain open-mindedness and serenity of soul. Nevertheless, I think we might manage to identify them as something.  

I am tempted to see the two blue locomotives as outside cylinder 4-6-0s. I wonder what firebox shape they would have? A belpaire, like James, a rather LNER round-top or perhaps there was once a house style with them looking like Gordon's and Henry's. In LNER terms, it would be as if Ivatt (the right one this time) had designed a B17.  

PMP12-16(1).jpg.8841e92a7ce31b2f10cbc1b5eee2dc26.jpg

If looking for LMS, rather than LNER inspiration:

image.png.38a92aafe8974370f4433a0286d061e9.png

20230627_154443-Copy.jpg.426da685e8092a73146258d0ed1f8e10.jpg

The red engine might be assumed to be James. Even though James doesn't turn up until the second book, in which he starts off as black, an unmistakable James is seen in the first book, trying to push Henry and train out of the tunnel.  This red engine un the shed, however, looks to be another bogie class, inside cylinder this time, and a little smaller than the flanking blue engines. Perhaps either a larger more modern 4-4-0 or a smaller 4-6-0. 

Perhaps something akin to a S69/B12 but with the running plate dropping at the front, rather than over the front couple wheels?

image.png.8a6391db2ca5101c9754b921d4246ec6.png

And here, what a cheery innocent face. Little does he know the fate that awaits him .... so, work out what he is and rescue him and his chums, I say!

20230627_154757.jpg.12adf6117c7680c559ea6b6bac401dd8.jpg

Note in The Three Railway Engines, Gordon appears to have Walschaerts valve gear (or as near as the artist felt like getting), as one would expect from an LNER Pacific. On later stories, he doesn't, necessitating all sorts of explanation. I would just take a GNR/LNER A1 and repaint blue!  

EDIT: Hornby appears to be about to release a '2MT', which looks to me to be of the Barry-ilk, so, presumably, the OO modeller will have this canon/semi-canon/non-canon/nonetheless plausible motive power supplement. 

image.png.1505f99282ec84b5cd59a2ef9ca75ab5.png

Edited by Edwardian
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, sncf231e said:

It looks very funny (and I do not mean the face on it), as if the rear wheels will rock the grate. Is this based on something real?

Regards

Fred

It's largely a digital modeller's at best interpretation of an artist's confection Fred.  C Reginald Dalby was notorious for his inconsistent depictions of engines in the early RWS books as well as being generally careless of whether the engines he painted could actually function.

It's thought amongst the Sudrian kindred that both Henry and Gordon might have been based on this early GNR A1 Pacific drawing.

Edit:  In some ways I think Henry would have been better represented as a C1 Atlantic.

Nl8SgTU.jpg

An illustration of pre-Crewe rebuild Henry in NWR blue.  Even here the cab on blue Henry is different to the one on green 'Flying Kipper' Henry.

MOyk8uM.jpg

Edited by Annie
More words needed.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Edwardian said:

Well, regardless of whether Barry is canon, I have difficulty in believing that the NWR could run without borrowed locomotives, and, indeed, strangers (diesels) turn up on the NWR from time to time in the stories. Thus, I really have no difficulty with a  - what was it? - '2MT' running on the NWR, even if it appears to be designed by the wrong Ivatt. 

Well I'd certainly rather have Barry running about as a borrowed  Ivatt  Riddles 1½MT than have any dismals/diseasels on my layouts.  Certainly a good choice for working over branchlines which the Isle of Sodor seems to have several examples.

Apropos rescue engines, there were more locomotives on Sodor than were ever given names and stories (or running numbers), they appear in The Three Railway Engines, but thereafter they were de-emphasised in a sinister Stalinist way:

The Rev. Awdry once said in response to readers' enquiries that they were sent away, however, I am tempted to rescue the three railway engines here seen between Henry and Gordon

'They were sent away'; - the words drip with a barely concealed malevolence.  And I must agree that if a choice must be made between Gulag or rescue, - then rescue is the better option.  The size of the island and the miles of railway represented on the maps demand the existence of more engines than just the principal characters.  Smaller shunting and trip working engines would be needed as well since there would be far more traffic than Percy could ever handle on his own.

Decoding C Reginald Dalby's charming, but railway-illiterate, proportionally-challenged and inconsistent depictions of the engines requires a certain open-mindedness and serenity of soul. Nevertheless, I think we might manage to identify them as something.  

Definitely a worthwhile task to attempt.

I am tempted to see the two blue locomotives as outside cylinder 4-6-0s. I wonder what firebox shape they would have? A belpaire, like James, a rather LNER round-top or perhaps there was once a house style with them looking like Gordon's and Henry's. In LNER terms, it would be as if Ivatt (the right one this time) had designed a B17. 

I'm tempted to have at least one of them represented as a C1 Atlantic clone as I would think that an Atlantic might do better than a Pacific over some routes.  Apart from that I happen to like Atlantics.

I have a GNR-like Henry in blue that could become [your choice of name here] as the other 4-6-0.

I considered an LMS engine such as a Royal Scott, a Patriot or even a Claughton, but felt they didn't really fit that well with the ex-GNR Ivatt engine vibe of the early RWS books.

The red engine might be assumed to be James. Even though James doesn't turn up until the second book, in which he starts off as black, an unmistakable James is seen in the first book, trying to push Henry and train out of the tunnel.  This red engine un the shed, however, looks to be another bogie class, inside cylinder this time, and a little smaller than the flanking blue engines. Perhaps either a larger more modern 4-4-0 or a smaller 4-6-0. 

A Furness 'Seagull' in red perhaps.  I have a Furness version of Edward already so perhaps that might work out nicely.  Or if something later is needed a D16/3 rebuild perhaps since I've got some of those.  Painting an ex-GER engine red though..... I could end up getting kicked out of the GER Society. 

A Deeley 2P might be a safer bet since they were starting to be displaced and withdrawn about this time if we're talking about the early BR years for the NWR to be borrowing engines.

And here, what a cheery innocent face. Little does he know the fate that awaits him .... so, work out what he is and rescue him and his chums, I say!

20230627_154757.jpg.12adf6117c7680c559ea6b6bac401dd8.jpg

You are guilty of encouraging me James,  but then on the other hand I have been having a lot of fun with playing about with Sudrian railways and it's been a good cheer up for me while I haven't been so well.

Note in The Three Railway Engines, Gordon appears to have Walschaerts valve gear (or as near as the artist felt like getting), as one would expect from an LNER Pacific. On later stories, he doesn't, necessitating all sorts of explanation. I would just take a GNR/LNER A1 and repaint blue!  

This is essentially what old grumpy here is, - an ex-GNR A1 fitted up with NWR rectangular buffers. 

cUPVlQV.jpg

I have a more 'correct' version of Gordon by Cameron Scott, but I decided on this ex-GNR version by wildnorwester since that's plainly what Dalby was attempting to draw.

HBXdcWu.jpg

Edited by Annie
added a picture, wrote more words
  • Agree 1

Hornby appears to be about to release a '2MT', which looks to me to be of the Barry-ilk, so, presumably, the OO modeller will have this canon/semi-canon/non-canon/nonetheless plausible motive power supplement. 

image.png.1505f99282ec84b5cd59a2ef9ca75ab5.png

The Hornby 2MT is one of the Riddles "Standard" locos for British Railways.

The Ivatt 2MT is somewhat identical.....

image.png.1eb521f71c6abbaa96688411890d3816.png

but is made by Bachmann.

I was thinking of getting one of the Hornby ones when they were first announced, however time and price hikes put paid to that.  Its cheaper to get a Bachmann Ivatt!

"Barry" is definitely inspired by the Riddles design, especially the sloping bottom of the cab and lacking the stepped running board over the cylinders. Also, the Western Region had some Riddles 2MTs so its reasonable for one to end up at Barry!

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Hroth said:

"Barry" is definitely inspired by the Riddles design, especially the sloping bottom of the cab and lacking the stepped running board over the cylinders. Also, the Western Region had some Riddles 2MTs so its reasonable for one to end up at Barry!

Three Riddles 2MT's were purchased from Barry scrapyard and have been preserved and are in working order.  One other is in process of rebuilt into the tank engine version.   Possibly that's where Christopher Awdry got the idea for his book from.

The Western Region ones were painted in lined green in defiance of BR management and they had a number of detail variations to the rest of the class once Swindon Works got at them.  I have one on my 1950s WR layout 'Ashington'.

Edit: I should amend my scribble to 'Riddles' instead of Ivatt.

Edited by Annie
More words needed.
  • Like 1

Initially the WR toed the BR party line, freight was unlined black, mixed traffic lined black and express got lined green.  Then they decided that black was boring and anything that had the remotest possibility of hauling passengers got lined green!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Annie said:

Well I'd certainly rather have Barry running about as a borrowed  Ivatt  Riddles 1½MT than have any dismals/diseasels on my layouts.  Certainly a good choice for working over branchlines which the Isle of Sodor seems to have several examples.

Me too

2 hours ago, Annie said:

'They were sent away'; - the words drip with a barely concealed malevolence.  And I must agree that if a choice must be made between Gulag or rescue, - then rescue is the better option.  The size of the island and the miles of railway represented on the maps demand the existence of more engines than just the principal characters.  Smaller shunting and trip working engines would be needed as well since there would be far more traffic than Percy could ever handle on his own.

Yes, I have always felt that, and it makes sense to me to look to the original illustrations that captured that sense of being part of a larger railway with an appropriate stud. If at one end f the island we have capacity for 6 tender engines in a shed, we might expect more at the other end. 

Here we see three named characters and three others. If you added a second shed with the other three named tender engines - Donald, Douglas and James, there is room for a further three! 

Did all the tender engines fetch all their coaches ever after once Thomas gained his branch line? Surely at some stage the Big Station gained a replacement station pilot? And might there have been more than one station with this requirement?  Christopher introduced an Austerity saddle tank named Wilbert, so depending on one's views  on either canon or on extrapolation based on the original illustrations, there is a potential candidate. 

And who worked the NWR share of the BR-joint commuter trains at the east end of Sodor?

2 hours ago, Annie said:

Definitely a worthwhile task to attempt.

I'm tempted to have at least one of them represented as a C1 Atlantic clone as I would think that an Atlantic might do better than a Pacific over some routes.  Apart from that I happen to like Atlantics.

I have a GNR-like Henry in blue that could become [your choice of name here] as the other 4-6-0.

I considered an LMS engine such as a Royal Scott, a Patriot or even a Claughton, but felt they didn't really fit that well with the ex-GNR Ivatt engine vibe of the early RWS books.

I agree. Because it's the north west, I have looked at a number of LMS and constituent designs, but I do feel that the LNER aesthetic better fits with the illustrations.

I am coming round to the idea of a small class of 4-6-0s and/or 4-4-2s that have an Ivatt GNR look, but with twin side-window cabs. 

Again, for a 4-6-0, a B17 in an Ivatt style but with a Worsdell cab is still working for me as an idea. Something the NWR could conceivably have outside contractors built using adapted, borrowed LNER/Doncaster drawings. 

2 hours ago, Annie said:

A Furness 'Seagull' in red perhaps.  I have a Furness version of Edward already so perhaps that might work out nicely.  Or if something later is needed a D16/3 rebuild perhaps since I've got some of those.  Painting an ex-GER engine red though..... I could end up getting kicked out of the GER Society. 

A Deeley 2P might be a safer bet since they were starting to be displaced and withdrawn about this time if we're talking about the early BR years for the NWR to be borrowing engines.

The red engine goes not seem to have such a large or high-pitched boiler as the flanking blue engines, but is clearly newer and larger than Edward (Furness k2 Large Seagull). I can see it as a 4-4-0, perhaps the larger Furness types?

image.png.6da1c8241b7f559a4d49578a0646c8b5.png

If an Atlantic were desired, a small one would seem a better fit.

image.png.3f33bdf7dcbc4b80b8c01722fcac80a5.png

EDIT: How about a nice Beyer Peacock 4-6-0? Built 1908, 1914, 1920 for the Netherlands

image.png.254ef41e93bc845bbb36a2bc2fdf9dcc.png

Edited by Edwardian
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Edwardian said:

Did all the tender engines fetch all their coaches ever after once Thomas gained his branch line? Surely at some stage the Big Station gained a replacement station pilot? And might there have been more than one station with this requirement?  Christopher introduced an Austerity saddle tank named Wilbert, so depending on one's views  on either canon or on extrapolation based on the original illustrations, there is a potential candidate. 

Yes I have been considering 'Wilbert' mainly because an Austerity saddle tank is a sensible choice for the NWR unlike much of the strange foolishness that came about later once control left the Awdry family's hands.  While searching for 'Wilbert' I found another Christopher Awdry Austerity saddle tank named 'Sheffield' No.14 so that one will be useful too.

2 hours ago, Edwardian said:

I agree. Because it's the north west, I have looked at a number of LMS and constituent designs, but I do feel that the LNER aesthetic better fits with the illustrations.

I am coming round to the idea of a small class of 4-6-0s and/or 4-4-2s that have an Ivatt GNR look, but with twin side-window cabs. 

Again, for a 4-6-0, a B17 in an Ivatt style but with a Worsdell cab is still working for me as an idea. Something the NWR could conceivably have outside contractors built using adapted, borrowed LNER/Doncaster drawings. 

I like your modified B17 4-6-0 ideas and with a Worsdell cab it would look a handsome engine indeed.

3 hours ago, Edwardian said:

The red engine goes not seem to have such a large or high-pitched boiler as the flanking blue engines, but is clearly newer and larger than Edward (Furness k2 Large Seagull). I can see it as a 4-4-0, perhaps the larger Furness types?

image.png.6da1c8241b7f559a4d49578a0646c8b5.png

If an Atlantic were desired, a small one would seem a better fit.

image.png.3f33bdf7dcbc4b80b8c01722fcac80a5.png

EDIT: How about a nice Beyer Peacock 4-6-0? Built 1908, 1914, 1920 for the Netherlands

image.png.254ef41e93bc845bbb36a2bc2fdf9dcc.png

I'm still looking about, but I'm not finding all that much.  The only GNR 'Atlantic' available is a large boilered C1.  Which is a pity really since the small boilered Atlantics are very attractive engines.

I did wonder about Robinson's D10 or D11 Directors as a possibility for a large modern 4-4-0  as for the Furness I have nothing larger than a large Seagull which is no improvement over Edward.

That Beyer Peacock 4-6-0 is a lovely thing and would be very suitable for the NWR.

In other news I stumbled across a driveable model of Bertie the bus so I'll be able to send the Daimler buses packing and install Bertie on the bus route instead.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The 'Wilbert' I found got the sack as it was one of those stupid CGI based things that bore little resemblance to an Austerity saddle tank.  While i couldn't find an acceptable 'Wilbert' I did find an Austerity saddle tank named 'Sheffield' which I think will do very nicely.

gjLAgRU.jpg

Then almost by accident I found this little 0-4-0 saddle tank simply named 'Pug'.  It's not any variety of officially recognised Sudrian railway engine as it's intended to be a borrowed engine.  In fact I've dubbed it 'Pug the Borrowed Engine'. The several people responsible for its creation plainly put quite a bit of thought into it going by the way it's been set up and detailed.  Out of the box it had somewhat of a glaring shine to it so I had to tone it down a bit.  Now Pug looks nicely clean as if it's been fussed over by the cleaning staff, but not to any kind of extreme degree. 

Pug didn't have a number when it arrived so I gave it one, - so I suppose somebody will now tell me that I've got it wrong.

iM4xjQw.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

That's the infamous picture where Henry's got Gordon's buffers. 

I don't suppose Gordon was exactly thrilled either. 

3 hours ago, Annie said:

The 'Wilbert' I found got the sack as it was one of those stupid CGI based things that bore little resemblance to an Austerity saddle tank.  While i couldn't find an acceptable 'Wilbert' I did find an Austerity saddle tank named 'Sheffield' which I think will do very nicely.

gjLAgRU.jpg

Good news

3 hours ago, Annie said:

Then almost by accident I found this little 0-4-0 saddle tank simply named 'Pug'.  It's not any variety of officially recognised Sudrian railway engine as it's intended to be a borrowed engine.  In fact I've dubbed it 'Pug the Borrowed Engine'. The several people responsible for its creation plainly put quite a bit of thought into it going by the way it's been set up and detailed.  Out of the box it had somewhat of a glaring shine to it so I had to tone it down a bit.  Now Pug looks nicely clean as if it's been fussed over by the cleaning staff, but not to any kind of extreme degree. 

Pug didn't have a number when it arrived so I gave it one, - so I suppose somebody will now tell me that I've got it wrong.

iM4xjQw.jpg

I would guess it is intended to pay homage to this:

20230628_094526.jpg.c7e16ae7d2688a0c08c0cfa83823c323.jpg

Here "Jinty" and "Pug" are seen arriving at the Ffarquhar branch junction as 'locum' engines while The Eight Famous Engines take their trip to the mainland. 

• Like 2