The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

RMWeb Gamer's Lounge.

Classsix T

• RMweb Premium

I did play the tutorial chapter and one other, but I'd started another run through of the Mass Effect Trilogy some days before (Vanguard Femshep, more Renegade than previous plays) which demanded completion.

The little I've played has impressed though and look forward to full indulgence once I've saved the Galaxy...again.

Grr, don't get me started on Mass Effect! Still annoyed with making a mess of 3 (although I spent a ridiculous amount of time on the multiplayer to the point where I could (sometimes) solo Platinum).

I'm still finding new bits to do in Mass Effect. I hadn't played the Arrival DLC for ME2 before, a welcome addition as it explains Shepard's situation at the start of ME3 and why he/she isn't flavour of the month with the Batarians. Though they're a grumpy bunch anyway.

C6T.

• RMweb Premium

I'm still finding new bits to do in Mass Effect. I hadn't played the Arrival DLC for ME2 before, a welcome addition as it explains Shepard's situation at the start of ME3 and why he/she isn't flavour of the month with the Batarians. Though they're a grumpy bunch anyway.

I haven't played Omega for ME3 (never liked Aria very much so didn't really want to pay full price and they've never put the DLCs on sale). There are some nice little bits hidden away here and there that I haven't discovered no doubt, different lines for different characters and so on. In ME3 get James to try to disable the AA guns on Rannoch :)

I seem to be the only person who didn't hate Andromeda. It wasn't particularly good but neither was it the complete disaster everyone seems to make it out to be. IMO it's biggest problem is that it wasn't really anything much, just a paint by numbers effort without much thought gone in to it.

Edited by Reorte

Yeh! Taking different squadmates on missions can be amusing. I took Legion to meet the Quarians, what a hoot!

I didn't mind Andromeda, as a game in itself, either. The lack of breaking new ground for the franchise is an opportunity lost though, but I put the blame squarely with EA for that not BioWare. Plus PeeBee isn't a patch on Liara.

C6T.

• RMweb Premium

Yeh! Taking different squadmates on missions can be amusing. I took Legion to meet the Quarians, what a hoot!

I didn't mind Andromeda, as a game in itself, either. The lack of breaking new ground for the franchise is an opportunity lost though, but I put the blame squarely with EA for that not BioWare. Plus PeeBee isn't a patch on Liara.

PeeBee was plain annoying. The doctor (can't remember her name) was one of the few asari I've not found rather annoying but was sadly underused, particularly considering her VA was probably the best known in the game.

I assume you've also tried taking Legion on to the Citadel? (might only get the line if it's your first visit to the Citadel, which makes the timing awkward).

PeeBee was plain annoying. The doctor (can't remember her name) was one of the few asari I've not found rather annoying but was sadly underused, particularly considering her VA was probably the best known in the game.

I assume you've also tried taking Legion on to the Citadel? (might only get the line if it's your first visit to the Citadel, which makes the timing awkward).

Lexi T'Perro apparently (via: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_Wiki) I must give that game another spin sometime.

Yeah, as I understand it, there's a limited time between picking up the Reaper IFF & Legion and launching the Suicide Mission unless you don't mind turning Kelly into mush...

Which is a shame as Legion is probably my favourite character, a childlike innocence and wonderment coupled with flawless logic.

A Google search tells me the Legion character in Red Dwarf 6 first aired in 1993, which predates Mass Effect by some margin, be nice to know if a cult British sit-com was instrumental in creation of a computer game icon.

C6T.

I've never got around to playing Andromeda, but the first 3 are among my favourite games ever. I'd like them even more if Wrex was available in more than just the first one.

I showed Mr sister in law how to make Mordin sing, and she did it enough to learn all the words. Brilliant games (except the requirement to do multiplayer in 3 to unlock some of the endings, what's that about?).

I haven't played Omega for ME3 (never liked Aria very much so didn't really want to pay full price and they've never put the DLCs on sale).

Whilst you'll not miss much by not playing Omega, Aria proves a capable biotic teammate, plus it introduces a female Turian and a Cerberus boss, who brings in some badass mech droids and a 'challenging' end of level tear-up. It does also go some way to flesh out Arias character and your in game decisions will affect how she decides to run Omega Station.

The carry-over to ME3 is some Eezo and a piddling amount of Cerberus intel (depending on in game choices).

Best part is finding Ms. T'Loak's Afterlife sofa, honest!

C6T.

I've never got around to playing Andromeda, but the first 3 are among my favourite games ever. I'd like them even more if Wrex was available in more than just the first one.

I showed Mr sister in law how to make Mordin sing, and she did it enough to learn all the words. Brilliant games (except the requirement to do multiplayer in 3 to unlock some of the endings, what's that about?).

Wrex is a pickable teammate in parts of the Identity Theft missions for ME3, after you've put the Normandy into re-fit and entered Anderson's apartment.

In fact he gets quite put-out if you don't choose him.

And he's in (non playable) Cure the Genophage, can invite to the Apartment Party too where he attempts to put Grunt in his place.

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the tip.

Had a couple of good games in survival, it was manic but great fun, I've played 3 times and each time everyone worked well together and we finished all 12 levels. Campaign co-op, only found 1 lobby with 1 player who was being a muppet so not had a lot of game time on that variation. Not found an overwatch lobby yet.

Missed this reply from way back! Did you manage to find an Overwatch game? They don't appear often so sometimes you have to create the game yourself and wait for someone to join. 

• RMweb Gold

Missed this reply from way back! Did you manage to find an Overwatch game? They don't appear often so sometimes you have to create the game yourself and wait for someone to join. 

Not played overwatch but played the others, had some really good games where people worked as a team but some lobbies were full of selfish players who didn't save their team mates, so a lot of waiting around - generally good fun though.

• RMweb Premium

You can get the "best" ending in 3 without multiplayer but you've got to pretty much do everything and make all the right choices (including one or two from earlier games), so it doesn't leave much room for exploring different choices.

Got to love Mordin singing, especially since it was so completely out of the blue! As much as I like her it was rather less cringey than Tali singing :)

• RMweb Premium

And he's in (non playable) Cure the Genophage, can invite to the Apartment Party too where he attempts to put Grunt in his place.

C6T.

Love Grunt's doorman part.

Come on, how long did you spend in the party doing the Grunt - Wrex - Shepard "conversation"? :) (not the main scripted one)

The main problem with andromdoma is its incredibly rushed development unlike inquisition that had 5 years, BioWare was given 3 by EA who 18 months before launch had the 60% game completely scrapped and told to start again hence why it feels so rushed. But I loved andromeda regardless it felt fresh, new and a nice direction to take the franchise that didn’t have to deal with the repercussions of the reaper war. But I love the ME universe and Dragon Age universe I’ve read most of the books etc but out of all the characters BioWare have created Varric from DA & Revan are still my favourite characters of all time.

On a side note I’m just playing AC odyssey and it’s now turned the AC franchise into a full RPG and it works incredibly well. Plus the story is really compelling with characters who you begin to genuinely care about.

Big James

You can get the "best" ending in 3 without multiplayer but you've got to pretty much do everything and make all the right choices (including one or two from earlier games), so it doesn't leave much room for exploring different choices.

Got to love Mordin singing, especially since it was so completely out of the blue! As much as I like her it was rather less cringey than Tali singing :)

There's a whole tree of consequences to which of the 3 you pick, that seems to be determined by multiplying your galactic readiness by that score that multiplayer gives you (I forget the name). Which seems perverse since the MP is a not very good shooter that's got nothing at all to do with the story.

• RMweb Premium

There's a whole tree of consequences to which of the 3 you pick, that seems to be determined by multiplying your galactic readiness by that score that multiplayer gives you (I forget the name). Which seems perverse since the MP is a not very good shooter that's got nothing at all to do with the story.

You can IIRC get all of them without multiplayer though, but multiplayer makes it a lot easier (to the point where it's probably impossible to get the lowest score ending if you've played it enough).

Not a very good shooter? Admittedly I've not got much to compare it with but I enjoyed it, even with some frustrating glitches (most of the worst of which got patched out eventually). Found it more fun than Andromeda's MP, where sniping never worked very well off-host for me and on-host it lagged too much for everyone else (my connection isn't great but it didn't have any problem with ME3's MP, but with more enemies and more freedom of movement I guess Andromeda puts more of a strain on it).

I'm glad it didn't have any relationship to the story, making MP integral to the story would've been annoying. As it is I can view it as a fun little extra.

Edited by Reorte

I only tried on-line Mass Effect (Andromeda I think) once. A f***ing Varren got in behind me and I was dead within 20 seconds. Never again.

Next playthrough I'm thinking of being the Illusive Asshat's puppet in ME2. Having already killed off the Council, execute the Rachni Queen, and Wrex on Virmire, install Udina, only do the human loyalty missions and generally be a knob to the alien races. And boff space racist Ashley Williams.

I'm not expecting a fantastic outcome for Earth frankly. Can I use the Shep edit tool to make him look like Trump!?

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T

It's not just the red/ green/ blue options though, the impact of each of those in the final cut scene is variable depending on how much MP you've done.

To be honest I couldn't really tell if it's a good shooter or not. I personally really dislike those kind of games. Mass effect is an RPG; if I wanted an FPS... Still, only a minor annoyance really, it's only endgame cut scenes that it really impacts.

I'm a PC gamer and my favourites are 'Project Cars' (Racing game), 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' (A game where you basically drive lorries laden with goods from place to place), 'Train Simulator', 'RollerCoaster Tycoon' (A classic theme park building game from back in the day when I was a teenager) and 'Transport Fever' (Basically a much, much better version of the classic Transport Tycoon).

Sam

Fired up GTA V for a bit of single player earlier, first time in ages.

Took a walk down Vinewood Boulevard, I'd never noticed before that all the stars in the pavement feature names from the series. Some are from V (such as Solomon Richards) but the vast number are from previous games. Anyone else remember Kent Paul and Candy Suxxx in Vice City and Couzin Ed on the radio in Vice City Stories? Brilliant little trip down memory lane

Jo

Nice to find a thread on gaming, and especially talking about my all time favourite game, mass effect! Man I love those games, except andromeda. I actually compare all other games to mass effect, rightly or wrongly. I find myself mostly saying "that game was ok, but it's no mass effect".

A close second to mass effect would be the gears of war series. Come on, who doesn't enjoy carving up grubs with the lancer? I really got into online gaming with the first one, really slick shooter.

The first titanfall game was one of the better games for Xbox one, frontier defence was a great game mode, played it for hours on end. Gutted they took that mode for the second game.

I'm currently playing red dead 2, but I just can't seem to get into it. Really enjoyed the first one but I'm just not as keen on the second. Can't really put my finger on why though?

I could talk about gaming all day but I'll leave it there for now!