The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

RMWeb Gamer's Lounge.

Classsix T

Time to throw in my claim to fame, I am not a game player and prefer to make things.

In 1983 I made, or helped to make, a young son, who now resides in Leeds, working for Rockstar as a programmer for the last 15 years.

That's about as close as I can get to anything meaningful on the thread, but it gives me a little comfort that he might indirectly be keeping some of you entertained.

Peter

• Like 3

Your "work" is appreciated Peter!

And would you do me a personal favour? Could you via your lad let he and his colleagues know that we do appreciate their efforts. (I'm not on social media so am not prone to smoke blowing or otherwise.)

I for one make a point of letting the credits run at the end of a game, as a silent acknowledgement of the input of everyone involved.

If you've another child working at Naughty Dog, we need to library you and your Missus' DNA stat!

Your "work" is appreciated Peter!

Could you via your lad let he and his colleagues know that we do appreciate their efforts.

Many thanks, will do, sadly it seems to be a one hit wonder, my only other offspring being a teacher.

It's difficult to have conversations with him about 'work' as he keeps telling me he will have to kill me if he tells me what he's working on, so I'm none the wiser about what he actually does.

Peter

The actual release date of Red Dead Redemption 2 probably Peter. The froth generated on this forum pales into insignificance compared to rabid teens online awaiting a talked about game.

C6T.

I do beg your pardon Peter, teaching is a noble profession and should be equally congratulated.

Edited by Classsix T

watched a play through of FF 10 a month or 2 back and since then ive been listening to the Suteki De Ne theme nearly everyday watched little bit of 10-2 but it was rubbish though i did read up on the storyline and watch cut scenes to catch the full story, a year or so back i watched FF IX, the whole feel of it was better with the music, characters, story scenery and is my favourite out of 7 to 10, the themes; Song of Memories, Melodies of Life, Rose Of May and Protecting My Devotion are amongst music quite frequently listened to, when i was younger i saw my brothers play through FF VII many times but never saw the whole thing until last year, yes it was a revolutionary game at the time but to me the storyline is a little over rated and lacking but i do like the orchestra version of the Aerith theme, tried watching FF 8 but quickly got bored so instead saw the story shortened down into one video.

lately ive been thinking of going into war thunder ground forces after watching videos by Phly Daily, theres no spotting mechanic like in World of tanks and the firing arch isnt automatic either so you have find the enemy your self,  range the shot and elevate the gun, its amazing to watch him easliy spotting the corner of a tank poking out from behind a rock several Km away while on the move and while flicking the view around

• RMweb Premium

Did some PC gaming in the late 90s / early 2000s (mainly Star Wars games, the likes of X-Wing and its sequels, and Jedi Knight), got a PS3 in 2007, ran OK for a while but it succumbed to heat death eventually. Have had an XBox 360, now have an XBox One S where I live at the moment (which has crappy broadband and I have to resort to the latency-unfriendly tethered mobile phone) but also have an XBox One X at a friends where I can play properly when I visit. Games tend to be Halo, GoW, Lego, and my favourite Portal 2...

Edited by Ian J.

• RMweb Gold

im not what you would call a gamer by any means, much rather be playing model trains but now with a teenage and 8 year old son we have a selection of consoles dotted around various rooms in the house!

back in the early 90s i used to have a snes and game gear then gave it a break until the late 90s getting a playstation which i upgraded to a ps2 in 2001 i also got a psp shortly afterwards

as for my 13 year old he has a ps1, ps2, ps2 slim, ps3, ps4 and psvr, psp, xbox 360 (x2), nintendo 3DS xl, most of those bar the ps4 and vr he has bought himself from car boot sales and charity shops

the 8 year old has use of a DS, 2DS, Wii U and a couple of old Wii's which are far more age appropriate for him game wise, he is mario obsessed and is actually quite adept at coding thanks to apps such as bloxworld, he has made some pretty good games that are shared via the community

the only game ive bought in the last god knows how many years for myself was a digital download of grand tourismo for the ps4, combined with the VR its an absoloute scream!

as you may know im doing a garage conversion for a new layout and my eldest has suggested we fit a projector to the ceiling with a pulldown screen and we put a PS4 and VR in there which i think is actually quite a good suggestion

picked up a nice couple of bargains from oxfam earler for less than £4 the pair

BD35853F-2F6E-4C2A-AE39-636236E3AC21.jpg

• Like 2

On the "take a punt, I might enjoy it" shopping list are the following PS4 titles. If anyone has played them and can either recommend or warn me off, please do.

NIOH

SILENCE

ARAGAMI

REPUBLIQUE

ABZU

C6T.

• RMweb Premium

I’ve got a ridiculously soft spot for Spyro The Dragon - the first 3 games on the original PlayStation - incredible, and 20 years on, I’ll still play from time to time - with great gameplay and a superb music score, an epic bit of nostalgia! Looking forward to the upcoming remaster this year.

Aside from that, I’m another GTA fan - from me begging my parents to buy me the original top-down Grand Theft Auto aged just 12 in 1998 through to adult life and me actually booking time off work for the release of GTA V in 2013, you could say it’s more of a religion!!

I own an XBoxOne and enjoy playing the Battlefield series of games - I prefer them to the CoD series as I find the gameplay on those a bit "linear" at times , especially in single player mode (although I normally play online in Conquest). Currently I spend most time on Battlefield One , which came as a refreshing change with simpler weapons that actually seemed to need some skill and tactics , although I also still like BF4.

As a Star Wars fan , I also occasionally play BF Star Wars , but again , I just can't seem to get into the gameplay that much - maybe because BF allows you to interact more with the surroundings (ie blowing up buildings etc)

Edited by Supaned

I’ve got a ridiculously soft spot for Spyro The Dragon - the first 3 games on the original PlayStation - incredible, and 20 years on, I’ll still play from time to time - with great gameplay and a superb music score, an epic bit of nostalgia! Looking forward to the upcoming remaster this year.

There’s a Spyro remaster coming at the end of the year. All 3 games remade from scratch for this gen of consoles

Big James

Aside from that, I’m another GTA fan - from me begging my parents to buy me the original top-down Grand Theft Auto aged just 12 in 1998 through to adult life and me actually booking time off work for the release of GTA V in 2013, you could say it’s more of a religion!!

There's a few that really slagged off GTA V, I'm of the opinion selecting Trevor and him waking up in a random location in naught but his shoes, socks and underpants is a hoot!

C6T.

• RMweb Gold

The eldest has just downloaded GTA V to my pc from the steam website for £5, it’s actually very impressive but I keep winding him up and telling him the graphics are no different to the original top down release

• RMweb Premium

I have a PS4 and PS3 (see my avatar)

Currently addicted to Destiny, but last year played Horizon Zero Dawn, Fallout 4, Dishonoured 2, and replayed Uncharted 4

• RMweb Gold

Absolute bargain today, picked up a gaming chair from of all places a flower shop in Northwich, he had a number of them all factory returns/repairs so I got us an x-rocker pedestal type (as opposed to the type which sit directly on the floor) forbthe princley sum of £10

03F53E4B-D08D-44EE-9C4F-24BCC0CE3EA8.jpg

One little rip in the armrest but other than that I got it Home, found a suitable power supply and aux cable and hey presto, worked first time, speakers built into the head rest and seat as well as a vibration function, gonna go back and hopefully get a couple more off him for when I’ve done the garage conversion and we fit a projector in there!

• Like 2

I have a PS4 and PS3 (see my avatar)

Currently addicted to Destiny, but last year played Horizon Zero Dawn, Fallout 4, Dishonoured 2, and replayed Uncharted 4

Did you play the Frozen Wilds DLC for HZD?

An odd bolt-on, the main game sort of forces you to play FW with a saved main game status in the time before the final chapter.

Then again, I was left a little disappointed with how HZD ended. It's dead ended. After saving humanity I expected a bit more than a trophy "ping" and notification of the option to start a newgame+.

They must've known the story was likely to be expanded! Could be a dialogue script issue mind, I've just played the Missing Link chunk of Deus-Ex Human Revolution and often subsequent DLC is intended to slot in during rather than after the events in the main game.

All that aside, HZD is one of the best (in all respects) new games I've played lately. There's something deeply satisfying about getting an overridden Thunderjaw to do your fighting for you!

C6T.

• RMweb Gold

Currently playing God Of War: Parenting Simulator

You get to call your kid 'Boy' all the time and teach him that any and all problems can be solved by hitting things with your axe.

• RMweb Gold

Great thread. After early dabbles with a Spectrum +2, then a ‘proper’ games console, in the Sega Mega Drive(I played Sensible soccer Until far far too late on fledgling work nights), I had my first encounter with Sony (PS1) and have been faithful ever since. Currently on PS4, and I have to say the Uncharted Series are my favourite games ever. Played multiple times on pS3 and now on second run through on the PS4. COD MW and MW2 were the best of times, but they are sadly lacking nowadays. I find I don’t have the reaction times anymore for online play. BF4 was decent and BF1 was refreshing, but just too short in single player.

FIFA18 is in the drawer at present, but No Man’s Sky, Formula1 17, Star Wars Battlefront, hard Rain and Two Souls are on the rack. Oh and Sniper Elite 4. Oh and GTA V; that was a vast, entertaining and challenging game that I still haven’t done/seen all of, despite finishing it 3 or 4 times . I’m not sure how Rockstar top it, to be honest.

But I know i’ll Always always come back to Uncharted (the train levels in Uncharted 2 and the ship graveyard levels in Uncharted 3 are graphically and challengingly the best gaming experiences I think i’ve had). Even the spin off was a decent, if short, effort.

I did thoroughly enjoy Uncharted, my PS4 is the blue Nathan Drake ltd edition, but think the games only came really good with the stealthy playability of 4.

Plus Naughty Dog surpassed them all with The Last of Us, a masterpiece, its sequel is eagerly anticipated.

C6T.

• RMweb Premium

Did you play the Frozen Wilds DLC for HZD?

An odd bolt-on, the main game sort of forces you to play FW with a saved main game status in the time before the final chapter.

Then again, I was left a little disappointed with how HZD ended. It's dead ended. After saving humanity I expected a bit more than a trophy "ping" and notification of the option to start a newgame+.

They must've known the story was likely to be expanded! Could be a dialogue script issue mind, I've just played the Missing Link chunk of Deus-Ex Human Revolution and often subsequent DLC is intended to slot in during rather than after the events in the main game.

All that aside, HZD is one of the best (in all respects) new games I've played lately. There's something deeply satisfying about getting an overridden Thunderjaw to do your fighting for you!

C6T.

Yes, platinumned as well

Better game as well than KZ Shadowfall, that was a huge disappointment with so many errors after the first 5 games.

The wall was stupid idea, anyone heard of continents?

Wrong accents.

People who use Latin alphabet have all books in other peoples script.

Took me quite a few games of KZ3 multiplayer to get over it