Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

League of Silly Engines

Every one seems to have forgotten about the Brush prototype that was hanging around during the early 1970s. I was fortunate enough to capture it passing by, but don't know what happened to it in the end. 

hornsey_class23xxx.jpg

Otherwise known as a Brush1/4.

Stewart

• Like 1

Great indian Peninsula railway, Gaht incline

attachicon.gifGIPR 1862 ghat.jpg

Shropshire & Montgomeryshire railway "Gazelle" was origanally 2-2-2 with large wheel shown by the large wheel arch

attachicon.gifGazelle nrm 2012.jpg

robert Stephenson No 1959 of 1870, Peckfield Colliery

attachicon.gifRS 1959-1870 peckfield col-yorkshire.jpg

Hunslet 1016 of 1910. Lagos tramway No 104

attachicon.gifHE 1016 - 1910 lagos steam tramway no 104.jpg

logging loco in new zealand rebuilt and bodged from a kitson tram engine like the one in the Ferrymead museum

attachicon.gifkitson 2381 - 1879 dunedin NZ.jpg

attachicon.gifKitson tram 1881 cristchurch ferrymead (2).jpg

What's weird about the Robert Stephenson No 1959 of 1870 is the substitution of the lead driving wheel for a bogie.  As an 0-6-0, it's a classic Stephenson long boiler tank of the period, but, yes, the bogie makes it look rather silly!

• RMweb Gold

There have been some oddities shown here but I rather think this takes the biscuit.

https://www.reynaulds.com/products/Micro-Metakit/12723HL.aspx

Ugh! How amazing, awful! I think the non-experimental locos looked good though.

crikey and we complain about the price of UK locos!

it should say at the bottom "people who bought this also bought....a course of therapy"

and its ugly too

crikey and we complain about the price of UK locos!

it should say at the bottom "people who bought this also bought....a course of therapy"

and its ugly too

But it does have "sprung loaded puffers"!

• RMweb Premium

Because a crazy man thought flat edges would increase traction of a wheel! Completely forgetting the principles of said wheel.

Quite wrong, the wheels worked fine, The engineering challenge was to machine the rails to match...

• Like 2

Wasn't Fire Queen the loco that was bricked up in a shed for years?

steve

Yes, as I understand it, on withdrawal in 1886 she was put aside in the old 2' gauge shed at Gildach Ddu at the insistence of the quarry owners daughter, until December 1969 when Dinorwic closed, is it a coincidence I wonder that a matter of months later W Awdry published his penultimate volume, detailing the rediscovery of George England 'Duke'?

• RMweb Premium

Otherwise known as a Brush1/4.

Stewart

Should be in the

'When the real thing

looks like a model' thread.

Has it ever been modelled.

• Like 1

Yes, as I understand it, on withdrawal in 1886 she was put aside in the old 2' gauge shed at Gildach Ddu at the insistence of the quarry owners daughter, until December 1969 when Dinorwic closed, is it a coincidence I wonder that a matter of months later W Awdry published his penultimate volume, detailing the rediscovery of George England 'Duke'?

Duke the Lost Engine was always my favourite book in the series

• Agree 1